Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-26-2013, 11:25 PM   #16721 
Bombalurina

I love my laptop, but it is aging. :) Unfortunately I can't snap the keys back on.

My bottom is very sore from the uncomfortable seats in my tutorial room.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:07 AM   #16722 
Sparrowhawk

My bottom is also sore! Hahaha. But it's self-inflicted. I bought myself an exercise bike the other day to try and lose some weight (and nope, haven't forgotten the chair-scooting exercise from earlier in the thread, haha!) and because it's a cheapie, the seat is ridiculously uncomfortable, so all the bits of me that come into contact with the super-hard seat are SORE!! Ouchie. The good news is that I've found I can do more than I suspected with my current level of fitness (non-existant). ^.^

Other rant: I'm fed up with the floating plants in my tanks. I try and keep them floating over the low-light plants to shade them until the stems grow in, but the fish keep pushing them right over to where the stems with higher light requirements are. It's so annoying! I want to pull them all out of the tanks, but they're all great nutrient sponges (Since planting stems and adding two more varieties of floating plants, I've managed to halve my water changes according to the test results, with plenty of wiggle-room, which makes me super-happy) so I don't want to remove them until the next batch of fast-growing stems arrive and I fill in the gaps in the gravel with those... GAH! I also hate to remove the water sprite because Weehawk likes to sit in the leaves, so I may need to wait until he's got other leaves to rest on when the stems reach near the top. *grumbles*
Sparrowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:03 AM   #16723 
BettaHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethyMT View Post
Shirley: Most C-sections are not necessary. Like, really really not needed. Convenience is the most prevalent reason for them...doctors like them because then they can schedule births and not have to put in lots of time and/or lose sleep due to a labor and delivery.

It doesn't matter than the baby hasn't turned, that can happen as labor is happening. In fact, it often doesn't happen until labor.

I have also known teeny tiny people who push out 10 pound babies with no problem...small is not an excuse.

I am on a soapbox about C-sections. I hate them. A lot. Somtimes they are necessary....most of the time they are not, and such surgeries, being unnecessary, are just ways for the docs to get more money and the mom to get an infection. Ick.

Sorry, I birthed two the good old fashioned way (one with epidural, one without any pain meds), and while "inconvenient," I'd recommend it any day. Although you can't really say a lot if a mom's mind is made up, maybe you could say a little something about how she can do it herself (without the surgery).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freyja View Post
Standing right next to you on that soapbox. Many doctors also do C-sections to prevent malpractice, and moms schedule them so they don't have to go through the hassle of giving birth naturally. I'm also on the fence about epidurals and pitocin and other birth accelerants, so to speak, because many times they are given unnecessarily and lead to C-sections that most likely wouldn't have been needed had they let nature take its course.
ok i tried to stay away but after having five all natural births the first four were five days past their due dates, i get annoyed when people plan the entry of a baby for convenience, i mean with my oldest son and third daughter there was low fluid but that never stopped them from turning, it took the day of my last one's birth to decide he will flip around, mind you it made it quite uncomfortable the whole morning and he was over-due 4 days,women babies since the beginning and without the luxury of painkillers, labour enhancers, my grandmother had 13 children with only 3 being born in a hospital. I really planned only to have two kids but an abusive overbearing man decided to force his ways in that area of my life like he did with every other aspect of my life. And my last little guy is another wonderful blessing from another not so wonderful relationship, i didnt have anyone except the doctor, and two nurses. sorry for the novel, another thing that really irks me is women who terminate a pregnancy just because they didnt want to get fat.... sigh i apologize for that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso1011 View Post
I may be planning a trip to see a doctor soon. My issues with heartburn/reflux are now causing me grief when I am at home. I have been feeling so sick the past couple of days because of heartburn and other related upper digestive issues. I don't know how many people realize how hard it is to motivate yourself to do something when you get persistent heartburn. I don't feel like doing squat as of lately. I also know this is something I have to keep an eye on because it is prevalent on my dad's side of the family.

If anyone knows of some good home remedies for calming heartburn, they would be appreciated. Tums don't seem to do much for me and I cannot take pepto bismol.
Have you tried baking soda? I think a teaspoon in a warm glass of water, it seems to help my mother, i seen her drinking it when they were visiting during christmas.
BettaHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:48 AM   #16724 
SnowySurface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrowhawk View Post
I can't afford the laptop I want, and have had to settle for the bare minimum of the system requirements of a lot of things I use mine for... Aren't Macs super-expensive? If it still works fine and is only dented, there really isn't a reason to purchase a new one for a cosmetic flaw...

Now I'm just pining for a proper gaming laptop now. >.<

Rant: So sore after helping friends move house yesterday. Feel like I went all Incredible Hulk and have the resulting muscle pain today, haha. Also a minor rant, I really want to get an exercise bike so I can still do cardio when it's far too hot outside to go for a powerwalk, but have no idea how I'll carry the box for the thing home if I manage to scrape together enough money for one...
I can relate to the laptop. My HP 18XD is going on 3 1/2 years old so it's starting to show its age a bit. It overheats if I play World of Warcraft for more than 3 hours (which makes raiding nearly impossible T_T), I had to use my HP Care Package to properly install a new display driver because updates for GeForce 130M gave me errors while gaming, and I still have random crashes while gaming.

It can do everything else, like basic word docs and email as well as video streaming, so the system isn't completely shot. But I'm worried about how hot it gets. I'm probably going to fry the motherboard with high temps by accident before it reaches 4 years old. I think my next computer is going to be a gaming desk top. I keep killing laptop in less than 4 years the way I use them.
SnowySurface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:50 AM   #16725 
ThePearlFish

Rant: dr. didnt even do any hormone tests before deciding to stick me on a BC pill.. >:( Seriously, I feel like every one is telling me I am making up all my issues. I HATE IT when people dismiss my thoughts.. They act like I am just imagining things. Yes, maybe some of it is due to stress, but when these issues have all been going on for the past 3-4 yrs, I DOUBT HIGHLY that I am "over reacting" >:(
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:08 PM   #16726 
BettaHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePearlFish View Post
Rant: dr. didnt even do any hormone tests before deciding to stick me on a BC pill.. >:( Seriously, I feel like every one is telling me I am making up all my issues. I HATE IT when people dismiss my thoughts.. They act like I am just imagining things. Yes, maybe some of it is due to stress, but when these issues have all been going on for the past 3-4 yrs, I DOUBT HIGHLY that I am "over reacting" >:(

i know what thats like, i wanted to post this for you and everyone, one as a slight chuckle and two to realize there is a valid point being made.. haha
Name:  528414_421615264593979_57599564_n.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  42.3 KB
BettaHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:16 PM   #16727 
ThePearlFish

LOL. I might post that on FB :P :P

I just don't understand why the doctor wouldn't do a test to see my hormone levels BEFORE sticking me on a pill. All pills are different in terms of what hormones are in them. If the hormone imbalance I am experiencing doesn't get offset by the hormones in the pills, I am going to be MORE of a mess..
Old 02-27-2013, 12:19 PM   #16728 
Freyja
Banned

Quote:
LOL. I might post that on FB :P :P

I just don't understand why the doctor wouldn't do a test to see my hormone levels BEFORE sticking me on a pill. All pills are different in terms of what hormones are in them. If the hormone imbalance I am experiencing doesn't get offset by the hormones in the pills, I am going to be MORE of a mess..
So it is a hormonal imbalance?
Freyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:21 PM   #16729 
ThePearlFish

I certainly think so. Maybe stress is a contributing factor, but I think something internal is definitely going on. Unfortunately, my doctors don't seem to want to test me for anything.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:21 PM   #16730 
SnowySurface

Quote:
I hate when that (as in a doctor a doctor blindly writing perscriptions) happens.

There are three aspects of birth control that can cause severe reactions.
The hormone Use
How it's dispensed
How the "blank pills" work

I personally need progesterone based hormones, daily small doses, and "blank pills" that never become complete placebos. If the hormone is estrogen, I can turn it into toxic levels of testosterone which makes my migraines nearly daily and much more severe. If I get too large a dose at one time I can have constant bleeding in between periods. And if the pills even have 0 levels of hormone the sudden lose will trigger a migraine.

Regulating hormones with BC is not as simple as swallowing a pill and seeing what happens.

As for my actual rant...

Having Asthma sucks. I am now trying a new type of inhaler (Advair) since the inhaler that has worked for 4 years (Pulmicort) doesn't want to control my asthma anymore. Even my allergist/pulminologist doesn't know if I need the Advair only for winter (since cold air aggrivates my lungs and Advair has a corticorsterode(sp?)) or if I need it all year round.

On top of that I just refilled my Pulmicort two weeks ago and now I have to fill a entirely new perscription in less than a month. I just can't win.
SnowySurface is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou