Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-10-2013, 01:04 PM   #17251 
Shirleythebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowySurface View Post
I think the baby you bring home with you is the receipt.

Any one who believes that has never read The Book of Job. It's an entire section of the Old Testiment that exists to say, "Bad stuff does happens to good people for reasons humans will never understand." It always rubs me the wrong way when someone jumps to the conclusion that if bad things are happening someone sinned somewhere and didn't say sorry.

I too, do not feel like starting a religious debate. But it bugs me when people say stuff like that. I'm not even going to get started on the people who say, "God hates <insert group the speaker hates here>," as if they have God himself on speed dial.

Anyways...

Rant: Smokey...

Turns out he likes to guard the algae pellet I drop in the tank for my snails even though he doesn't like to eat it. I've seen him try, but then he spits out the piece he bit off and hugs the pellet with his body. It's like he thinks no one should be able to eat the algae waffer if he can't. Now I have to get something to isolate him in so the snails can eat without having to push Smokey out of the way.

Anti-rant: It is kind of cool that my snails join forces to re-claim their food.
Exactly, Job is a good example as to why that statement was not a very religiously smart one. I to don't like when people try to speak for God or assume things. If you ever want to chat about it PM me.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 02:38 PM   #17252 
Freyja
Banned

Quote:
I think the baby you bring home with you is the receipt.
It's the sister who has it actually so unless the sister gave birth to the brother...that would be weird
Freyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 02:57 PM   #17253 
LittleBettaFish

Cat just spewed up its entire breakfast on my carpet. Three separate piles of vomit.

I think when we finally get new carpet this year the cats will be cordoned off into a room and only let out for pats. I just have this fear they are going to wreck it in about a week and I might cry if they do. I am sick of carpet with cat vomit, cat pee, holes on the edges of the stairs and big marks where someone (mum) didn't put feet under the pots.

I just want to be able to have carpet that I do not want to set on fire every time I see it.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 03:43 PM   #17254 
FishyFishy89

If we replace the carpet, I'll be either tile or hardwood. Carpet harbors so much dirt too.

My rant: It's ewy humid. I couldn't even train Emma for 5 mins without breaking out a sweat. It's so humid that it's the sticky kinda humid.
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 03:50 PM   #17255 
LittleBettaFish

We have about a thousand sets of stairs in our house so tiles or wood would be difficult. Plus we can't get wood because the dogs are allowed in so they would probably scratch it or slide all over it.

Spew cat is now sleeping in my arms blocking access to my computer. I think she is just stressed out because I locked her and the other two in my mum's room and had the dogs up in my room because I was home alone last night.
Old 05-12-2013, 09:25 PM   #17256 
dramaqueen
Banned

It's amazing to me how someone can be off work for a week supposedly sick and after having surgery for melanoma but is able to go out to eat and attend graduations and graduation parties.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 02:08 PM   #17257 
SnowySurface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freyja View Post
It's the sister who has it actually so unless the sister gave birth to the brother...that would be weird
The sister has it now, but I assume the doctor (or whoever hands out the birth certificates) gave it to the mother at the time of the birth. So I'm saying the mother's reciept for the birth certificate is the baby she brought home with her.

I didn't think that joke would get so much attention. The next time I'm being funny I need to have five following the sentence.
SnowySurface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 02:18 PM   #17258 
thekinetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettaFish View Post
We have about a thousand sets of stairs in our house so tiles or wood would be difficult. Plus we can't get wood because the dogs are allowed in so they would probably scratch it or slide all over it.
Not really that hard, risers and treads are actually some of the easier parts to putting down wood flooring. It's using the flooring nailer and crawling around putting the floor itself down that's pain.

As for the dogs, I wouldn't worry my uncle has a dog and cats and wood floors and they don't scratch it. Though he does keep the dog's nails trimmed.
thekinetic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 02:23 PM   #17259 
LittleBettaFish

I don't think it's worth it here. My brother and dad just said go with carpet as we want to move in a couple of years. We are only renovating now as the only people who would purchase our house in its current condition would be a demolition team.

It's annoying as I always see people with nice houses who keep them looking like a pigsty and my house is old and kind of crap but I keep it extremely clean. I would do anything for a fully finished house that doesn't look like its parts came from the budget section of Bunnings.
Old 05-13-2013, 03:33 PM   #17260 
Freyja
Banned

Quote:
The sister has it now, but I assume the doctor (or whoever hands out the birth certificates) gave it to the mother at the time of the birth. So I'm saying the mother's reciept for the birth certificate is the baby she brought home with her.

I didn't think that joke would get so much attention. The next time I'm being funny I need to have five following the sentence.
Yes but the receipt comment was meant for the sister, who now has the BC, and may have acquired it from the mother or from BVS, in which case I would ask for a receipt or evidence that she acquired. So...
Freyja is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou