Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-14-2013, 10:27 AM   #17171 
dramaqueen
Banned

I was bullied in school, too but never told anyone because I was too scared and afraid I'd get in trouble. One time a couple of boys were throwing spitwads and paper airplanes at me and when I told the teacher he tells me he never saw them do it and I told him they did it when his back was turned.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 08:07 PM   #17172 
Shirleythebetta

Boys were the worst to me. I was bullied by boys who made fun of me for looking like a boy. They picked on me pretty bad. I remember one time my friend (a boy) got into a fight with Junior boys because they got me in the middle of a circle and pushed me back and forth.

I had another girl that used to pull on my clothes on the bus. but she stopped when I ignored her. What was ironic is when I started getting a figure and dressing like a girl the boys hit on me instead of making fun of me then the girls started in. So I got bullied "pretty" and when I was "ugly". Doesn't matter either way. For any kids on here who think that pretty girls don't get judged and teased, I promise you they get it to. They just hide it more.

My rant today is another ear infection. This makes three this year and it's only April.

Last edited by Shirleythebetta; 04-14-2013 at 08:11 PM.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:21 PM   #17173 
JadeAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirleythebetta View Post
Boys were the worst to me. I was bullied by boys who made fun of me for looking like a boy. They picked on me pretty bad. I remember one time my friend (a boy) got into a fight with Junior boys because they got me in the middle of a circle and pushed me back and forth.

I had another girl that used to pull on my clothes on the bus. but she stopped when I ignored her. What was ironic is when I started getting a figure and dressing like a girl the boys hit on me instead of making fun of me then the girls started in. So I got bullied "pretty" and when I was "ugly". Doesn't matter either way. For any kids on here who think that pretty girls don't get judged and teased, I promise you they get it to. They just hide it more.

My rant today is another ear infection. This makes three this year and it's only April.
You hit the nail on the head. The boys are just awful. I was really made fun of in school for being thin and not well endowed. The boys were always teasing me, calling me ironing board or plank etc. Funniest story... when I was in the 6th grade things were hardest for me. Both at home and at school. I just broke down one day and went to math class crying. A group of boys from that class came up to me, felt bad I was crying, and said "tell us who made you cry and we'll kick their ... butts" (changing the last for a more friendly audience). HA! funny thing is those boys were always the meanest and the biggest reason I was crying!!!

The girls also made a lot of fun of me because I had no figure. I never thought much of myself when I was younger because of it. But looking back through adult eyes, I was never unattractive. I may not have been large chested, but being picked on wasn't due to looks. I'd have to say more because of my personality One thing that I am PROUD they teased me for. I was teased for being a goody two shoes. I never smoked, never drank, never partied, never did drugs. Apparently, that's a bad thing????? my friend used to pick me up from the bus stop on her horse (when she skipped school, she was as rebellious a redneck as they come). I listened to country music, spent my spare time in the hay loft of the horse barn blasting toby keith, and was obsessed with anime, egyptology and languages. I never wore make up (still don't) and never gave a darn about fashion.

You can be attractive or unattractive, thick or thin, curly haired or straight, blonde or brunette... if you don't fall in line with your peers image of a popular person, you will be picked on. It also didn't help that my brother was 1 grade above me, had ADHD, and was a total dork, lol (he's also a bit of a jerk, hence I don't talk to him anymore). Though.... one day he had enough with the guy behind him on the bus poking him with a pencil, and he turned around and punched........ wait for it........ the wrong guy though he says that guy was just as much of a jerk, but just wasn't the one who was poking him in that moment. Oh boy! And another time we were at a dance (one of only 2 dances I ever went to. Didn't go to prom) and my friend pinned a guy up against the wall who was about to start teasing me. It was priceless, as she's a very short girl but that "don't mess with me" type.
JadeAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:29 PM   #17174 
JadeAngel

On another note... does anyone want to give me some spare body parts!?

After spending all day saturday cleanning and rearranging, refilling, etc, my 4 five gallon tanks...

I spent ALL day yesterday reflooring the kitchen. Well... we're staying in mom's rental house, and she got new flooring for sale. Oh, you get what you pay for! It was VERY thin linoleum lined with foam. After a head ache of cutting and getting around awkward counters that my mom's ex not-so-intelligently hardwired into the wall.... we pasted the flooring down and....... TOO MUCH PASTE! Oh gosh -.-

We spent the next several hours flatening it out and squeezing excess glue out via putting our weight on heavy buckets and pushing over and over and over again over the floor. Today I wanted to put the fridge back in.

I set up boards, fought with the doorway, took off the doors to the fridge, and finally got it into the kitchen again. (I'm doing this alone by the way, my husband helped a bit, but I get frustrated at him when he misunderstands my english... so I find it more stress free to do it alone).

I get it almost into place, and just have to nudge it 1/2 of an inch to make room to put the counter back in.... RIP! Tear goes the linoleum. And the screaming and swearing starts. I was so angry! I glued the patch back down, and you can't tell I made it to begin with... but still... WHY is it that easy to rip!? Then I find a bubble in the linoleum. OH GREAT! Well... it's NOT a bubble between the linoleum and the wood.... it actually decided to separate itself from the foam itself. Oh fun. I fixed part of it via slicing a piece open and putting paste in, but part of the bubble refuses to go down, and mom doesn't want me to make any more incisions. GRRRRR.

Well... all in all it looks good... BUT I still have to get the stove and 1 dettached piece of counter back in... and I really worry about more rips. I am in so much unbelievable pain, how am I going to even move those things, none the less do it in a way that doesn't rip more linoleum!? Oh fun... and I still have to plaster parts of the walls, sand it (and need new sanding paper, because what we have is 240 grain and too fine) and decide on new colors for the kitchen. The paint is very patchy right now, so it really has to be redone.

Then the next fun project, my daughter's room still needs to be finished. Still.. I can't get over how fragile that linoleum is!
JadeAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:29 PM   #17175 
dramaqueen
Banned

I got made fun of because of my vision problems and looking "different".
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:15 PM   #17176 
Shirleythebetta

I'm sad today. It might be stupid why but I'm sad anyway. My mom has been offering to pay for things left and right for my graduation and I was supposed to get my hair and nails done for the ceremony. She told me it coated to much so she bought me the cheap nails that you can't get wet or they fall off. It opened up new wounds because I remember just last year her and my sister had their own nail spa day and it wasn't too much then.

And when my sister in law got married I was supposed to get my nails done with her and her mom since I was maid of honor. I got up and ready that morning and they never called like they were supposed to. They left me behind. I don't invite myself. These people make plans with me and break them. They forget I have a heart or just don't care. This is why I have no friends. All they do is stab me in the back.

I guess Im Getting a spa day all alone.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:19 PM   #17177 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
I got made fun of because of my vision problems and looking "different".
Oh very mature. I can't believe people are still making fun of people for looking different. *sigh*
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:11 PM   #17178 
royal

I know huh, I wish that the 21st century could be different from all the rest, with more than technology!
royal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:21 PM   #17179 
alwaysaBettaLover

I just got my day and possibly my whole week ruined.... my orchestra teacher said we had to sign up for this work thing, and she hardly mentioned it so today, in class she said I didn't sign up, and automatically signed me up for Saturday from 7-10 IN THE MORNING!!! Oh man.... if it takes an hour to get ready, and an hour to get there, I have to get up at 5.... I get up at 6:15 already...and thats only on week days... oh man I'm so mad. Plus, we only have what, like 7 people in our class so she could've signed me up for something I don't know, later? Ugh. I know I shouldn't get so worked up about it, but now I have to take time out of MY weekend to do some stupid thing.... I also have never been bullied, but I know of two people who are, and one of them is a little well, "special" and the other has Been bullied since pre-k. It's ridicules because whenever they need something they act all nice like they have always been all nice, and the saddest part is, that Enga -that's her name- always gives them what they want without complaining, or saying no. And even though they pick on her because she has a temper, think about it, wouldn't you be mad at seeing the people who have been picking on you for all your life too?
alwaysaBettaLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:10 PM   #17180 
FishyFishy89

ugh, why does my husband insist on turning the TV volume up loudly? I am deaf in my right ear! And I can hear the TV perfectly at about 10 points less than what he turns it to -.-
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou