Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-04-2013, 11:17 PM   #16441 
Hadoken Kitty

I would definitely turn them in. Just saying. Like, now. You mentioned pictures from before moving in? Keep those as evidence. That is ridiculous.
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:27 PM   #16442 
bahamut285

I agree with HK. If you have photographic evidence that the damage she is blaming you for is from before you moved in, then you should really say something about it.

I had my landlady's husband tell me that the handle in the bathtub is "not a handle" -_-. It fell off so when I talked to them about it, I just got lectured the entire time he was fixing it. I know the true cause is just because they plastered it incorrectly the first time. The back of that wall goes into a closet on the other side, and if you look at the back of the closet you can see this awful attempt at a plastering job.

My friend has a physically disabled mother and she uses THE EXACT SAME HANDLE to get in and out of the tub. It is designed to take a person's weight. I weigh barely over 52kg (115ish lbs)...I could blow away in the next wind let alone break a handle because I nearly slipped in there...

EDIT: Clarity: I was using the handle to get out of the tub/shower, I didn't actually fall...I was already standing and maybe leaned less than a few pounds just to climb out -_-
bahamut285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:35 PM   #16443 
Pataflafla

We're reporting them for the mold once we're out. we just don't eel safe doing so before since she threatened us directly and when they evicted one of the tenants upstairs, they actually broke the law because they changed the locks before the tenants were legally supposed to be out.

I just don't feel safe with it until we're out since I don't know what she meant by her threat coupled with her aggression and previous history.

My sister and I did surprise her today when we gave the typed notice stating that we would like our 30 days, which would make it March 3rd due to February's shortness and that they are legally required to give us 48 hours notice before expecting entry. they don't have a court order and there are no emergencies here for immediate access as they are allowed.

I really do just want them to try and show up again so we can refuse them and ask for a written notice for 48 hours since we don't trust them with their word. They have known about the mold for a month and tried to play coy with it. She was supposed to show up a month ago to specifically look at the mold.
Pataflafla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:52 PM   #16444 
Hadoken Kitty

They sound like landlords from the underworld. Goodness. I'm sorry that you have to go through this.

I can't stop welling up with tears. Every time I look at Dovahkiin I feel dumber and dumber about not catching this fin rot sooner.
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:25 AM   #16445 
Shirleythebetta

Anybody on here who knows me knows I am a country girl married to a hillbilly man. I usually love his "language" but sometimes it drives me nuts. Here is a piece of the hillbilly language and translations.

"They have Scoliosis of the liver" Scoliosis = Cirrhosis
"The lead's have to dispute our checks" Dispute = Distribute
"I need that pacifically" Pacifically = Specifically
My favorite words translated are "Wersh" = Wash
and "Holler" = Hollow

Again, it's cute some days but annoying on others. It gives me a headache to listen some days but I love my hillbilly.

Anti rant/rant-may have a job at a small retail store. The only problem I have is I have to sell beer. I hate alchohol with a passion and I may have to be nice to people who buy it. Blah.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:02 AM   #16446 
dramaqueen
Banned

My relatives are just as bad. Lol
*Them beans ain't no good* ≈ Those beans aren't very good.
*I seen you at the store* ≈ I saw you at the store.
* The store is over ere * ≈ The store is over there.
*I knowed her all my life*≈ I've known her all my life.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:17 AM   #16447 
Shirleythebetta

You got to love hillbilly language. Glad we were born into it or we would be even more confused.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:30 AM   #16448 
dramaqueen
Banned

My mom and I were just talking the other night about her family and their education. Neither my mom, her sister or brother went to college. Her brother was like 17 when he married and became a father. He did get his ged later, though. His oldest went to college 1 year and did nothing but party. His oldest daughter was a little tramp and we heard his youngest daughter was going to med school but ghat was years ago. We don't have anything to do with those people and haven't since the 70s when my uncle died. That's a whole other story. My mom's sister had 2 kids. They both have the same education but one says stuff like them beans ain't no good and the other one doesn't talk like that. Neither one of them went to college. My older brother and I went to college and got degrees. My younger brother went to college for 3 months before deciding it wasn't for him. He joined the Navy and got his education there. My cousin has 4 kids. One has a business degree, I think and has a pretty good job. One other one has a degree in physical education is a assistant football coach for some college. The other two boys have jobs but didn't go to college. One talked about going into the military but his mother put her foot down and told him it was a death sentence.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:37 AM   #16449 
dramaqueen
Banned

I guess what I'm saying is that my brothers and I are so much different from them. I guess because of all the travelling we've done. Of course, we made fun of the way people talked in the little town we lived in in Colorado.
*yous guys are going to the Safeways to get a sangwich, no? Meaning you guys are going to Safeway to get a sandwich, aren't you?
Old 02-05-2013, 01:02 PM   #16450 
Shirleythebetta

Sangwich. That's a new one. Yea, I have conflicting genetics. My dads side is what you call educated hillbillys. My moms side is more down home hillbilly. Then I married Jeff. The hillbillys that couldn't spell education let alone pronounce it. My mom in law actually grew up living in a abandoned school bus with her seven siblings. None of which we ever clean or wore shoes. Its funny, I have three living, breathing definitions of hillbilly. Got to love it though. This is what taught me to be able to hunt and build everything we need to survive.

Rant-want to start a new project but cant think of one. Maybe I'll mess with the one I started a few months ago. Cross stitch.

Tags
bettathanyou