Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:10 PM   #16692 
Freyja
Banned

Mint helps I think.
Freyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:23 PM   #16693 
Rosso1011

Vinegar? Sounds gross. Freyja, I have been drinking mint tea to no avail.
Rosso1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:18 AM   #16694 
Freyja
Banned

Rosso, hope it helps.
One study showed that a dietary supplement containing a combination of melatonin, l-tryptophan, vitamins B6 and B12, and folic acid relieved GERD symptoms even better than the heartburn drug Prilosec. A number of other studies have shown that melatonin alone helps protect the digestive tract.
It may sound strange, but gum stimulates the production of saliva, which is an acid buffer. Plus, chewing gum makes you swallow more often, which pushes those nasty acids back out of your esophagus. When you pick a pack of gum, just make sure it's sugar-free so you also protect your teeth.
Freyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 04:07 PM   #16695 
LittleBettaFish

I just want to rant about people that let their dogs go off leash in an ON LEAD ONLY PARK!! Drives me absolutely nuts.

We walk our two dogs together. The youngest has some fear-aggression issues occasionally with other dogs. The oldest is fine and has no issue with other dogs on lead or off.

The reason we walk at an on-leash only park is because we do not want dogs approaching our youngest and giving her a bad experience. We try to make every interaction with another dog a positive one, and having a strange dog come rushing up while she is feeling vulnerable is not going to be fun for her.

Therefore, it just really chafes me when me and my mum go to the park this morning and right away in the car park some idiot jogger's dog is running loose. Usually my mum yells at people that the park is on-leash only but today she didn't. Anyway they go off and we take our two girls for their walk.

We get back to the car park area, and the stupid dog is running around loose only about 50m away. Owners are paying it no attention so I decided to go first with our oldest girl as if it rushed her she would just ignore it.

To top it off, as we are leaving, another pair of joggers run past with an unrestrained dog right behind our car!

We once watched saw the dog of someone from our dog club loose and chasing a kangaroo right for the big main road that runs along the entrance of the park. My mum told her off for that as it looked very bad for anyone watching.

It makes me really irritated as on-leash parks are great for reactive dogs to utilise without the fear of them being approached or harassed by someone's 'don't worry he's friendly!' dog.

Also there is an off-leash park only 5 minutes from this one with an enclosed oval and lots of tracks so really no excuse.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:55 PM   #16696 
Hadoken Kitty

So, I got my fish today. In the process of opening them I cut the bridge of my nose with scissors and then I broke one of the glass bowls I was going to put one of the girls in. Guess mason jar it is.
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:41 PM   #16697 
aqua001

I dented my macbook for the second time today! I AM OFFICIALLY DONE WITH SUPER DENTIBLE AND SOFT LAPTOPS! i'm so mad cuz now it has TWO dents and my mom won't buy me a new one because my laptop is better than hers. I'm so mad!!!!
aqua001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:46 PM   #16698 
FishyFishy89

Be happy you have a working laptop. My best friend has to borrow her father's laptop because he won't purchase another one.
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:50 PM   #16699 
Hadoken Kitty

I have a dent in my Mac as well. How interesting that they told me that it was more sturdy since it was all one piece of whatever this thing is made of. This is the only laptop that has ever dented on me.
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:37 AM   #16700 
Sparrowhawk

I can't afford the laptop I want, and have had to settle for the bare minimum of the system requirements of a lot of things I use mine for... Aren't Macs super-expensive? If it still works fine and is only dented, there really isn't a reason to purchase a new one for a cosmetic flaw...

Now I'm just pining for a proper gaming laptop now. >.<

Rant: So sore after helping friends move house yesterday. Feel like I went all Incredible Hulk and have the resulting muscle pain today, haha. Also a minor rant, I really want to get an exercise bike so I can still do cardio when it's far too hot outside to go for a powerwalk, but have no idea how I'll carry the box for the thing home if I manage to scrape together enough money for one...
Sparrowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou