Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-12-2013, 05:56 PM   #17151 
Xaltd1

All I meant to say is that I cannot be responsible for what I do to someone running a leafblower under my window @ 5AM!!!!! I was kidding. I appologize for my wording.
Xaltd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:01 PM   #17152 
dramaqueen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaltd1 View Post
All I meant to say is that I cannot be responsible for what I do to someone running a leafblower under my window @ 5AM!!!!! I was kidding. I appologize for my wording.
No worries. Some of us understand.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:05 PM   #17153 
Shirleythebetta

Well my sister-in-law is now being punished for not listening to her family about having babies before you are ready. Just like I thought she caught her husband cheating with two women and now they are seperated. I won't say I told you so.... to her face... that would be mean right?

At least she signed up for college. She saw me complete my degree and decided to go now. I just hope she stays with it.

Last edited by Shirleythebetta; 04-12-2013 at 08:10 PM.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:14 PM   #17154 
Hadoken Kitty

So I just got hit with the real life situation that I cannot afford to work at the job that I love any more...and that I need to find a new job within the next month if I even plan to move out with my boyfriend....this sucks. I was hoping to finish off the school year with the kids. I really want to cry. :(
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 12:25 AM   #17155 
JadeAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaltd1 View Post
I'm from the Boston area. I have been told by people who live in other states that I'm "a little rough around the edges". True that! We are so blunt around here that I forget it doesn't translate well in print.

I will stand firm on not giving your kid a gun!!! If my son was killed by a firearm I gave him (or accidentally killed someone else) I would not be able to live. Telling him "don't go killing anyone!" does not suffice.
Maybe you are in other situations, but (and this is coming for a girl who's biggest pet peeve is being rude or offensive!) I think most people make empty 3rd party threats in frustration when they feel they are in the confidence of a friend or trusted party.

We do actually have a gun. My daughter wouldn't be able to find it if she tore the house apart. And I've been pushed beyond psychological breaking limits many times in my life, so I have no worries about that. The only one who has anything to worry about with me, is any body who dares try to hurt my family, because a cop can take many minutes to get here, but it takes less than 1 second for the bad guy to pull the trigger. I've been robbed at gunpoint, and my husband, having spend his life in latin america, has been robbed at gunpoint and knife some 10 times in 30 years. Not once was a policeman there to stop the crime in progress. They just stop by after to ask the details and tell you "you're lucky to be alive".

But yeah, a lot of people aren't stable, so i can see your point

Though, I could use some of your boldness with confrontation.
I am very awkward in social situations... and find confrontation to be very very difficult for me, which is why I was so upset by the petco situation yesterday. I really suck at dealing with rude people, and they really really get to me.

My mother accidentally bumped a lady in the supermarket on her hip with her cart (literally, she was turning the cart around and a woman was walking backwards, so it was a very light bump) and the lady starts flipping out on my mother screaming that she's pregnant (wasn't showing) and my mom's a murderer and so forth. She was going full out crazy. Even when my mom politely and sincerely apologized, she just was going berzerk. She thought she'd be smart too and started flipping in spanish I speak spanish. Which actually is what ended that ordeal, I told her off in spanish and told her if she was going to be so secretly threatening, try using a less common language. She shut up at that and left

Last edited by JadeAngel; 04-13-2013 at 12:28 AM.
JadeAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 01:54 AM   #17156 
Bombalurina

Graduate applications. Tedium.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 02:09 AM   #17157 
GoodMorning

aww HK, cheerup. :)
GoodMorning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:19 AM   #17158 
Romad
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeAngel View Post
Maybe you are in other situations, but (and this is coming for a girl who's biggest pet peeve is being rude or offensive!) I think most people make empty 3rd party threats in frustration when they feel they are in the confidence of a friend or trusted party.

We do actually have a gun. My daughter wouldn't be able to find it if she tore the house apart. And I've been pushed beyond psychological breaking limits many times in my life, so I have no worries about that. The only one who has anything to worry about with me, is any body who dares try to hurt my family, because a cop can take many minutes to get here, but it takes less than 1 second for the bad guy to pull the trigger. I've been robbed at gunpoint, and my husband, having spend his life in latin america, has been robbed at gunpoint and knife some 10 times in 30 years. Not once was a policeman there to stop the crime in progress. They just stop by after to ask the details and tell you "you're lucky to be alive".

But yeah, a lot of people aren't stable, so i can see your point

Though, I could use some of your boldness with confrontation.
I am very awkward in social situations... and find confrontation to be very very difficult for me, which is why I was so upset by the petco situation yesterday. I really suck at dealing with rude people, and they really really get to me.

My mother accidentally bumped a lady in the supermarket on her hip with her cart (literally, she was turning the cart around and a woman was walking backwards, so it was a very light bump) and the lady starts flipping out on my mother screaming that she's pregnant (wasn't showing) and my mom's a murderer and so forth. She was going full out crazy. Even when my mom politely and sincerely apologized, she just was going berzerk. She thought she'd be smart too and started flipping in spanish I speak spanish. Which actually is what ended that ordeal, I told her off in spanish and told her if she was going to be so secretly threatening, try using a less common language. She shut up at that and left
I feel bad for the baby to be. Can you imagine having her for a mom? Ugh! I hope your mom wasn't too upset by it.
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 12:06 PM   #17159 
royal

Lol, and if the baby has any problems the lady will be like ”there was this lady who bumped into me when I was 3 months! I blame it on her!”. People like that annoy me quite a bit.
royal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 01:30 PM   #17160 
Xaltd1

I used to be shy; bullied in school & got treated worse than a doormat. After I had a son, I wanted to set an example & started standing up for myself. I never wanted him to regret not standing up to a bully, so I got him into Karate. I told him to NEVER start a fight, but don't ever be a victim! That's no way to live. I took Thai kickboxing while going through my divorce. Martial art training is as much about avoiding conflict as anything. It's not about beating someone up, but getting out of a situation if you're being attacked. It works on both levels; physical & emotional. Everyone who hears I took the training says "oh, I'll be careful not to make YOU mad!" I find that very offensive.
Xaltd1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou