Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-13-2013, 03:37 PM   #17161 
JadeAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romad View Post
I feel bad for the baby to be. Can you imagine having her for a mom? Ugh! I hope your mom wasn't too upset by it.
Mom was agitated but trying to just avoid her. She apologized a few times, and when the lady kept making a big deal screaming and cussing, she calmly told her "look, I've apologized, but it was just a little bump. You have got to stop making such a drama"

Mom had was walking over to another isle when the lady started flipping out in spanish, but I was still next to her. I'm as irish looking as one can get, so I don't look like I would speak spanish. I was intially really annoyed at her for the childish tantrum, but her reaction when I told her off in neary impeccable spanish was just too funny.
JadeAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 03:41 PM   #17162 
JadeAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaltd1 View Post
I used to be shy; bullied in school & got treated worse than a doormat. After I had a son, I wanted to set an example & started standing up for myself. I never wanted him to regret not standing up to a bully, so I got him into Karate. I told him to NEVER start a fight, but don't ever be a victim! That's no way to live. I took Thai kickboxing while going through my divorce. Martial art training is as much about avoiding conflict as anything. It's not about beating someone up, but getting out of a situation if you're being attacked. It works on both levels; physical & emotional. Everyone who hears I took the training says "oh, I'll be careful not to make YOU mad!" I find that very offensive.
I was also really bullied in school, so even though I have always been talkitive, I've also been really anti-social and awkward in stressing situations. I am more confident now (no choice when as an blonde who moves to a latino country, I kinda stuck out... a lot) and I will put my foot down, but it still takes crossing the line for me to get really stern. If there's one thing I would change about myself, it's my ability to deal with rude or agressive people I did tell my husband that I want to put my daughter in martial arts for that exact reason though
Old 04-13-2013, 04:48 PM   #17163 
Xaltd1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeAngel View Post
I was also really bullied in school, so even though I have always been talkitive, I've also been really anti-social and awkward in stressing situations. I am more confident now (no choice when as an blonde who moves to a latino country, I kinda stuck out... a lot) and I will put my foot down, but it still takes crossing the line for me to get really stern. If there's one thing I would change about myself, it's my ability to deal with rude or agressive people I did tell my husband that I want to put my daughter in martial arts for that exact reason though
It makes me sick to see those videos of girls beating up other girls!!! Stupid, mindess pack-mentality stupidity!!! If I were in charge of a school district, I would insist that the PE deptartment start teaching kids (early) how to respect the human body; how to set boundaries & how to defend themselves. "Snitching" on bullies always winds up w/ the bullied kid in worse trouble, & we've seen suicides b/c of this. I know that this type of education in Gym class would have been very beneficial to me: certainly better than trying (& failing & getting laughed at) to climb a rope!!!!
Xaltd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 04:56 PM   #17164 
Xaltd1

I'm on a roll, here..
I think our society places emphasis on girls to be "sweet" and "nice", act like a lady, be Barbie and the little Disney Princesses... so we feel guilty when we're bullied (by kids, parents, molesters, boyfriends, husbands). Women (yes, I am one btw) need to learn to scream bloody murder (literally and figuratively) when someone crosses into our personal space w/o our permission, or tries to take advantage of us. Funny, when men stand up for themselves, they're "real men" but if a woman speaks up she's a b^*#@ or worse.
Xaltd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 06:59 PM   #17165 
royal

I totally agree!
royal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 07:45 PM   #17166 
JadeAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaltd1 View Post
I'm on a roll, here..
I think our society places emphasis on girls to be "sweet" and "nice", act like a lady, be Barbie and the little Disney Princesses... so we feel guilty when we're bullied (by kids, parents, molesters, boyfriends, husbands). Women (yes, I am one btw) need to learn to scream bloody murder (literally and figuratively) when someone crosses into our personal space w/o our permission, or tries to take advantage of us. Funny, when men stand up for themselves, they're "real men" but if a woman speaks up she's a b^*#@ or worse.
implimenting something in school that would help our children? I'm not sure if the govenment unerstands that concept

But it would be sooo wonderful if teachers stepped up and acted like the authority figures they are to stop bullying when they see it. My daughter will start school in a little over a year. I hope I send her prepared enough to stand up for herself, and what's right.
Old 04-13-2013, 08:18 PM   #17167 
royal

Here in Canada, the teachers stop bullying, but when kids swear they turn a blind eye. What? They are both against school rules, are they not?
royal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 09:55 PM   #17168 
Shirleythebetta

I don't know. As someone who was bullied as a little girl (12) for looking different, I hold no anger toward those kids. I look back on it and feel sorry for them. I think of the fact that they don't have parents that taught them any better. There is always an underlying issue in bully's. Bullying is not okay of course but we must remember when talking about kids that bully is they are usually acting out because of an issue at home.

Anyways, the ultimate payback happened a year later when I grew out of my geeky stage and turned into a knock out and started a modeling career. I am fat now but those kids didn't recognize me for all the right reasons back then xD

No rants from me for once. except maybe that my single sister in law now expects my husband to clean out her storage unit for her because she dumped her husband. But eh, it's his back.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 10:12 PM   #17169 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

One teacher I have doesn't do anything to stop bullying, she is a bully herself. How she got a job, I don't know.
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 01:04 AM   #17170 
Shirleythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattsBettas View Post
One teacher I have doesn't do anything to stop bullying, she is a bully herself. How she got a job, I don't know.
How old are you Matt? I always pictured you as older for some reason. I can tell you I know more than enough adults that view kids as inferior, that could be the problem. Some teachers in general act as though they are above the student.

I however have no problem learning from children and I am a University student who plans to teach when my education is through. Heck my niece taught me how to put a new bottle in my hand sanitizer key chain because I couldn't figure it out. She was ten. *shrugs shoulders*
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou