Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-25-2013, 09:11 PM   #17311 
Xaltd1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
OMG! Lmao! I knew a girl when I was in college whose roommates kept drinking her milk when she was gone on weekends. She solved that problem by putting milk of magnesia in the milk. Lol
I don't know if I'd do THAT (lawsuit!), but my friend used her problem roomate's toothbrush to clean the toilet & put it back...

Before you leave the house, buy some sardines & dump 'em behind the fridge.
Xaltd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 10:16 PM   #17312 
dramaqueen
Banned

You're just full of ideas, aren't you? Lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 11:18 PM   #17313 
TheCrabbyTabby

Ah. Prank someone who is getting on you're nerves. Classic.
TheCrabbyTabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 06:46 PM   #17314 
FishyFishy89

UGH!
Utter Bull Carp! My mother in law was preaching to me how I shouldn't be doing something she doesn't like to my dog. This is MY dog! I do what I want with MY dog. I don't tell YOU that you shouldn't be giving your dog weight bearing bones. Bones that which your dog could be busting her teeth on! I don't tell you that you shouldn't be giving your dog the ****ty kibble you're giving her. I keep my mouth shut, I expect you to give me the same respect. My dog is well trained and WAY well mannered than your obese hound dog. Hhhmmmm.....I wonder who's doing right by their dog.
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 09:59 PM   #17315 
Xaltd1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy89 View Post
UGH!
Utter Bull Carp! My mother in law was preaching to me how I shouldn't be doing something she doesn't like to my dog. This is MY dog! I do what I want with MY dog. I don't tell YOU that you shouldn't be giving your dog weight bearing bones. Bones that which your dog could be busting her teeth on! I don't tell you that you shouldn't be giving your dog the ****ty kibble you're giving her. I keep my mouth shut, I expect you to give me the same respect. My dog is well trained and WAY well mannered than your obese hound dog. Hhhmmmm.....I wonder who's doing right by their dog.
Call your dog's vet. Mom can call her dog's vet. Agree to abide by what each vet says PERIOD and drop the subject. (I was going to write "your Mom can call her vet" which doesn't seem accurate, but now it does b/c she sounds like a beee-atch! I hope she's had all her shots!)
Xaltd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 11:03 PM   #17316 
FishyFishy89

I don't need to call any vet. I've kept my mouth shut for far too long, she's gonna start nit picking on my dog, I'll nit pick on hers. She wonders why her dog has so many health problems, oh she'll find out why. And she'll wish she NEVER opened her mouth. She's a hypocritical snob, tells you to not do something because it's "wrong" and she'll do that exact thing.
Old 05-28-2013, 10:54 AM   #17317 
Shirleythebetta

Quote:
I don't need to call any vet. I've kept my mouth shut for far too long, she's gonna start nit picking on my dog, I'll nit pick on hers. She wonders why her dog has so many health problems, oh she'll find out why. And she'll wish she NEVER opened her mouth. She's a hypocritical snob, tells you to not do something because it's "wrong" and she'll do that exact thing.
I have one of those evil MIL's too. The ones who know everything but know nothing. Sorry your's is putting you through crap too. I feel for you. Mine tryed to tell my husband to leave me because he is getting old (30) and needs to have kids. Since I don't want them now or possibly ever apparently he needs to leave me and shack up with some random girl to give her a grandchild. I'm still here! And honestly, I don't think I would ever want her as a part of my childs life. She is not all there.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 12:32 PM   #17318 
FishyFishy89

Thanks Shirley. This one used to be a vet tech so she thinks she knows everything. News flash mom, things change and vets dont always know whats right for dogs.
Old 05-28-2013, 01:33 PM   #17319 
Shirleythebetta

Quote:
Thanks Shirley. This one used to be a vet tech so she thinks she knows everything. News flash mom, things change and vets dont always know whats right for dogs.
No they don't. I don't agree with half of what some say. I feel like you should choose what is best for your animals and take the advice from vets as you see fit.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 03:24 PM   #17320 
JadeAngel

Quote:
I adore my MIL, but my mother is that way... or at least was. She tried to give me unwanted advice on what I should or shouldn't do with my daughter. I kept my mouth shut for a year or two and then I lost it. Mom always tells everyone how she's an awesome mom and the best grandma. She's so full of herself, yet in reality she sucked as a grandma, and let's just say... if you abide by the saying "those who watch evil happen and do nothing are just as guilty" then you'd hate her for letting me go through what I did.

So after a while of trying to be patient and quiet, I blew up on a few times calling her out on her audacity to lecture me when she thinks being a good mom means hugs and kisses but not doing anything when you see your kids getting hurt. Well, that's a touchy topic, after several times of bringing that up, she's stopped giving me any advice on my parenting. So maybe a confrontation is in order at times. I know people think you should always bite your tongue, but sometimes someone else crosses the line and you have to set the boundries in stone for them.

I'm still trying to be patient with one of my best friends as she also gives unwanted advice about kids ...... nevermind that she doesn't have any and claims to never want them -.- though, she too has calmed down since I posted an indirect facebook post basically to the effect that I hate people giving me unsolicited tips on parenting

Good luck with that!
JadeAngel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou