Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-13-2013, 08:25 AM   #16551 
ThePearlFish

JUUUUST when I am actually sleeping well and am having a really interesting dream I have to wake up to feed the animals >:/
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:30 AM   #16552 
FishyFishy89

With the aid of a hot shower, ibporphins and my cough drops I slept like a baby. The weird thing is my throat feels worse o.O
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:55 AM   #16553 
Freyja
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy89 View Post
With the aid of a hot shower, ibporphins and my cough drops I slept like a baby. The weird thing is my throat feels worse o.O
Getting worse before it gets better and all that rot. Try a shot of rum, lemon juice (pure), honey, and aloe vera.
Freyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:39 AM   #16554 
dramaqueen
Banned

Yeah, rum cures everything.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:00 PM   #16555 
Hadoken Kitty

hot tottie!
Attached Images

Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:04 PM   #16556 
ThePearlFish

Rant 1-Blahhhh! I feel so blah. :/ No motivation to get off the couch >.<

Rant 2- I have huge flakes coming off from my scalp that weren't there last week..o.O
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:23 PM   #16557 
FishyFishy89

Note to self: do not go to bed with wet hair unless you want to have fun brushing out all the knots.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:27 PM   #16558 
FishyFishy89

Seriously mom???
Monday, we planned to go to lunch on Weds. Monday night I developed this annoying cough and didn't sleep at all. Apparently my brother in law(who lives with us) told mom i was sick. So come Tuesday mom never bothered to call me to see if I still wanted to go out to lunch.

Today, I am feeling slightly better, no headache, throat was worse in the morning but is minor now, along with a minor cough. Come 1pm I asked mom if we were still going out for lunch and she says "Oh I canceled it because you're sick". COMMUNICATION!!! I kick illnesses in the bum! I maybe sick 1 night but I could be fine the next night. You know that mom!

Last edited by FishyFishy89; 02-13-2013 at 02:30 PM.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:11 PM   #16559 
SnowySurface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freyja View Post
Put your foot down about the babysitting like yesterday. It is not your baby so you are under no obligation to watch it/babysit. Don't let your hubs cave either or get pulled into the drama. What the hell is it with people having babies and then expecting everyone else to watch them? Its your baby, you watch it! You take care of it! If you want to go to dinner or the club or whatever pay for a babysitter. SMDH
Responses rarely hit a nerve with me in this thread because I keep in mind that people are just venting. So this isn't directed at the mindset more so than it's directed at Freyja. I'm also not mad, just...confused. Like there's something I'm missing that prevents the underlined part from making sense.

The reason I expect other people to watch any kid(s) I theoretically have in the future is because it's 2013 and I don't plan on being a stay-at-home mom. I would expect the workers at a day care center to watch my kid(s) while I'm at work. I would expect the schools to watch my kid(s) when they are the old enough for pre-K until they graduate from high school. I would expect someone to watch the kid(s) while I have a date night/club night/ect. I expect these things because becoming a mom wouldn't nullify every other role I fullfil. I would still be a chemist who goes to work Monday-Friday to earn money. I would still be a wife with a husband I would like to spend time with each other as adults at least a few times a month.

There comes a time when the parents have to be separate from the kids for the sake of work, social, and marital relationships. I don't see how it's possible to have children without expecting at least one other person on the planet to help you watch him/her/them. I just don't believe that parenthood means never expecting a single day of help for 6570days.

It is true that none of my relatives would be obligated to watch any child(ren) I theoretically have in the future. But it would give me peace of mind to leave the baby, toddler, child, ect. with a trusted relative instead of a stranger who is working for hourly pay. If a relative said no, then the answer is no and I would start researching sitters. But I would go to family I know before I play russian roulette with babysitters.

Maybe it's one of those things I'll understand if/when I have kids of my own. But as an outsider looking in, I don't see why a parent shouldn't expect others to help with raising a child. Don't older generations pine for the days when the village raised a kid?
SnowySurface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:13 PM   #16560 
Sparrowhawk

Ugh, the one time I have absolutely nothing to do on a day, I wake up ridiculously early with my body refusing to let me go back to sleep, my arthritis wants to say hello because it feels it hasn't made its presence known enough lately because I've still been able to walk for the last couple of weeks, and my grandma falls ill and now I need to organise a doctor's visit. Really, universe? I couldn't have one single lazy day? Just once would be lovely y'know...
Sparrowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou