Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-30-2013, 11:53 AM   #17011 
Xaltd1

Bomb, I'm so sorry, too. AND sorry for the gross-out factor. When you can just get their body out & put it in the garden quickly, it makes it easier. I lost my white girl, Flake, last week. The white ones' seem to catch all the colors...sooo pretty :0(
I've had a fish disappear, except not a betta: 1 cory and 1 LARGE Amno shrimp. The shrimp were in a .5 gal QT tank alone- if the others ate it, it certainly must have been within :30!
An interesting note: my name is Melissa. In high school, my best friend was named Andra. She died of a sudden illness in the October of our Senior year. I was considering naming my 1st baby (human baby) "Andra" but he was a boy. I never got around to having a girl.
Xaltd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 12:46 PM   #17012 
Hadoken Kitty

Thank you Bomba....also I'm really really sorry about your fish! First Melissandra and now Sansa is missing. I don't know what I'd do if one of my girls' tumors bursted in my hands. The only thing I can think that's even close is when my mom and I were holding my hamster while she was taking her last breaths....it was so sad...but sometimes I'll never forget about life.

The thing I don't understand about life, even now, if why animals...things that teach a person how to love....usually don't get to live as long as a human..who destroys so much.
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 06:59 PM   #17013 
Shirleythebetta

My mom in law doesn't trust me to hold my nephew guess I'm too stupid
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 07:28 PM   #17014 
Hadoken Kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirleythebetta View Post
My mom in law doesn't trust me to hold my nephew guess I'm too stupid
WHAT!? That doesn't make any sense. I'd be PISSED.
Old 03-30-2013, 07:34 PM   #17015 
Shirleythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken Kitty View Post
WHAT!? That doesn't make any sense. I'd be PISSED.
I am. She treats me and my husband like we don't matter because we didn't have a child to make her happy. Now we are the plague and apparently not good enough to hold him. She said it makes her nervous. It makes me mad. You don't have to be a parent to know how to handle a child much less hold one. I took care of thirty kids in my short life as young as one week old and as old as thirteen even potty training one completly for the mother. And lets not mention my school training in infant CPR and early childhood developtment, basic childcare and child enrichment. But I am not good enough to hold her grandson. I don't care any more I am so sick of trying to get approval from a bitter hag who will never change.
Old 03-30-2013, 07:45 PM   #17016 
Hadoken Kitty

Oh wow. See, she's just being bitter. Just like you said. I'm so sorry she's being iffy. What does mom think?
Old 03-30-2013, 07:50 PM   #17017 
Xaltd1

Monster-in-law: I had one, too.
It's one of the reasons I divorced my husband. "Ma" came before anything- she was a lying sack of you-know-what.
This isn't about you, it's about her controlling other people. Tell your Nephew's parents about her behavior! AND, even if you give birth to the next Messiah, you won't ever please someone like that. Spend as much time away from the toxic witch as possible. Always send cards & give gifts to your nephew so he knows his Aunt loves him.
Xaltd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 07:51 PM   #17018 
Hadoken Kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaltd1 View Post
It's one of the reasons I divorced my husband. "Ma" came before anything- she was a lying sack of you-know-what.
This isn't about you, it's about her controlling other people. Tell your Nephew's parents about her behavior! AND, even if you give birth to the next Messiah, you won't ever please someone like that. Spend as much time away from the toxic witch as possible. Always send cards & give gifts to your nephew so he knows his Aunt loves him.
Yes yes and YES.
Old 03-30-2013, 08:23 PM   #17019 
Shirleythebetta

That's the problem. This whole thing started because she asked me and my husband to give her a grandchild before we were even married. She got mad at me and told my husband to break up with me because he was getting to old and needed to have kids now with a woman who was ready. He was only 27. When he told her off about it and said he agreed with me she wrote us both off and started working on her daughter.

Her daughter is afraid of her mother so she went through two years of fertility drugs to have this baby for her mother. She plainly stated she wanted to make her mom happy and give her a grandchild. She does everything her mother says, even brushes this childs hair the way her mom wants, dresses him in the clothes she wants... She would stop us from seeing him if her mom said so. That whole family lies all the time. My husband doesn't even deal with them anymore because you can't believe them. The father of this child is a neutered dope.

It was just hurtful for her to feel nervous about me holding him. He is my nephew and I love him. I would die defending his life just as I would my own blood niece. She is impossible. I think it is sad to hate your son because he wouldn't have a baby on demand. It is wrong to dislike me forever for that to. I want a high ranking college degree and I don't want the complications of a child right now. Besides. In my family we can have kids up til our mid forties.
Old 03-30-2013, 08:26 PM   #17020 
Shirleythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaltd1 View Post

I completly agree. She is so controlling. This is why she doesn't associate with my husband much. She stopped controlling him when I came in the picture because I refused to marry a mama's boy. I married one the first time and that was a mistake.

His mom hates me because I made him grow up and she didn't have control of his life anymore like she does her daughter and her daughters husband and now this baby.

Tags
bettathanyou