Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-23-2010, 07:26 PM   #1691 
Maryrox247

Rant: Well im really ticked right now... my parents said i could go to my friends house for a sleepover and what happens?!?!?!! I get a headache the becomes feeling weak, which became me puking....... so no sleepover for me.... but on the bright side im all better now no nausea or anything!

Another Rant: Rukia has fungus and i have zippo meds and cant get any right now.... i have salt though.....
Maryrox247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 07:41 PM   #1692 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm sorry your sleepover was ruined.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 07:59 PM   #1693 
gahcrazy

So i was telling my last Male betta today that he was swiming in circles in a green bowl inside of a larger bowl inside of a room inside of a arptment inside of a city inside of a state inside of a country on a planet in a galaxy in a universe and helooked really silly! Didn't seem to phase him! go figure
gahcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 10:54 AM   #1694 
Capricorn

So I have to take back the ghost shrimp in Nettle's tank.. I had been wondering why his tail looked ragged, and just now I caught the larger shrimp attacking him and hanging off of his fins. e.e
Capricorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 03:05 PM   #1695 
Moldau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capricorn View Post
So I have to take back the ghost shrimp in Nettle's tank.. I had been wondering why his tail looked ragged, and just now I caught the larger shrimp attacking him and hanging off of his fins. e.e
Yikes, I haven't heard of them doing that, but I don't really know anything about shrimp. It's good that you figured out what was going on!
Moldau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 03:06 PM   #1696 
Capricorn

It was really weird, I haven't ever had a problem... though this particular shrimp is very, very large, so I dunno. e.e
Old 11-24-2010, 03:15 PM   #1697 
JKfish

yeah, they can get a bit aggressive when they get larger. Do you make sure to feed your shrimps daily? Typically when they're well fed they're less likely to attack.

antirant/rant: we went to the Ga aquarium again after about a year or so, and it's changed a bit. I'm really happy, it was absolutely stunning, and it had more fish and animals. For the most part they were healthy and the exhibits were beautiful and big and full of entertaining things for the animals to do. Lol, and the african penguins were interacting with the people through the glass. The people would hold shiny things, and then the penguins would swim up to look and try to chase it :).
The only down side was that in the RiverScout, some of the exhibits of fish make up the ceiling, and in one of those, looking up, I could see huge parasites hanging off the fishs' gills and tails, which annoyed me. Parasites don't grow overnight to get that big, and they should have been noticed and taken care of by the keepers before it got that bad. I tried to find someone to tell, but of course they're all out of the way, behind the scenes, impossible to find >.>

Last edited by JKfish; 11-24-2010 at 03:20 PM.
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 03:17 PM   #1698 
Capricorn

Yeah, it can be tough to feed them because Nettle bullies them, though, so I'm thinking it'll be better if they get rehomed somewhere that has a more shrimp-friendly tank. I can see that they have food in their stomachs, but it must just not be enough for them.
Old 11-24-2010, 03:27 PM   #1699 
JKfish

Right. I had to train my bettas to avoid the turkey baster so I could do work and squirt food down for the shrimps to eat (when I had them) without my boys troubling me. Before I did that, they'd always attack the turkey baster, making sucking debris off the sand very difficult at times XD
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 06:20 PM   #1700 
CodeRed

Sooo... in order to protect myself from a virus I had to delete my user account on my computer. I lost all of my documents and pictures ): iTunes saved my music, but I'm still really bummed. I lost a lot of stories.
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou