Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-17-2013, 08:20 PM   #16951 
royal

Stupid auto correct
royal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:07 PM   #16952 
Bombalurina

Le sigh. Ratties need more medication...must be a day ending with 'y'.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:14 AM   #16953 
JBonez423

LBF- act as big as you can! Birds are nervous during breeding season, if you enjoy wearing black that could be why they targeted you! Next time he comes after you, stand your ground, puff up, wave your arms, and make a loud noise- basically look as big as you possibly can! The barn swallows at school used to do that to me and I'd be paranoid they'd smack into my head so I'd run around like an idiot but turns out they like that lol let's them know you're afraid and makes them feel powerful!

Royal- ughhh, middle school... The same exact thing happened to everyone I know around 7th grade. And I had no interest in dating but my friends would kind of pressure me into it. So my advice is basically be yourself and if some guy comes along you think is cute, go for it. I can't say I ever regretted having a bf in middle school lol I just felt bad because I would get bored and break up with them really quick. For me, there was too much going on to really date, but then I believe middle school/high school should be more about finding yourself than finding a boy/girl to like. =]
Posted via Mobile Device
JBonez423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:31 AM   #16954 
LittleBettaFish

Magpies are pretty large and they have big pointy beaks. Plus they actually do aim to hit you rather than just scare you off. My mum got her head cut after one chased her a full block while she had a bike helmet on (they seem to have a real hatred of bike riders and helmets).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_Magpie

Usually they make a lot of noise when they are going to swoop. This one however, is a sneaky bugger and he was just out to get me. It's also not breeding season, which is why it was really odd he specifically targeted me. Every other magpie we ran into on our walk ignored us or ran off squawking. This one it seems is just out to get me.

Next time it flies at me I am going to pop it in the face with the leash again. You could see it sitting in the tree contemplating having another go at me. I think that the shepherds make them nervous as I seem to get swooped an awful lot even when others walk by unmolested.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:01 AM   #16955 
JBonez423

Lol I know, I've never had to deal with actual magpies but I've always had a weird obsession with birds, they're just like crows and crows will do the same thing. They know they're big, and they use it to their advantage. Hell, a small barn swallow still would have hurt! I don't blame you for being nervous. It's not breeding season right now? Here Spring's just beginning, so all the birds are going bonkers as they try and claim a mate. We've had bird after bird hit the window. Crazy little things. Definitely try popping it with the leash, and still try acting big, yelling when he comes after you, etc. If you make a big enough fuss, he might just go, "Well, I guess this spot is taken..." and move on.
Old 03-18-2013, 07:09 AM   #16956 
LittleBettaFish

Nah we are going into autumn now. Magpies only swoop a couple of months out of the year. Since I almost always get swooped I hate them flying real close to me. I made friends with most of the ones on our route by throwing kabana at them last year when I walked every day but this one is clearly unhinged haha.

Once when our oldest dog was a puppy, he was on the leash sniffing around in the bushes and he found and chased a baby magpie. Well that magpie called its whole family and I had about a dozen of them chasing me up the street. Talk about embarrassing as this family was on their front porch at the time watching me run by.

None of my dogs ever think to protect me. They are quite content for me to be the target while they stroll by having a sniff around.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:21 AM   #16957 
JBonez423

Wow, I feel dumb! Lol I had no idea the seasons were different over there. I know that sounds pretty dumb, but that's what happens why you haven't yet been out of the US. In that case, I might bring my bb gun.. clearly he's unhinged! ;P

My dog is the same exact way. One time we were in a cow field and were being chased by a herd of cows. My dog took off faster than we did! So much for man's best friend! xD
Old 03-18-2013, 06:40 PM   #16958 
Bombalurina

Australian magpies are special little birds...beautiful song, pretty markings, and a deadly vendetta against humans. They are much bigger than European magpies, and more intelligent too. Anyone not familiar with them, it is definitely worth hitting youtube to hear them sing.

I found that bribing them works best - you can't outrun them, and you can't sneak around them...they are always watching you. I still bear the scars from a swooping incident when I was 16, which should not have happened as it was the height of summer and the magpie in question had already kicked it's fat baby out of home.

Rant: my cold was better yesterday. Today it is so much worse, and I really wanted to go to the fish auction tonight and sell some Endlers. Now, I'm spending the day in bed.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:46 PM   #16959 
Hadoken Kitty

Thought I'd beat this stupid fin rot on my copper male....cut the AQ salt down noticeably....came home and found a rotted piece of fin at the bottom of his tank. Almost peed my pants.
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 03:32 PM   #16960 
FishyFishy89

I just found out my mother has an overwhelming amount of debt. She owes an ex-boyfriend over $5,000, her brother $1,000, owes my sister atleast $1,000, is well behind on bills and has had atleast 3 rent check bounce.

She has gone to my sister and is asking to move in with my sister. Says she'll pay rent and make her debt her top priority so she can get an apartment of her own. But my sister has heard the same story from her too many times. Our mother has caused her so much anxiety, she is mentally unhealthy and growing up with her, we became mentally unhealthy. But both of us changed and developed healthy mental habits for the better.

I don't even live in my sister's home and I'm questioning what to do. Pray my mom lives up to her word and deal with the anxiety or not help her? If your mother was like this, could you do it? Acted like it was our fault she had a horrible life, our fault she is overweight, everyone else's fault for everything bad that's ever happened. Could you do that?
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou