Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-28-2013, 07:32 AM   #16351 
ThePearlFish

OMG Shirley! I am so sorry about that! It sucks :(

Maybe one day you can find a solution..

My rant- for the next few weeks till March I will be having exams/quizzes in both my classes pretty much every week due to the way they are set up. ugh..
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:25 PM   #16352 
BettaHeart

rant : "Why dont you go find some other country to live in and leave this place for the more civilized people, you are nothing but an filthy indian?" ...... sometimes i dont understand why i try...........
BettaHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:29 PM   #16353 
FishyFishy89

Waiting is sssssooo HARD!!!
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:52 PM   #16354 
pittipuppylove

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaHeart View Post
rant : "Why dont you go find some other country to live in and leave this place for the more civilized people, you are nothing but an filthy indian?" ...... sometimes i dont understand why i try...........
Goodness, someone actually said that? Sorry, it's stuff like that that make me ashamed to be human. NO ONE deserves to be treated like that on the basis of age, race, religion, etc., etc., etc.
pittipuppylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:01 PM   #16355 
Sparrowhawk

Quote:
*gasp* It's outrageous that there are still morons who behave in this way! After all the "advancements" most countries have made in the way of multiculturalism, you'd think that this kind of behaviour would be stamped out by now... My grandmother often recalls when she first came to Australia in the 70s and was often verbally and sometimes physically assaulted because she and my mum were "filthy wogs" coming from Yugoslavia. It's absolutely ridiculous that racism is still happening. I'm terribly sorry that some idiot said that to you, it's awful. I hope that something brightens your day after an experience like that.
Sparrowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:08 PM   #16356 
ThePearlFish

People still say things like that???!! Geez! I mean I guess I know that there is a lot of hate in this world still, but still...

Rant- this is the 2nd time that I called the endocrinologist and it went straight to voicemail. It is soo frustrating that no one will pick up or call me back.. I understand a busy day or something, but seriously??
Old 01-29-2013, 12:54 AM   #16357 
Shirleythebetta

I am only a slim bit Indian (from india) and a little native american so that made me very dark skinned. I used to get called nasty names too. None of that has changed as much as we think. I still know people who define a person as "that black guy". I have a very multi cultural backround and it makes me feel physically ill.

on to the ranting. I hate being bored *yawn*. I am trying to get amped up to clean my pleco's tank. Filthy little bugger.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 12:55 AM   #16358 
Shirleythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePearlFish View Post
People still say things like that???!! Geez! I mean I guess I know that there is a lot of hate in this world still, but still...

Rant- this is the 2nd time that I called the endocrinologist and it went straight to voicemail. It is soo frustrating that no one will pick up or call me back.. I understand a busy day or something, but seriously??
Keep on it or see if you can get recommended to a new one. I have thyroid disease and endo's are just as busy as regular doc's with all the stuff they treat. Hang in there. Someone will answer. Also, a bit of advice. Make a list of everything you want to ask them so you can be checked for all of your concerns in one shot. I had to do this because mine was a couple of hours away.

Last edited by Shirleythebetta; 01-29-2013 at 12:57 AM.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:01 AM   #16359 
Rosso1011

Quote:
I am so sorry to hear that someone actually said that you. I just cannot believe how ignorant and intolerant some people can be. The United States of America was founded by immigrants. It is amazing how many people living here forget that.

I remember how it felt the one time somebody in a diner I was working at when I was 18 said I looked a mexican. I am not very dark complected but I do have a touch of an olive skin tone to me. The messed up thing is that my ancestry has been traced back to mostly, well, America.
Rosso1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:06 AM   #16360 
ThePearlFish

Yea I wrote down a huge list of my symptoms. The office is close eniugh that i can drive there in 5 min. But I'd prefer not to. The other office is almost an hour away but I might call them anyways.

(don't hava rant yet :p but I'm sure I will at some point today)

Tags
bettathanyou