betta fish

Old 02-12-2013, 09:44 PM   #16541 
dramaqueen
Banned

OMG what a moron!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:53 PM   #16542 
ThePearlFish

I just read an article about this girl who was suspended for maintaining her auburn colored hair?!!!???!! What the heck???! It was "too colored for the school!" It isn't like her hair was fluorescent pink, it was a gorgeous deep auburn color!

What are schools coming to nowadays...
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:57 PM   #16543 
Hadoken Kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePearlFish View Post
I just read an article about this girl who was suspended for maintaining her auburn colored hair?!!!???!! What the heck???! It was "too colored for the school!" It isn't like her hair was fluorescent pink, it was a gorgeous deep auburn color!

What are schools coming to nowadays...
When I went to a private school, we weren't allowed to have any hair color other than "natural red, blonde, or brown/black". So guess what I did, since I really wanted black hair. I colored it all of the above, in random highlight variations. I found the loophole. The entire faculty hated it, but there was nothing that they could do.

I guess what I want to say, is that there is nothing wrong with coloring hair, and that school is stuck up.
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:03 PM   #16544 
ThePearlFish

Here is the link to the article btw. If this isn't as natural as you can get with colored hair without it being crazy, I dunno what is.. -shakes head-

http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/uta...192700681.html
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:02 PM   #16545 
Saphira101

Grrrrowwlll.....
Saphira101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:03 PM   #16546 
Shirleythebetta

I have seen some outrageous colors on kids. I don't agree with kids dying their hair any color because to me it's teaching them that vanity is okay. But mine is just an opinion. I just don't agree with teaching kids anything but acceptence for their appearance so they don't end up obsessive about weight lose and hair dye and make-up like my mom aunt and sister. It seems to be a learned obsession in my family except in my case. For some reason I was able to take a step back and see the craziness.
Love yourself and focus on education!

Last edited by Shirleythebetta; 02-12-2013 at 11:10 PM.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:49 PM   #16547 
dramaqueen
Banned

We think a lot alike about stuff.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:15 AM   #16548 
Shirleythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
We think a lot alike about stuff.

Yep we do. I just don't feel it is good to tell a kid it's okay to change their appearance before they even grow into their looks. They should be focusing on school not hair and clothes so I don't oppose policies against that kind of thing. I remember a girl that came to school in a belly shirt and the art teacher taped felt around her and made her stay in school like that. It was pretty funny.

rant-can't shut off my brain. I haven't even started my new job yet and the manager that hired me is gone. The one who is taking over now seems a little cold hearted and she will be replaced soon by yet another manager I guess. Why the work drama when I don't start until saturday?
Also, school is getting frustrating. I have five weeks until it's over and I am losing my desire to do the work. I am burnt out on school.
My in-laws constantly add stress to my life and I don't know why I let them. They agravate me mostly because I know they didn't want me and my husband together because I don't cater to their wishes and I don't play the pity game when they complain about the drama in their lives. Also, they don't like me because I don't think I want children. Apparently all women were put on this earth for was to make babies and boss men around in their eyes. But yea, I am nervous that my husband is going to fall back into his old ways of being a doormat. He has been pretty good about standing up for his self but there is always that worry in my mind. It's like I am constantly thinking, "when is something bad going to happen because it always does"
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:25 AM   #16549 
dramaqueen
Banned

We don't really have to deal with stuff like that because we never talk to any of our family. Only one cousin called to ask my mom how her colonoscopy went.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:27 AM   #16550 
Sparrowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirleythebetta View Post
Yep we do. I just don't feel it is good to tell a kid it's okay to change their appearance before they even grow into their looks. They should be focusing on school not hair and clothes so I don't oppose policies against that kind of thing. I remember a girl that came to school in a belly shirt and the art teacher taped felt around her and made her stay in school like that. It was pretty funny.
I'm actually not sure I agree with you. I think changing one's appearance shouldn't feel like a necessity to young people, but should be available to them if they choose it - perhaps as a reward for good grades. I myself felt much better about myself when I changed schools to one with no uniform, and was able to wear what I chose, and dye my hair, and my concentration on studies improved as a result of raised self-esteem. It can be a gamble though, some kids may become obsessed with changing their appearance rather than simply becoming comfortable in their own skins, so it probably should be something that is determined based on the kid's personality, not a blanket rule.

But that's just my two cents. ^.^

Rant: I know they're two completely different genres, but I'm annoyed that the Motley Crue/Kiss show and the Offspring show are on consecutive days. Not nearly enough time to regain energy - not to mention finances will be stretched. Minor annoyance really, but y'know...
Sparrowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou