Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-12-2013, 10:46 AM   #16531 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freyja View Post
Not to sound rude but...Change it.
That was very rude and unnecessary. Pearl is actually in school and is dealing with a 1 way relationship with a guy who apparently either doesn't know how to or doesn't want to share his emotions. You don't change your life overnight, it happens according to what you do everyday.

My rant: Arg this persistent cough!!! It didn't let me get any sleep!! I'm go get me some cough drops today.
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:18 AM   #16532 
ThePearlFish

Quote:
Not to sound rude but...Change it.
I thought this was a rant thread..where I could rant..

There are a lot of things in my life right now that I CANNOT change. And stuff that I can, well when I am put in a rock and a hard place position, it is a little hard to change it.. Soooo, I decided to type the shortest sentence possible in this thread because I was in a rough place at the time I posted. I didn't WANT to sound whiny and write a whole essay, so I was curt in my rant. :P I WISH I could change all these things right now! LOL. And one day I am sure some of the stuff might get easier to deal with. :)

Last edited by ThePearlFish; 02-12-2013 at 11:21 AM.
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:02 PM   #16533 
Freyja
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePearlFish View Post
I thought this was a rant thread..where I could rant..

There are a lot of things in my life right now that I CANNOT change. And stuff that I can, well when I am put in a rock and a hard place position, it is a little hard to change it.. Soooo, I decided to type the shortest sentence possible in this thread because I was in a rough place at the time I posted. I didn't WANT to sound whiny and write a whole essay, so I was curt in my rant. :P I WISH I could change all these things right now! LOL. And one day I am sure some of the stuff might get easier to deal with. :)
And it is and it wasnt meant to be rude. Sometimes those trains of thought are non-productive and can lead to darker places that are even harder to get out of. I know because I've been there, hence my "change it". It nips those thoughts at their source and redirects your energy towards more productive outlets. Dont get bogged down.
Freyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:03 PM   #16534 
Freyja
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy89 View Post
That was very rude and unnecessary. Pearl is actually in school and is dealing with a 1 way relationship with a guy who apparently either doesn't know how to or doesn't want to share his emotions. You don't change your life overnight, it happens according to what you do everyday.

My rant: Arg this persistent cough!!! It didn't let me get any sleep!! I'm go get me some cough drops today.
It wasn't rude and sometimes it is necessary. Read post below.
Freyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:05 PM   #16535 
ThePearlFish

It wasn't necessary in this case, but oh well, all in the past.
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:37 PM   #16536 
Hadoken Kitty

Dropping ONE class and getting slammed with a $1,175 bill!!!!
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:05 PM   #16537 
Shirleythebetta

Quote:
Put your foot down about the babysitting like yesterday. It is not your baby so you are under no obligation to watch it/babysit. Don't let your hubs cave either or get pulled into the drama. What the hell is it with people having babies and then expecting everyone else to watch them? Its your baby, you watch it! You take care of it! If you want to go to dinner or the club or whatever pay for a babysitter. SMDH
I'm going to have to. his mom and sister are perfectly capable of doing things for themselves but they have serious power trip issues. I know they will expect my husband to do everything for them (fix cars, houses, move things...) I will not sit at home alone because he is helping them. They are grown and capable women and they got their own selves into the messes they are in. I was the one constantly saying that there was something off about her husband and she should think before marrying him. I was the one who told his sister that she shouldn't have a baby with her husband but they didn't listen. Not to mention, if I ever got pregnant and needed them to babysit they would laugh in my face. They both act like their time is too precious but everyone else should take care of them. She actually had the nerve to say at the baby shower that since sister is having the first grandbaby it is getting all new and any kid born after that is getting used. Also that she was going to spoil this one the most because it's the first.
What happened with that and her kids? my husband is her oldest and she could care less what happens with him. She is such a butt. I don't really care because if or when I have kids I wouldn't leave them with neurotic alchoholics anyways. Not to mention I determine what my child gets not her. My kids won't be treated as second best by anyone. She did actually have the nerve to say she was saving all of this baby's stuff to pass on to me and my husband if we have a boy. Like I want this baby's hand me downs so they can hold that over my head for the rest of my life. Also if I have a kid I want it to have new things too not used.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:15 PM   #16538 
FishyFishy89

I hate getting sick. I now have a headache to go with this ewy throat. Lets see....time to break out the soup...again.
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:08 PM   #16539 
dramaqueen
Banned

I have been a member of this forum for 4.5 years. When I first joined, people seemed to be friendlier and more polite. Now, I see people making snarky, rude comments all the time without thinking of how other people are going to interpret it.It's easy to hide behind a computer monitor and just let people have it. People post things on a computer that they'd never say to a person face to face. I'm also seeing people use the "I'm not rude,I just don't sugarcoat stuff" excuse or the "I'm not rude, I'm blunt" excuse. I also believe we shouldn't be passing judgement on someone's lifestyle. How people live their lives is not our business. Treat people as you would like to be treated.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:39 PM   #16540 
Hadoken Kitty

A large chain fish store employee told me that I could buy a cheap fish to get a coupon on a 10g tank. In the process, I told him that I did not have any more room for fish. He told me that after buying the fish, I could FLUSH IT DOWN THE TOILET. I just looked at him in disbelief and strait up told him: "WHAT!? That's terrible! I could never do that!" URGH. Stupid guy.
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou