Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-12-2013, 02:12 PM   #17141 
Xaltd1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freyja View Post
Scary that last comment. Yes it is a very good thing you don't own a gun, especially with that attitude and temper.
I don't understand why you're shocked. People who insult me and my family make me mad. I have had a few 'melt downs' in my life, but only when someone is up in my face swearing or calling me horrible names. I'm smart enough to NEVER have firearms available to anyone in my home. All of us think "I would never hurt anyone" & I don't believe I would, either, but we never know!!!! I am very anti-gun b/c the minute you think it, someone could be dead. And what if someone stole it & committed a murder? Good lord, the person who was responsible for Sandy Hook was given a gun by his mother!!! How sick!!!
I have a realistic attitude toward life & understand that my best weapon are my carefully placed words, and to contact the authorities when someone is breaking the law.
Last year, a woman in my neighborhood started screaming at me b/c I was somehow responsible for a dent in her car. I never hit her car, and her only evidence was that I was parked near her once, that the dent was higher up (I have a truck) & someone "thought they saw me do it". This woman was crazy out of control, calling me every name in the book. I offered her my license & insurance info. She wouldn't leave me alone and actually FOLLOWED ME INTO MY APT yelling at me. I then turned around and ask her to please call the police or I would. I said if she truly believed that I hit her car, to tell the police & give them "her evidence". Boy, that shut down the scene quickly!
My attitude is fine, but there are rude nut cases out there who will stomp all over you. You HAVE to stand up for yourself.
Xaltd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:38 PM   #17142 
Freyja
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaltd1 View Post
I don't understand why you're shocked. People who insult me and my family make me mad. I have had a few 'melt downs' in my life, but only when someone is up in my face swearing or calling me horrible names. I'm smart enough to NEVER have firearms available to anyone in my home. All of us think "I would never hurt anyone" & I don't believe I would, either, but we never know!!!! I am very anti-gun b/c the minute you think it, someone could be dead. And what if someone stole it & committed a murder? Good lord, the person who was responsible for Sandy Hook was given a gun by his mother!!! How sick!!!
I have a realistic attitude toward life & understand that my best weapon are my carefully placed words, and to contact the authorities when someone is breaking the law.
Last year, a woman in my neighborhood started screaming at me b/c I was somehow responsible for a dent in her car. I never hit her car, and her only evidence was that I was parked near her once, that the dent was higher up (I have a truck) & someone "thought they saw me do it". This woman was crazy out of control, calling me every name in the book. I offered her my license & insurance info. She wouldn't leave me alone and actually FOLLOWED ME INTO MY APT yelling at me. I then turned around and ask her to please call the police or I would. I said if she truly believed that I hit her car, to tell the police & give them "her evidence". Boy, that shut down the scene quickly!
My attitude is fine, but there are rude nut cases out there who will stomp all over you. You HAVE to stand up for yourself.
I'd find it sick if his mother gave him a gun and told him to go shoot up the school but since that wasn't the case...he was sick.

I'm all for standing up for yourself and standing firm. What scares me is that you would make that comment in such a blasse way so it's a good thing your only weapon is your mouth. Much easier to defend against and you won't actually physically hurt anyone.
Freyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:46 PM   #17143 
Xaltd1

I'm from the Boston area. I have been told by people who live in other states that I'm "a little rough around the edges". True that! We are so blunt around here that I forget it doesn't translate well in print.

I will stand firm on not giving your kid a gun!!! If my son was killed by a firearm I gave him (or accidentally killed someone else) I would not be able to live. Telling him "don't go killing anyone!" does not suffice.
Old 04-12-2013, 03:02 PM   #17144 
Freyja
Banned

Yeh being "rough around the edges" and "blunt" doesn't have much to do with geography but more with upbringing, regardless of where you live. What gets me is the unmentioned continuation of the comment..."it's a good thing I don't have a gun, that's for sure or that person would be..." It gives scaremongers more fuel for their ridiculous sweeping legislations that won't solve the problem. It's also a good thing you don't give your kid a gun just like that as that would be irresponsible. The responsible thing would be to teach your child about gun safety, take him to courses on gun safety and proper handling, etc..

Last edited by Freyja; 04-12-2013 at 03:04 PM.
Old 04-12-2013, 03:24 PM   #17145 
Xaltd1

There is no such thing as "gun safety".
I REFUSE to get into it with a gun advocate.
I didn't say I was going to shoot anyone. What I want everyone to know is:
A. We ALL have a breaking point, and none of us knows what that point is.
B. I would be arrested if I bought 3 boxes of Sudafed, but I can get as many bullets, high-capacity clips, & assault rifles w/ no problem? Gun control will be effective if we TRY.
Remark at my upbringing taken. It reflects more on you than I.
Old 04-12-2013, 03:28 PM   #17146 
Freyja
Banned

Actually it doesn't since I was not rude at all. I was quite polite actually, which is how I was brought up. Also it's "me", not "I".
Old 04-12-2013, 03:49 PM   #17147 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

And that's enough on that topic.
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 03:56 PM   #17148 
Romad
TFK Moderator

Oh for crying out loud do we have to ban discussions of gun control now? Keep it civil people!!

It's a very touchy subject that people are vehemently opposed on but you still don't get to bash members for their opinions here or question their upbringing! Just be respectful of each other no matter what your stance is on the issue.

Thanks
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:08 PM   #17149 
dramaqueen
Banned

I think we all have said stuff like "oh, I could just kill whoever for what they did/said". It doesn't mean that they actually are going to kill someone. It's just words, a saying or whatever. I can't think of what I',\m trying to say. lol It's just an expression. That's what I wanted to say.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:39 PM   #17150 
Romad
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
I think we all have said stuff like "oh, I could just kill whoever for what they did/said". It doesn't mean that they actually are going to kill someone. It's just words, a saying or whatever. I can't think of what I',\m trying to say. lol It's just an expression. That's what I wanted to say.

Exactly right DQ!
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote