Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-10-2013, 04:33 PM   #16511 
ThePearlFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettaFish View Post
Why is it at 5:30am every morning without fail my cat comes in and starts meowing and running around my room? It's like he has an inbuilt alarm clock.

So now here it is just turning 6:00am and I have to get up and go feed the monster before he sprays somewhere in my bedroom.
I think it's a cat thing >.< Mine does this except he is locked out of my bedroom and he yowls and crys and bangs on the door and turns the knob until he unlocks the door and opens it O.O I have had to resort to putting a vacuum cleaner against the door so I don't have to be 1/2 awake and leap out of bed to get to the door and slam it closed before he runs it...>.> (gpig lives in the bedroom so he is not allowed in there..)
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:23 PM   #16512 
LittleBettaFish

Our handles are ones they can't open (although our Siamese learned to open the sliding back door by getting on the bench and leaning on the handle so it slides across). So the Oriental just sits outside my door and drags his claws down the door frame until I let him in. My door frame is all scratched up from where he has done it!

Plus he is on Prozac currently as he is mildly 'special' and has a lot of neurotic behaviours and sprays everywhere. So we have to try and keep his stress to a minimal. We were thinking of putting him in a crate at night but then I had visions of him somehow killing himself in it while we were all asleep haha.
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:39 PM   #16513 
Hadoken Kitty

Was looking for ail info yesterday and ran across a page that encouraged the fighting of betta fish. They even gave people ranks depending on what level their fish fighting skills were. Man....people like that make me so angry!!!
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:32 PM   #16514 
Bombalurina

Can't make this bizarre tin-opener work. And my sister is insisting the doorbell isn't working. I can hear it fine.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:05 PM   #16515 
Buttons000

My roommate loved my betta so much, he decided to get one. He has it in a teenytiny bowl. When I told him that they really need a filter and heater, not to mention space; his reply was 'my sister had one in a vase for 4 years and it did fine'
Buttons000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:51 PM   #16516 
thekinetic

You should tell him that keeping it fine and keeping it happy are two different things Buttons. I mean I have a spare 1 gallon and a spare bowl and I don't put a betta in them because I know it wouldn't be happy.
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:02 PM   #16517 
Bombalurina

Buttons: hope this helps. http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=98214
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:10 PM   #16518 
Shirleythebetta

I totally have the my little pony theme song stuck in my head
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:11 PM   #16519 
Buttons000

Thanks you guys. I'll try my best to change his mind. If that fails, his Bday is coming up and someone will be getting a fish tank.
Buttons000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:48 PM   #16520 
Hadoken Kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekinetic View Post
You should tell him that keeping it fine and keeping it happy are two different things Buttons. I mean I have a spare 1 gallon and a spare bowl and I don't put a betta in them because I know it wouldn't be happy.
+1 totally agree. I have two half gallons and three one gallons, none of which I use to house bettas. I use them for emergency QTs. While some can be happy with heat, I find trouble being able to decorate something that small to my liking (human visuals, ugh). Not only that, but I also want my Bettas to be as happy and curious as possible. Let him know that a betta fish who lives to be four years old, but has had clamped fins their whole life has never really been happy. That's four years of unhappiness there. Which sucks.
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote