Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-14-2013, 05:53 PM   #16581 
Shirleythebetta

I feel uncomfortable getting gifts too. I usually come of angry and ungrateful. I just don't know how to act or what to say. I usually stutter and look at the ground. My mom in law bought me a new leather purse today and I just stared at the ground. My sis in law bought me a worlds greatest aunt shirt and I acted like it wasn't anything. Didn't mean to I just don't do good with emotions either.

Rant-sis in law has to have a scheduled c section on the fifth. I'm pretty freaked because if anything happens to her or that baby this whole family is going to freak. We lost husbands brother and dad within two years. This is another reason I may not want kids. I do think I want to risk my life to give birth. I know its rare anything happens but I am genuinely scared for her.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:53 PM   #16582 
FishyFishy89

Pearl, I agree with you! Love shouldn't be shown only on specific days! Your love and appreciation for one another should be shown everyday. Bah Humbug V-Day! The only thing I like about it is the half off chocolates!
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:09 PM   #16583 
LittleBettaFish

UGH! I am running low on heaters since I have had a big influx of fry born and need grow-out tanks. So I have to go and crack one of my expensive Eheim 50 watt heaters because I forgot to unplug it.

I promised I would never buy a low quality brand of heater again, but since I have only $50 or so in my bank account I had to go for the el cheapo $15 brand. Hopefully it doesn't fry my fish.

Ah to have an income again. That would be the dream.

In an anti-rant, our next door neighbours left me a lovely box of chocolates on our doorstep yesterday. Their old terrier had been getting out of the yard and I have had to keep putting her back in as I am afraid she would get hit by a car.

I have no idea where she gets out. She's like a ninja dog.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:09 PM   #16584 
Freyja
Banned

It should be called white cocoa butter product. White whatever is a lie. Cocoa beans are brown, hence chocolate is brown. Sorry white .... lovers but you are living a liiiiie. Yes I have issues with this liiiiie.
Freyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:14 PM   #16585 
ThePearlFish

Whatever it is, it is tasty compared to dark chocolate lol. :P
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:18 PM   #16586 
Freyja
Banned

Dark chocolate is an acquired taste and when you acquire it, going back is difficult. I can't stand the sickly sweet taste of white blah blah blah. Milk chocolate is as far as I go. On a more serious note: Pearl and Shirley, we must practice our polite smile and thank you. Aaand go... I don't know that more than that should be expected unless you get something brilliant. Then hugging, kissing, tackling is perfectly acceptable.
Freyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:33 PM   #16587 
ZergyMonster

I know "White Chocolate" isn't really chocolate but for name and clarity sake that is what we call it.

Anti-Rant: I was able to find a 5.5 gallon with a non-LED hood and was finally able create a divided tank for my two male bettas. I am doing a Ying Yang theme with this tank and just need to find some black and white rocks/decorations to finish it up.
ZergyMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:38 PM   #16588 
dramaqueen
Banned

I like chocolate be it milk, white or dark.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:56 PM   #16589 
Shirleythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freyja View Post
Dark chocolate is an acquired taste and when you acquire it, going back is difficult. I can't stand the sickly sweet taste of white blah blah blah. Milk chocolate is as far as I go. On a more serious note: Pearl and Shirley, we must practice our polite smile and thank you. Aaand go... I don't know that more than that should be expected unless you get something brilliant. Then hugging, kissing, tackling is perfectly acceptable.
*smiles politely* ow that hurt!

How do I not be terrified about my sis in laws c section?
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:07 PM   #16590 
ZergyMonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirleythebetta View Post
*smiles politely* ow that hurt!

How do I not be terrified about my sis in laws c section?
You can start by knowing that it is a procedure that has been done for years for hundreds of thousands of people who have come out of just fine. Surgical residents require at least 4 years of training on dummies and cadavers to perfect their craft and only perform surgery on tasks they are familiar with. My mother has gone through 2 C sections with us boys and she is still is going strong.
ZergyMonster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou