Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-22-2013, 12:16 PM   #16971 
Shirleythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by koincidenskis View Post

From what I understand loans start 6 months after graduation, but when you enroll back into school then they stop until you graduate again. I would call an advisor just to be sure :)

Okay, Thank you so much.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:23 PM   #16972 
Xaltd1

I'm in debt to the tune of $40,000 to the IRS.
I have NO IDEA how I'm going to get out of this situation. I have a P/T job as a baby sitter+ alimony, but, at age 52, I don't see how it's possible, since my alimony runs out in 9 years and no one want to hire someone my age for more professional (i. e. higher-paying) jobs.
I'd go back to school to train for a new career, but how do I pay for that plus back taxes? Even the Community and State colleges are $800 per credit.
I'm in a plum perdicament!
Xaltd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 07:53 PM   #16973 
Elsewhere

I recently went on a once-in-a-lifetime trip to three different countries around the world. This sounds like I wouldn't need to rant, right? I mean, what other fourteen-year-old can say that, and that their parents paid and all they had to fund was food and souvenirs? I'd say one other, since the same thing happened to him. But I got back, and the schoolwork was just piled right up. I am up to my eyeballs in homework. I've asked for an extension on this work, as I have six different MAJOR MARKS projects to finish in one day (I slept all day today, my parents didn't want to wake me up). I probably sound spoiled and like an idiot, but I just want to sit and cry, because I can't do all of this work. I'm supposed to have partners, but since I was gone my partner sucks and won't do a thing. And that still leaves five other projects. I was only gone four days! The rest was over the March Break! I am sitting here, typing this, while colouring a map for English. Colouring. For English. I had to buy pencil crayons for this stupid thing.

Erg, sorry for being whiny. I just hate being unprepared so much. I mean, I saved up for this trip over the course of two and a half years. This is just on-the-spot do your work NOW stuff. Tomorrow is such a huge day and leaves me with only seven free hours to do homework, and that's if I space it out and stay up from 7am to 1am.
Elsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:15 PM   #16974 
FishyFishy89

Coloring, for ENGLISH!!?? What tard teacher has his or her students color a map for english?

My rant: does ANYONE qualify for these flippin surveys on Swag Bucks????

Last edited by dramaqueen; 03-23-2013 at 10:29 PM.
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:22 PM   #16975 
Xaltd1

It's not whining, it's venting.
The tough thing about school is that you aren't being paid do do this work: it's forced upon you by adults' made-up deadlines. I was always kind of "lazy" in school (but smart enough to cover my butt when up against a wall!) but when I got a high-pressure job at a design studio, I'd work around the clock b/c it meant overtime! I went freelance and literally worked 24 hours. I was amazed at what I could pull off ( the design work I was dooing was tough) when I had the motivation of cash!!!
This story doesn't help, it's just something I laugh about with 20/20 hindsight. (I burned out on the 24 hrs very quickly, and had to get a salaried job.) That said, I think it helps to understand that you have poor motivation to do the work- you just "have to" to please adults that you probably don't care about pleasing.
As for practical advice, ANYTHING can be negotiated- as long as you make a strong, unemotional case. If you point out the facts to teachers, you may be surprised. I once took an "Incomplete" as a grade with the understanding that I would complete the work over a weekend. My "permanent" record was changed so that my overall GPA wasn't affected. Good luck!!!
Old 03-23-2013, 09:39 PM   #16976 
Bombalurina

+1 - definitely try to talk to your teachers. You do get some that are quite clearly not of this planet, but most are ordinary humans and will understand. :)

Rant: the definition of pain really bothers me. The dictionary definition does not require an emotional component to pain: it is enough that there is a negative physical stimulus that promotes a negative physical reaction. However, because the medical definition requires an emotional response to that physical stimulus, and fish arguably do not have the brain capacity to emote, they can't feel pain.
By the same token, humans in a vegatative state, kept alive only by machines, cannot feel pain. We don't stick fish-hooks in their mouths and try and justify it on that basis.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 10:59 PM   #16977 
Xaltd1

Bomb, I totally agree w/ pain; and the same as love! If I say "I love your coffee table!" it's not the same "love" as I feel for my son, a partner, a sport... there are too many shades of both words. I think they're just convenient "placeholders" b/c language comes up short. What comes from trying to express the unexpressable is called art. I could do a drawing of your coffee table, and my breakup with my "soulmate" would make a great Country Western song.
Old 03-24-2013, 09:54 PM   #16978 
Bombalurina

Sigh. There I was, having made myself all purdy with my shiny new makeup, and out of the blue - period pain! No uni for you, Bomba. Stay at home and do your exciting Capital Gains Tax study instead. W00t w00t.

Still, at least it has gone down enough for me to get out of bed now.

Then, after a sleepless night last night due to D'Artangan needing to be first-aided again, he started choking today as well. I worry about what will happen if none of us are here to unblock his lungs one day. Still, he's back in for more nebulisation tomorrow.
Being charged the total at the end of the treatment course. I wish I could just pay at the end of each appointment.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:38 AM   #16979 
JBonez423

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaltd1 View Post
I'm in debt to the tune of $40,000 to the IRS.
I have NO IDEA how I'm going to get out of this situation. I have a P/T job as a baby sitter+ alimony, but, at age 52, I don't see how it's possible, since my alimony runs out in 9 years and no one want to hire someone my age for more professional (i. e. higher-paying) jobs.
I'd go back to school to train for a new career, but how do I pay for that plus back taxes? Even the Community and State colleges are $800 per credit.
I'm in a plum perdicament!
I would talk to a bankruptcy lawyer. My mum works for one, I don't really know all the specifics about it but if you need your debt forgiven and you absolutely can't pay it back, that's the best way to go. =/ As far as going back to school, trade schools are the way to go, especially with nursing, because it's in high demand. There are programs out there that might be able to help you pay for it,.

Overall, I'm sorry you have to go through this and hope it works out for you!

Last edited by JBonez423; 03-25-2013 at 08:45 AM.
JBonez423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 06:21 PM   #16980 
RoMay

I just got a text message they just lost our post at work. Not from our supervisor at all; nope. Our district manager came into day shift "Hey we lost the post, Sunday is the last day make sure to tell everyone". Of course he is not in office till the 29th and there has been no one to contact whether or not we are indeed jobless, or are going to be reposted. I go on vacation on the 11th already put money down on it. can't get a hold of a single person in office. They pick this time now to convently switch to an automated service that just lists names.

Now I am getting a sore throat and chest pains tums isn't working and I have no idea what to do.

You think they'd tell us so we could plan on filing out unemployment paperwork or you know wern't panicking. There's five of us at this post why couldn't they have called us up to deliver the news.

oh hell.
RoMay is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou