Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-16-2013, 05:25 PM   #16261 
bahamut285

The main reason why "physical punishment/discipline" is illegal is because not many people know where to stop and (like Snowy suggested) some children react differently to it.

My parents ALWAYS explained why they hit me after the fact in a calm and controlled manner.

Sticking my finger into a socket? *smack* Don't do that, you will hurt yourself
Touching stuff at other people's houses? *smack* Don't do that, it is rude and you might break something
Said a bad word? *mouth covered* Don't say that, it is not polite

Whether I understood it at the age or not, giving an explanation I believe just removes the confusion as to why the kid was disciplined.

I also think age should be taken into account as well as CONSISTENCY across parents. If the mother is being the main discipliner and the father is lax about behaviour. The children will start to favour the father and hold resentment against the mother and vice versa.

After a while of smack + explanation, the soon to be 10+ year old child will just associate a stern explanation to be a fair amount of discipline. If you're still smacking your 15 year old then, uhh...

Rant: Feeling a bit annoyed at people who are taking FOREVER to RSVP for a party even after I've asked them several times to do so :I
bahamut285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:29 PM   #16262 
FishyFishy89

Exactly bahamut285!!!
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:46 PM   #16263 
Sena Hansler

My parents usually let me find out the hard way. Stove? Burns! Knife? Hurts! Running on stairs? Hurts! Saying something bad? Lots of trouble! Etc xD
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:04 AM   #16264 
RoMay

Today I just couldn't wake up and when I was sitting at the bus stop waiting for the second bus my brain turned on. Today it got really warm and I had to unplug Jabi's heater because it wasn't doing what it was doing. I remebered checking the temp when I woke up and it was 79 still, but defently I can say I forgot to plug it in. It's going to be a cold night. Kaoru pulled back her top because she to got warm (she likes it cooler), I forgot to close it or put mesh over it. -face palm- Next I forgot to unplug my laptop, and my heater which is going to drive the obsessive compulsive side of me nuts all night. My forgetful side is overriding my OCD I don't know if I should be worried about that, or thankful.

My ten gallon inhabitants havn't been eating since Tues. and for the last two days no ones come out of hiding. I have no idea what I have done to deserve this cold shoulder from my other fish. I know at least Decade (goldfish) is still alive because I caught site of him moving in a PVC pipe.

Oh shoot forgot to fax last years tax info so I can lower my student payments. UG THIS NIGHT I SWEAR! Coffee brew faster.

-edit- AND the fax is broke

Last edited by RoMay; 01-18-2013 at 01:10 AM.
RoMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:40 AM   #16265 
ThePearlFish

Self frustration...'nuff said..>.<*

(Too much to organize in my mind..i dunno how not feel like a pretzel all twisted up anymore..yeesh...)
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:10 AM   #16266 
Rosso1011

Mini-rant: I have the morning hiccups. Those always suck. I doubt many people want to wake up and get the hiccups only minutes after rising.
Rosso1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:15 AM   #16267 
Sena Hansler

I'm pretty upset... My poor friend has probably had the worst experience in life someone could experience.... Asides prison and maybe a severe traumatic injury -.- Now we'll be trying to get him to college in Canada.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:29 AM   #16268 
FishyFishy89

I can't decide on fish
Angels or mollies

The angels will be just angels, loaches and corys. The mollies will either be mollies and platies or mollies and bettas along with the same bottom feeders.

IDK!!!!!
Old 01-18-2013, 10:33 AM   #16269 
Sena Hansler

Angels are awesome :3 Had 5 in a 80 gallon. Mean little boogers they were xD
Old 01-18-2013, 10:36 AM   #16270 
FishyFishy89

Now thinkn about sharks!!! No balas
Silver-tips, rainbows and MAYBE red-tails.