Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-19-2013, 09:14 PM   #16661 
Shirleythebetta

Does it drive anyone else nuts when you get a phone call and they let it go to voicemail and they do t leave you a message? My work did that and I didn't get it u til after the store closed. Now I'm freaking out thinking omg did I screw up a register? Omg did they need me to help since the big managers are coming tomorrow. Gahhh! Am I in trouble or just having a panic attack.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:26 PM   #16662 
Hadoken Kitty

First spawn attempt was unsuccessful. >.<
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:24 AM   #16663 
FishyFishy89

naw, I was speaking of my mother. She says she's gonna do 1 thing for her dog and then she decides not to. I keep telling her this dog food is better for her dog and why her current dog food isn't doing great for her dog. But she keeps saying "but she's doing just fine on this dog food" Oh yeah? Hows her weight loss going? I haven't seen her drop a single pound and you keep pulling back kibbles. Yeah dad's giving her scraps, but when the dog is literally eating 5 kibbles twice a day, she should be losing weight! The only thing dad is giving her is a piece of lunch meat or cheeze during lunch time and letting her lick his dinner plate. That's not much to keep packing on everyday.
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:42 AM   #16664 
pittipuppylove

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy89 View Post
naw, I was speaking of my mother. She says she's gonna do 1 thing for her dog and then she decides not to. I keep telling her this dog food is better for her dog and why her current dog food isn't doing great for her dog. But she keeps saying "but she's doing just fine on this dog food" Oh yeah? Hows her weight loss going? I haven't seen her drop a single pound and you keep pulling back kibbles. Yeah dad's giving her scraps, but when the dog is literally eating 5 kibbles twice a day, she should be losing weight! The only thing dad is giving her is a piece of lunch meat or cheeze during lunch time and letting her lick his dinner plate. That's not much to keep packing on everyday.
That might not just be a food issue then... They may want to get her checked out at a vet if they haven't already; some underlying health issues could make it difficult to loose weight.

lol I just avoid the pibble thread. I'll talk bullies all day with people in person, but it's not going to do much to argue over the internet - especially when people are being less than civil to each other (and I'm not trying to point anyone out. I don't know names - just saying that every time I've checked that thread out, it hasn't exactly been plesant conversation) Honestly, I prefer to let the behavior of my bullies do the majority of the talking. That does more good than anything I could ever say.
pittipuppylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:09 AM   #16665 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittipuppylove View Post
That might not just be a food issue then... They may want to get her checked out at a vet if they haven't already; some underlying health issues could make it difficult to loose weight.
I'll bring that up to my mother. Seeing as she isn't even willing to change her food, I doubt she may even take her to a good quality vet to get her tested. Her vet just keeps saying "don't give her people food, keep her on a small amount of kibble". He's atleast 75 years old, I'm sure his vet knowledge is slipping now.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:25 AM   #16666 
Viva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken Kitty View Post
First spawn attempt was unsuccessful. >.<
:( Are the fishies ok?
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:28 AM   #16667 
pittipuppylove

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy89 View Post
I'll bring that up to my mother. Seeing as she isn't even willing to change her food, I doubt she may even take her to a good quality vet to get her tested. Her vet just keeps saying "don't give her people food, keep her on a small amount of kibble". He's atleast 75 years old, I'm sure his vet knowledge is slipping now.
Yeah, I'm not saying that there has to be a health issue involved, but it can definately happen. Dunno about the people food, but if she's only getting five kibbles twice daily (I'm assuming these are average size - not something mammoth sized) I'd be suspicious of something. lol There are some very good older vets who are on the cutting edge of modern medicine and there are some who practice roughly the same today as they did twenty years ago.
pittipuppylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:33 PM   #16668 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittipuppylove View Post
Yeah, I'm not saying that there has to be a health issue involved, but it can definately happen. Dunno about the people food, but if she's only getting five kibbles twice daily (I'm assuming these are average size - not something mammoth sized) I'd be suspicious of something. lol There are some very good older vets who are on the cutting edge of modern medicine and there are some who practice roughly the same today as they did twenty years ago.
Oh I know there can be some great older vets. But my issue with him is he just keeps telling her to not give scraps and to give only that small amount of kibble. She's gone on like this for quite some time now. It's not like it's been a few weeks. I'm talking atleast a few months to half a year. These are somewhat normal sized kibbles, in fact, I believe she's feeding the Rachel Ray kibble that is bought in Publix.
Old 02-20-2013, 04:31 PM   #16669 
Sparrowhawk

Sometimes I wish spine transplants were a thing, and that I would qualify if they were. I reckon I have the spinal health of someone fifty years my senior. Lately it's been getting harder and harder to get out of bed, to lift things, to do water changes... Even to walk down the street to get groceries. Putting socks and shoes on is a nightmare, and heaven forbid I accidentally drop something on the floor and need to pick it up...

I keep doing the stretches I was taught when I had physiotherapy, but I think I need to go back because they're not working the way they used to. Hopefully a professional can teach me some new things I can do daily to get myself back to a point where I can exercise, as I'm sure the weight I've put on as a result of being in too much pain to work out isn't helping that same pain, and I really miss doing various dance classes.

I'm going to feel like a useless idiot this Saturday, when we're helping some friends move house. If I'm finding it almost impossible to lift 8L of water (2 gal) how on earth am I going to help people move their stuff? It's also going to seem like a cop-out if I say I can't carry certain things... I dunno, I want to be of the most help I can be, but what help is being able to carry only a few kg? Bleh.
Sparrowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:46 PM   #16670 
FishyFishy89

Oh Sparrow! I could feel your pain in your post! Have you tried out natural remedies such as message, yoga or even acupuncture? There has to be something to help your back.

Tags
bettathanyou