Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-14-2013, 09:30 PM   #16931 
Hadoken Kitty

The topic of doctors makes me angry. I have been dealing with am extremely, nearly inactive colon for my whole life. Doctors tell me to get it taken out, since medicine hardly works, yet I can't get a surgeon to take it out, because medicine will make it work once every three days. I'm always sick, tired, and moody. It's almost unbearable and there are multiple times that this colon thing alone has made me beyond belief depressed. Just....doctors. Seriously.
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:09 AM   #16932 
dramaqueen
Banned

This stupid cousin of ours is friends with a friend and neighbor of ours. This friend came over here last sunday night on her way home from my cousin's house. Our friend wasn't feeling well and asked me to check her blood pressure. It was very low and her pulse was like 135 or so. I asked her when her next appt with her cardiologist was and she said april something. I told her to call the next day and see if they would work her in because I was worried about the symptoms she was having. She was also short of breath. So after leaving here she decided to go to Prompt Care. They called her daughter to come and take her to the hospital. Now, my cousin who is a pain in the you know what has taken it upon herself to call and give updates. She got all mad because the friend came to our house instead of hers. She thinks she knows EVERYTHING about medicine and tells my mom that our friend doesn't even know her own body. That comment really made me mad! She's always assuming stuff and telling peiople what to do. My mom hasn't even told her we're moving because she's afraid of what she'll say. If she doesn't like it, tough noodles!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:53 AM   #16933 
Oldfishlady

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePearlFish View Post
I emailed my dr. about my ringworm issue cus it isn't going away.

I am totally with you guys with being broke and/or horrible medical care...>.>
Get some Iodine and dab it on your ringworm 2-3 times a day-It should go away in about 10 day-2 weeks more or less. You can find it at most stores that have a pharmacy dept for only a couple of bucks and it will last forever-works for both human and cat ringworm. It will stain everything including your fingers-it usually will already have an applicator attached to the lid.
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:36 AM   #16934 
ThePearlFish

I am not entirely sure it is ringworm, but doing a look-see dr. thought it was it. I don't know where I could have gotten it if it IS ringworm, maybe if I go by the store sometime soon, I'll stop by and look for some iodine. It isn't too irritating itchiness-wise, but irritating to look at, LOL.
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 12:20 AM   #16935 
registereduser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePearlFish View Post
I am not entirely sure it is ringworm, but doing a look-see dr. thought it was it. I don't know where I could have gotten it if it IS ringworm, maybe if I go by the store sometime soon, I'll stop by and look for some iodine. It isn't too irritating itchiness-wise, but irritating to look at, LOL.
I have had ringworm and it is I-T-C-H-Y ! If you still think you have it try some Lamisil or any OTC cream for athlete's foot/jock itch.
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 06:08 AM   #16936 
Bombalurina

One of my rats went into respiratory distress due to mucus stuck in his throat - gagging, panting and coughing like crazy - so I had to perform ratty first aid. A bit emotionally draining. :( It was one of the little men in my avatar, D'Artagnan.

On the plus side, Willoughby appears to have recovered from his lethargy.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 07:01 AM   #16937 
Romad
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombalurina View Post
One of my rats went into respiratory distress due to mucus stuck in his throat - gagging, panting and coughing like crazy - so I had to perform ratty first aid. A bit emotionally draining. :( It was one of the little men in my avatar, D'Artagnan.

On the plus side, Willoughby appears to have recovered from his lethargy.
OK I'm intrigued. What did your ratty first aid entail? I'm glad he's ok now.
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 04:25 PM   #16938 
Bombalurina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romad View Post
OK I'm intrigued. What did your ratty first aid entail? I'm glad he's ok now.
Grabbing him by the *ahem* manly parts, or around that general area, and the neck, lifting him over my head and bringing him swinging down hard towards to floor, headfirst, in an attempt to dislodge the mucus in his throat. It took 8 tries, but it did work eventually, for which I am grateful, as the next thing to try is sucking the mucus out through his mouth.

The things we do for love.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 04:29 PM   #16939 
JBonez423

Quote:
Grabbing him by the *ahem* manly parts, or around that general area, and the neck, lifting him over my head and bringing him swinging down hard towards to floor, headfirst, in an attempt to dislodge the mucus in his throat. It took 8 tries, but it did work eventually, for which I am grateful, as the next thing to try is sucking the mucus out through his mouth.

LMAO mental image of you just kind of smacking your rat against the floor... xD but for good reason!!! Ahh the things we do to keep our animals safe and happy. Worst by far is having to clean a horse's sheath... O.o
JBonez423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 05:29 PM   #16940 
Romad
TFK Moderator

Quote:

Oh poor ratty :( I'm sure he was all WTH????

And I don't even want to think about plan B
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou