Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-13-2013, 09:00 PM   #16571 
Hadoken Kitty

Thank you guys....yea i know he cares...it's just....after i cry he expects everything to be giggly again, like nothing happened at all. Things don't work that way with me. There is a small payment plan thing. My college allows me to just pay as much as I can, but I can't sign up for classes or anything like that unless I have a loan, which I refuse to do. I just wish my work would call back sooner. :/
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:16 PM   #16572 
FishyFishy89

WHY must it be so difficult to get a NON-ALBINO bristlenose pleco! I has white sand, I don't want a bottom feeder that is atleast 90% white. I want him to stand out the whole time and be noticeable. I'm so close to just getting a rubberlip pleco.
Petco better have ordered in my non-ablinos. If not, I'll be taking my money to PetsMart and getting a rubberlip pleco.
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:48 PM   #16573 
sarahspins

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy89 View Post
WHY must it be so difficult to get a NON-ALBINO bristlenose pleco! I has white sand, I don't want a bottom feeder that is atleast 90% white.
Funny.. I had the opposite problem looking for mine.. my LFS only ever had the brown ones.. the albinos would always get snatched up with 24 hours of being for sale (my LFS quarantines incoming fish, so customers typically knew when they'd be up for sale and so they'd sell out fast). I ended up ordering some L144's (they are yellow with brown eyes) so they would stand out more against my black sand.

I've seen the regular ones at Petco and Petsmart... or you could consider ordering them. I got mine shipped to me for less than one would have cost me at my LFS (though their increased cost was due to being bigger - almost adult sized, the ones I got were babies).

I'd just order one (or two) - I've gotten fish from this semmer with no problems :)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brown-Bristl...item4ac15a7d04
sarahspins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:07 PM   #16574 
ThePearlFish

Hadoken Kitty, If you ever feel really down, you are more than welcome to PM me. Often times I too feel very alone and lonely too and I know how it feels to be depressed :(. I know it is so easy to say, but try not to take anyone's words too seriously :). It is their issues causing their talk towards you, not you! Hugs hugs!!

My rant- the snow flurry is not sticking :( Means I will not have a snow day home from school tomorrow :(
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:24 AM   #16575 
ThePearlFish

Rant for today- Bah humbug! (regarding v-day, I am so glad that my BF is great at forgetting big days today, I am not in a v-day mood and always have kinda hated this "holiday".

Anti-rant: I am listening to my favorite radio station morning talk show and I am all hyped up for the rest of the morning now :P
Old 02-14-2013, 03:20 PM   #16576 
Freyja
Banned

Rant: Trying to teach my daughter to develop self-awareness and a thick skin. She needs to understand that she doesn't have to take everything others say to heart and if someone doesn't like you well eff them. You are better for it because they don't give you anything or contribute to your life in any way. Know some adults who could do well to learn this as well.
Freyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:36 PM   #16577 
FishyFishy89

Why do people think it is okay to use someone else's artwork without their permission? Just because it is posted online doesn't make it okay for you to use without permission.
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:47 PM   #16578 
ThePearlFish

Rant: BF got me chocolates. I hate "celebrating v-day" and getting the typical "candies/flowers" type gift for v-day. At least he didn't get me flowers and I can eventually consume the chocolate I guess.. The point is I feel like v-day presents are just courtesy and he feels forced to get me something to be nice. Well, why can't he show nice gestures to me on any other day. Why does it take a "holiday" to show me he cares. And then he got mad at me cus I was being ungrateful. Well, he asked what was wrong..All my life I have had issues recieving gifts like this from people. And I always seems to screw things up. I am so annoyed with myself. I was so happy today until all of this D: I am so annoyed with myself..
Old 02-14-2013, 05:59 PM   #16579 
Freyja
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePearlFish View Post
Rant: BF got me chocolates. I hate "celebrating v-day" and getting the typical "candies/flowers" type gift for v-day. At least he didn't get me flowers and I can eventually consume the chocolate I guess.. The point is I feel like v-day presents are just courtesy and he feels forced to get me something to be nice. Well, why can't he show nice gestures to me on any other day. Why does it take a "holiday" to show me he cares. And then he got mad at me cus I was being ungrateful. Well, he asked what was wrong..All my life I have had issues recieving gifts like this from people. And I always seems to screw things up. I am so annoyed with myself. I was so happy today until all of this D: I am so annoyed with myself..
Were you ungrateful? Did you say thank you or was he expecting gushy demonstrations of gratitude? Does he know you don't do V-day? Maybe explaining calmly that candy or flowers on such an obvious day seems forced and fake and you'd prefer shows of affection on a non-day. If it's an issue of you not knowing how to receive gifts, like some people who don't know how to take a compliment then be honest and explain it to him as well if he doesn't already know. If he does know and still does it, a smack upside the head works wonders.
Freyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:38 PM   #16580 
ThePearlFish

Maybe I was a little ungrateful, I felt like a jerk, especially cus I didn't do anything for him. But I did appreciate the fact that he tried to do something nice for me, and that he got me white chocolate since that is my favorite chocolate. In fact, he got me two things of white chocolate and one huge chocolate sampler (is he trying to get me fat or something?? LOL) His card was cute. a zebra on the front. Every v-day I say I hate doing the v-day thing, and every v-day I end up getting something from him. I suppose I should just deal with it from now on.:P It IS a little issue of not knowing how to receive gifts too. Always had that issue. I feel really uncomfortable, same as when I receive a compliment, have no clue how not to feel awkward... Sigh.. I'll just have to learn how to deal with things like that. He means well. He really does. It is prolly ME that needs a smack on the side of the head :P

Tags
bettathanyou