Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-06-2013, 05:33 PM   #17341 
redcharizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexx View Post
I've never posted in this thread but i NEED to rant now.
I am sick of my fish getting sick! They were all healthy until I lost my job. After I lost my job they all started getting sick and dying. I know its not really related but I feel like thee bad luck of becoming unemployed spread to my fish. I have perfect water parameters. I am extremely diligent in keeping their homes clean for them without over cleaning. First Galileo got terrible fin rot ant lost half of his beautiful tail. I had to treat him with BiFuran+ and he recovered. While he was sick Esmeralda jumped out of her tank. She recovered but wasn't the same after. Then Sesshomaru got caught for 5 hours behind his sponge filter and almost died. He recovered but its taken a long time. Now Esmeralda hashad dropsy for 2 weeks I have treated her with Epsom Salt, 2 rounds or Kanaplex, 2 rounds of BiFuran+. I have ordered Tetracycline and am waiting for it to arrive and will try that but she is not getting better! I just don't know what else to do for her. Sesshomaru is suddenly covered in Ich so I am treating him for that. In the past 2 weeks I have had 3 guppies and one fry die on me. The first guppy died from jumping into the filter and getting caught. The second guppy was bullied severely by another one of my guppies and contracted Columnaris from the stress and injuries of being bullied. She died swiftly. My third guppy died shortly after giving birth to 6 fry as she incurred a prolapsed birth canal. My guppy fry died from an abdominal aneurism.
I now have One healthy betta, 5 5 day old healthy guppy fry, 1 1 and a half month old guppy fry, 1 pregnant guppy, 2 pregnant platies and one platy that is very tiny and just won't grow!
Also it feels like my fish have been pregnant forever and I am afraid the yare all going to give birth at the same time and I am going to have to catch a million different fry.
Thats total bs man
i feel you you pain through the sc reen

Last edited by dramaqueen; 06-06-2013 at 05:49 PM. Reason: profanity
redcharizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 10:42 PM   #17342 
Jexx

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcharizard View Post
Thats total bs man
i feel you you pain through the sc reen
Jexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 10:44 PM   #17343 
Xaltd1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexx View Post
I've never posted in this thread but i NEED to rant now.
I am sick of my fish getting sick! They were all healthy until I lost my job. After I lost my job they all started getting sick and dying. I know its not really related but I feel like thee bad luck of becoming unemployed spread to my fish. I have perfect water parameters. I am extremely diligent in keeping their homes clean for them without over cleaning. First Galileo got terrible fin rot ant lost half of his beautiful tail. I had to treat him with BiFuran+ and he recovered. While he was sick Esmeralda jumped out of her tank. She recovered but wasn't the same after. Then Sesshomaru got caught for 5 hours behind his sponge filter and almost died. He recovered but its taken a long time. Now Esmeralda hashad dropsy for 2 weeks I have treated her with Epsom Salt, 2 rounds or Kanaplex, 2 rounds of BiFuran+. I have ordered Tetracycline and am waiting for it to arrive and will try that but she is not getting better! I just don't know what else to do for her. Sesshomaru is suddenly covered in Ich so I am treating him for that. In the past 2 weeks I have had 3 guppies and one fry die on me. The first guppy died from jumping into the filter and getting caught. The second guppy was bullied severely by another one of my guppies and contracted Columnaris from the stress and injuries of being bullied. She died swiftly. My third guppy died shortly after giving birth to 6 fry as she incurred a prolapsed birth canal. My guppy fry died from an abdominal aneurism.
I now have One healthy betta, 5 5 day old healthy guppy fry, 1 1 and a half month old guppy fry, 1 pregnant guppy, 2 pregnant platies and one platy that is very tiny and just won't grow!
Also it feels like my fish have been pregnant forever and I am afraid the yare all going to give birth at the same time and I am going to have to catch a million different fry.
Your story is mine to a T, minus guppies, add catfish. No matter what medications I tried, whatever I did, I've lost 10 bettas, about 8 corys, 6+ oto cats plus inverts aplenty. I have a 29 gallon sorority w/ 3 bettas in it! What the heck I do next is a mystery. I'm afraid to get attached to another fish.
Xaltd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:34 PM   #17344 
Xaltd1

I officially live in the most snobbish area of the U. S.
I'm 52, divorced, & overweight (I stopped weighing myself at 178 lbs.)
When I was married, had $ & was cute & thin, everybody was my friend.
I've lost everything, & expected the "society" people would drop me like a rock. Great, who needs 'em, right?
Today my MECHANIC who has worked on my cars for 20+ years blew me off! I paid $500 last week to repair a broken power steering line (among other repairs). Well, it started leaking & blowing smoke yesterday. I called him, and he said "Yeah, it could still be leaking b/c it's all rotted out. I can't look at it until the w/e, and NO PROMISES"!!!!!!!!!!! I was so stunned, I hung up. After a few hours I realized: HELLO, I paid for it to be FIXED!!! I have to take my Mom to the hospital on Monday. I hate to ruin the last positive relationship I have around here, but I may have to- I want to call him tomorrow & blow his doors off.
Xaltd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 06:55 AM   #17345 
Nibblez

I am really really frustrated right now. i put my breeding pair together last night after 2 weeks of conditioning and they started embracing today, went on for at least 8 hours, so many eggs..... unfertilized eggs.... male spent 8 hours trying to embrace the female, instead he could never position himself, the female just gave up after 8 hours. Thought there were a few times that he picked up the eggs, looks like he ate them now. Huge bubble nest, he's not even looking after it now so i presume there are no eggs. Female removed and released her eggs in her tank. There are a bunch of egg on the bottom of the tank now. I'll be leaving the male in for another day or so just to make sure, but chances are, theres nothing. ARGHHHH!!!!!!!!
Nibblez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:46 AM   #17346 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm sorry about your spawn, Nibblez. Was this the first time for them?
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:36 PM   #17347 
Nibblez

presumably their first time, giving it another go but im not sure if i should use the same male again or try another male.
Nibblez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:19 PM   #17348 
Hadoken Kitty

OMG. I've been going under the stress of moving and learning how my current room-mates act...and then I come back home to get the rest of my stuff, and my grandma is drunk and being a complete...well...I don't have ANY nice words about her right now.
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:41 PM   #17349 
Shirleythebetta

Derecho risk tomorrow morning. I am terrified.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:50 AM   #17350 
CrazyFishDude

(Wow I haven't been here in forever) My snail colony died off recently, so I cleaned out my tank and reassembled it, preparing the tank for some new fish (I'm debating with myself between triops and killifish). Well, my air pump comes CRASHING to the ground from my dresser where the tank is (which is well over 5 feet tall) and it slightly messed up the diaphragm, so the sound went from a nice white-noise type sound to a frickin dubstep song. I got it a little quieter though by continuing to mess with the pump and moving the airline closer to the surface of the water (it's just cycling so no fish are in it anyway), so this will have to work until I can get a new air pump...

Last edited by CrazyFishDude; 06-13-2013 at 07:53 AM. Reason: Grammatical errors
CrazyFishDude is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou