Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-28-2013, 02:15 PM   #16761 
SnowySurface

I have a HP 18XD. I don't know any more than that until I go home and look it up in my "expensive stuff" File.

At first I thought it was the fan because HP laptops are designed to vent through the keyboard. Last year the keys on my keyboard would get hotter faster over time. So I took it apart and removed a hunk of dust. This time is a bit different because my keys are staying room temp and the lower left hand corner next to the touch pad is getting hot instead. Normally if I ignore the keys getting warm the computer shuts itself off and wouldn't turn back on until it was cool internally. Now it's as if my computer doesn't pay attention to its internal temperature anymore.

The main reason why I'm worried about the motherboard is I know it's already gone above it's proper temp by the time I'm smelling heat. I stop playing when I smell heat because I'm not that crazy about gaming. But it would be nice if my copmuter let me know it's too hot before my motherboard is cooking. T_T

Since my HP Care Package Extended Warrenty is good until August 3rd, I may mail the Laptop back to them with a note that says, "It smells like burning when I use it! Fix it!" XD
SnowySurface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 02:26 PM   #16762 
FishyFishy89

I believe, laptops are a "ticking time bomb". I will NOT go beyond web surfing and photoshopping on my laptop. Laptops are just not meant to go beyond that. Yes they make "gaming laptops". But these laptops still don't have the capacity to do what a desktop can. I believe laptops shouldn't have even been invented. There's a reason why desktops do better than laptops. Desktops have the space and power to keep themselves cool and working properly. When you take away that space and shove everything into a brick, you run into some issues if you work on the laptop in a way that it has to constantly cool itself. Laptops only have 1-2 fans, desktops can have up to 5 fans, sometimes more if you have the space/power.
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 02:30 PM   #16763 
Bombalurina

Really violent wind last night. No sleep for me, which I wouldn't mind so much if I didn't have a lecture followed by work. Le sigh.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 02:42 PM   #16764 
SnowySurface

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy89 View Post
I believe, laptops are a "ticking time bomb". I will NOT go beyond web surfing and photoshopping on my laptop. Laptops are just not meant to go beyond that. Yes they make "gaming laptops". But these laptops still don't have the capacity to do what a desktop can. I believe laptops shouldn't have even been invented. There's a reason why desktops do better than laptops. Desktops have the space and power to keep themselves cool and working properly. When you take away that space and shove everything into a brick, you run into some issues if you work on the laptop in a way that it has to constantly cool itself. Laptops only have 1-2 fans, desktops can have up to 5 fans, sometimes more if you have the space/power.
Yeah...I'm coming to that realization. T_T

My brought this HP laptop because my first HP laptop fan died and would run constantly while sounding like a jet engine. Now this laptop, which should have 2 fans instead of 1, is still dying on me in. Grant it, the first laptop lasted 2 years compared to this laptop lasting 3 1/2 years, but both seem to have the same flaw. They just can't stay cool enough.

I also use a laptop fan. So my PH 18XD not only has it's own two internal fans but two additional cooling fans underneath. I can take a pic when I get home to show just how much effort I put into keeping my comps cool. And I'm STILL having this over heating problem.

I have no problems with my Gateway Netbook because I only use it for sorting photos, music, and maybe on occasion looking up something quick online. When this laptop goes, I'm going to buy a gaming desk top. I'm not traveling back and forwards to campus anymore, so I don't have to keep my computer portable anymore.
SnowySurface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 02:47 PM   #16765 
FishyFishy89

Totally not even related to the conversation going on:

Why do I even bother anymore? You're welcome!!! These days I feel like I'm just wasting my time and effort to get nothing!
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:58 PM   #16766 
Hadoken Kitty

I had a nightmare last night that all of my females in my sorority were actually males. Now I'm paranoid with every fish I buy.
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:58 PM   #16767 
koincidenskis

Well, time for a rant, but I'll keep it to 5 dramatic words

LIVING WITH MY BOYFRIEND"S PARENTS

Dun dun dun dun dunnnnnnnnnnnn

I could write a novel on how irritating it can be sometimes.

Good news? Seeing some bubble nests being blown. And getting my midterm over with tomorrow. Plus paycheck day yay!
koincidenskis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:17 PM   #16768 
Kiara1125

Quote:
Originally Posted by koincidenskis View Post
Well, time for a rant, but I'll keep it to 5 dramatic words

LIVING WITH MY BOYFRIEND"S PARENTS

Dun dun dun dun dunnnnnnnnnnnn

I could write a novel on how irritating it can be sometimes.
I'm gonna be doing that. My boyfriend's parents love me. xD it might get annoying, but I'll be living with his older brother too. He's soooo much fun!
Kiara1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:20 PM   #16769 
Kiara1125

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowySurface View Post
I have a HP 18XD. I don't know any more than that until I go home and look it up in my "expensive stuff" File.

At first I thought it was the fan because HP laptops are designed to vent through the keyboard. Last year the keys on my keyboard would get hotter faster over time. So I took it apart and removed a hunk of dust. This time is a bit different because my keys are staying room temp and the lower left hand corner next to the touch pad is getting hot instead. Normally if I ignore the keys getting warm the computer shuts itself off and wouldn't turn back on until it was cool internally. Now it's as if my computer doesn't pay attention to its internal temperature anymore.

The main reason why I'm worried about the motherboard is I know it's already gone above it's proper temp by the time I'm smelling heat. I stop playing when I smell heat because I'm not that crazy about gaming. But it would be nice if my copmuter let me know it's too hot before my motherboard is cooking. T_T

Since my HP Care Package Extended Warrenty is good until August 3rd, I may mail the Laptop back to them with a note that says, "It smells like burning when I use it! Fix it!" XD
xD that'd be hilarious. I should get some info from my friend. He but his gaming computer and it has epic graphics and processing speeds.
Kiara1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:21 PM   #16770 
Sparrowhawk

When I've been up late and haven't had much sleep, and my father calls at the crack of dawn and my grandmother thinks it's urgent so she wakes me up to talk to the infuriating man (yes, he's my only remaining parent but it doesn't mean he's an easy person to tolerate) and as soon as I get on the phone, I find out that all he wanted was to ask if I was going to renew my membership with the Star Trek Fan Club. ARRRRRRGGGHHHHH. What a PITA. Should've just gone all Klingon on him. XD

The funny part is that he doesn't know the first thing about Star Trek but he wants to go to all the conventions with me, like a father/daughter bonding thing. That's nice and all that he's finally making an effort to bond since my mum's death, but he has such an abrasive personality, and is so loud and obnoxious that I really don't want to take him to anything that is important to me. But that's a rant for another day...
Sparrowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote