Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-31-2013, 12:35 PM   #17331 
FishyFishy89

Ugh....this headache wont leave me alone. I took a nap and it went away, now it's back -.-
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 03:26 PM   #17332 
LittleBettaFish

I have a bedroom with a clerestory window. The gutters have been put in wrong and get clogged with leaves so when it rains they overflow. When it rains a lot, that water runs down the glass and then drips through the frame into my room.

Last night it rained very heavily for hours. From 11pm to 3am, I got to watch as water splashed all over my fish rack, all over my powerboards, all over my power points and all over my carpet.

We basically had to put towels over what we could, throw a plastic drop sheet over my rack to protect it and move any of the powerboards that we could without having to turn off all my heaters.

My carpet all along the wall is saturated and reeks. Since we are replacing it eventually I think I will just get my brother to cut that square out as it is basically rotting from all the times this has happened in the past. My rack shelves have gotten splashed in places as well and the water has soaked through so may have to replace them if they start to swell. Then I also have a hundred thousand towels to wash and dry on top of that.

Oh, and this random spot above our air conditioner that has never leaked in all the years we have had this house starts leaking. And the weird concrete room that always floods and that is supposed to be getting turned into our storage area/powder room has a couple of cms of water in it.

I hate our house. I wish it would burn down to the ground. It was poorly made when it was built and leaks like a sieve even with a new roof. When you go up on the roof, you can appreciate just how wonky it is (it's corrugated iron) and none of the angles match up.

Now I get to enjoy the pleasant aroma of water soaked carpet.
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 01:08 AM   #17333 
JadeAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettaFish View Post
I have a bedroom with a clerestory window. The gutters have been put in wrong and get clogged with leaves so when it rains they overflow. When it rains a lot, that water runs down the glass and then drips through the frame into my room.

Last night it rained very heavily for hours. From 11pm to 3am, I got to watch as water splashed all over my fish rack, all over my powerboards, all over my power points and all over my carpet.

We basically had to put towels over what we could, throw a plastic drop sheet over my rack to protect it and move any of the powerboards that we could without having to turn off all my heaters.

My carpet all along the wall is saturated and reeks. Since we are replacing it eventually I think I will just get my brother to cut that square out as it is basically rotting from all the times this has happened in the past. My rack shelves have gotten splashed in places as well and the water has soaked through so may have to replace them if they start to swell. Then I also have a hundred thousand towels to wash and dry on top of that.

Oh, and this random spot above our air conditioner that has never leaked in all the years we have had this house starts leaking. And the weird concrete room that always floods and that is supposed to be getting turned into our storage area/powder room has a couple of cms of water in it.

I hate our house. I wish it would burn down to the ground. It was poorly made when it was built and leaks like a sieve even with a new roof. When you go up on the roof, you can appreciate just how wonky it is (it's corrugated iron) and none of the angles match up.

Now I get to enjoy the pleasant aroma of water soaked carpet.
Oh, that's rotten luck! My best friend's ac system backed up (I guess over time?) and the wall of her office just exploded as I guess the system goes through the walls. She lost all her books, clothing, and almost lost her wedding dress. So I know how frustrating that's going to get. Is it possible to fix the section of gutter that is above your window? I have never delt with gutters before.

I hope things go better for you *hugs*
JadeAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 01:12 AM   #17334 
LittleBettaFish

My dad came over (parents are divorced but friends) and added in a pipe that will divert the water out of the gutter and onto the main section of the roof. This should hopefully stop the gutter from overflowing. I think he also put some mesh over it to stop the leaves from getting in there.

The annoying thing was I took all my towels and plastic drop sheets off my rack and from around my powerboards not long after making that post, and the window started leaking again. So then I had to put them all back again.

I think our poor dryer is dying. So many towels to dry and we just don't have the space to let them air dry.
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:49 AM   #17335 
JadeAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettaFish View Post
My dad came over (parents are divorced but friends) and added in a pipe that will divert the water out of the gutter and onto the main section of the roof. This should hopefully stop the gutter from overflowing. I think he also put some mesh over it to stop the leaves from getting in there.

The annoying thing was I took all my towels and plastic drop sheets off my rack and from around my powerboards not long after making that post, and the window started leaking again. So then I had to put them all back again.

I think our poor dryer is dying. So many towels to dry and we just don't have the space to let them air dry.
Ouch, that's a head ache! My dryer just died 2 days ago, right as my husband was putting a load of wet clothing in the dryer that he needed in 2 hours for work

I'm stuck line drying until we get a replacement.
JadeAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 04:39 AM   #17336 
dramaqueen
Banned

I have way too much technological crap to learn at my brother's. My brain can't process it all.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:02 AM   #17337 
Hadoken Kitty

That feeling when someone is following you around ALL DAY correcting everything you're saying. I never mean to give out false info, or say something incorrectly, but OMG!!!! -bangs head on wall-
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:13 AM   #17338 
Saphira101

My fish are getting sick way too often even though I do regular water changes et cetera! (Though I think this forum has saved each one of my bettas about twice, so I am very grateful)

Why can I not write a rant (however small) without inserting something positive? I need to practice my ranting. lol
Saphira101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:27 AM   #17339 
dramaqueen
Banned

Being afraid to touch anything in the house for fear of getting yelled at by an ocd SIL.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 12:05 PM   #17340 
Jexx

I've never posted in this thread but i NEED to rant now.
I am sick of my fish getting sick! They were all healthy until I lost my job. After I lost my job they all started getting sick and dying. I know its not really related but I feel like thee bad luck of becoming unemployed spread to my fish. I have perfect water parameters. I am extremely diligent in keeping their homes clean for them without over cleaning. First Galileo got terrible fin rot ant lost half of his beautiful tail. I had to treat him with BiFuran+ and he recovered. While he was sick Esmeralda jumped out of her tank. She recovered but wasn't the same after. Then Sesshomaru got caught for 5 hours behind his sponge filter and almost died. He recovered but its taken a long time. Now Esmeralda hashad dropsy for 2 weeks I have treated her with Epsom Salt, 2 rounds or Kanaplex, 2 rounds of BiFuran+. I have ordered Tetracycline and am waiting for it to arrive and will try that but she is not getting better! I just don't know what else to do for her. Sesshomaru is suddenly covered in Ich so I am treating him for that. In the past 2 weeks I have had 3 guppies and one fry die on me. The first guppy died from jumping into the filter and getting caught. The second guppy was bullied severely by another one of my guppies and contracted Columnaris from the stress and injuries of being bullied. She died swiftly. My third guppy died shortly after giving birth to 6 fry as she incurred a prolapsed birth canal. My guppy fry died from an abdominal aneurism.
I now have One healthy betta, 5 5 day old healthy guppy fry, 1 1 and a half month old guppy fry, 1 pregnant guppy, 2 pregnant platies and one platy that is very tiny and just won't grow!
Also it feels like my fish have been pregnant forever and I am afraid the yare all going to give birth at the same time and I am going to have to catch a million different fry.
Jexx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou