Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-26-2013, 10:52 AM   #16711 
RoMay

@essjay oh god carpet, we have a carpet at work that sometimes in that gets in that way. You need a bit a bounce good hip thrust and a chair with good shock absorption to get past it.... I am wondering how many people right now are trying to cross their room in their desk chars with out their feet touching the ground.

@dramaqueen some acers suffer what is known as "hinge lock" where obviously the hinge locks up and becomes a solid piece of medal. No amount of lubercant can get the hinge working normally again. The only option is if you didn't destroy your screen before you noticed is to replace it (which is about the same as a new laptop) or go without. This usually occures with the extensa versions.

http://youtu.be/kPWGUfZkDp0 this is basically what happned to my laptop.

Last edited by RoMay; 02-26-2013 at 10:55 AM.
RoMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:16 AM   #16712 
dramaqueen
Banned

I do have a hard time opening and closing it sometimes but it's been fine so far. Thanks for the warning.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:42 AM   #16713 
RoMay

check the side of your monitor to make sure it does not start separating. If it starts to separate STOP! Hard time opening and closing sometimes is how it starts. Do not open by the middle open by the sides.
RoMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:52 AM   #16714 
dramaqueen
Banned

Thanks. I always open by the middle.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:53 PM   #16715 
pittipuppylove

Gah... Laptop issues are not fun. My college requires that students use the school's antivirus software, and of course they use the cheapest, least-effective software out there that no one else ever uses. I've gotten a virus around once a month from just regular web surfing (facebook, pinterest, TFK, the school's website, etc.) and am seriously miffed at the school's IT department for never being able to debug my computer.

Also an anti-rant - We're coming up on a week-long Winter Break, so everyone going home has to check out of their dorm, which means unplugging everything, shutting/latching the windows, and other basic stuff. They expect everyone to take their fish home or leave them without heaters (well, actually, most students or hall staff don't think pet fish need heaters, but that's another story entirely). I went to talk to my hall's RHD and he's allowing me to leave my tanks plugged in over break since it'd be a pain to move all 30ish gallons worth of tanks home and back for a week. So I'm only taking my 2.5 gallon shrimp tank and one of the 5 gallons home - much easier.
pittipuppylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:37 PM   #16716 
Bombalurina

The K key on my laptop fell off and the I looks like it is about to follow suit. Luckily the little things underneath still work.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:41 PM   #16717 
Hadoken Kitty

You should be able to just push the buttons back on.
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:47 PM   #16718 
LittleBettaFish

Haha once I got so angry at my laptop that I pulled half my keys off. I didn't mean to but I have a really bad temper and I lost about 10 pages of work because my laptop had frozen and Microsoft Word didn't auto-restore. I could not get most of them back on and boy was I sorry.

After that laptop blew its hard drive, I go out, buy a new one, and the damn esc key snaps off within a week of me using it. That one was due to the cat and not my fault.

Stupid laptops. I think I will never have one that is fully operational and has all its keys!
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:49 PM   #16719 
Hadoken Kitty

I don't think I've ever pulled mine off in anger, but a fax machine fell on my laptop once and broke a ton of keys off. I believe I got all but one to stay back on. Naturally, the screen was shattered though. Haha.
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 03:54 PM   #16720 
FishyFishy89

The Super Pug jumped onto my laptop when I had it on the ground. Her claws tore off 5-ish keys. My "t" and "k" keys are still a little iffy.
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote