Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-05-2013, 11:39 AM   #17081 
pittipuppylove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirleythebetta View Post
See now that can feel dangerous too. I hate being alone in my house with strange men.
+1 - Only reason I ever let repair/maintenance/etc. people into the house while I'm alone is because we have three large dogs. Don't get me wrong, they love everybody once they've been properly introduced, but it would be very unwise to come at anyone in my family in a threatening manner while the dogs are around.
pittipuppylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 12:24 PM   #17082 
thekinetic

Quote:
See now that can feel dangerous too. I hate being alone in my house with strange men.
I like that and if I feel uncomfortable I just hit on them, then they feel uncomfortable! X3 No but really it's why I have pistols around that are loaded. Better to have them and not need them then the other way around.
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 12:57 PM   #17083 
ThePearlFish

I put lotion on my face and now my eyes and nose are running >.> My face was sooo dry though... I guess from now on I'll just have to live with dry skin or something..
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:34 PM   #17084 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittipuppylove View Post
+1 - Only reason I ever let repair/maintenance/etc. people into the house while I'm alone is because we have three large dogs. Don't get me wrong, they love everybody once they've been properly introduced, but it would be very unwise to come at anyone in my family in a threatening manner while the dogs are around.
Ditto, when I had my doberman he would be watching the guys for me. Always giving them this evil look that said "Don't touch anything you're not supposed to touch. Cause your butt looks tasty"
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 02:50 PM   #17085 
thekinetic

My rant today: .270 + 30-06 + 30-30 = my shoulder freaking hurts! :( Plus some annoyed people at the gun range that weren't used to guns that big and loud. I really should laugh at that but it's soo funny!X3
Old 04-05-2013, 03:14 PM   #17086 
Shirleythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekinetic View Post
My rant today: .270 + 30-06 + 30-30 = my shoulder freaking hurts! :( Plus some annoyed people at the gun range that weren't used to guns that big and loud. I really should laugh at that but it's soo funny!X3
My husband has a gun he used to love shooting at the dirt hills in my grandpa's old yard. It made my grandpa laugh because it would make my mother jump and dirt rain on the roof of the garage. I think it was a 7.62? sound right? I'm still learning terminology.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 03:38 PM   #17087 
thekinetic

Quote:
My husband has a gun he used to love shooting at the dirt hills in my grandpa's old yard. It made my grandpa laugh because it would make my mother jump and dirt rain on the roof of the garage. I think it was a 7.62? sound right? I'm still learning terminology.
Yeah, it's more common in AK-47s but they do make hunting rifles in .308 which is the same thing.
Old 04-05-2013, 04:29 PM   #17088 
Bombalurina

My mum came rushing into my room an hour before I wanted to get up because she thought my shift started at 9:30, not 11:30, and didn't think I would make it in time. Whilst I appreciate the sentiment, I'd also have really appreciated the sleep.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 05:48 PM   #17089 
Bombalurina

YAY! My supervisor told me not to come and spread my diseasy germs all over the customer. Now I can wrap myself in a blanket, drink tea and decorate the pond.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:46 PM   #17090 
pittipuppylove

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekinetic View Post
Oh, the irony

If it's too loud, they need better ear protection... Always be prepared to deal with the most powerful firearm the range is set up to handle.

Have you ever looked into those foam blocks they make to help with the kick? I've never used them since I've never used a larger rifle, but they look like they may come in handy.
pittipuppylove is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou