Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-24-2013, 10:49 PM   #17371 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by aokashi View Post
happened to me too! lol!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
It's wonderful aint it? I actually ended the friendship. Gave him many times to apologize and even apologized to him myself. When I asked for an apology, he just gave excuses as to why he couldn't even text the apology to me. I said "It takes but 1 minute to text 'im sorry'. And here you are on the phone with me making excuses when you could be apologizing right now." Even more excuses after that -.-

I think that if the friendship meant enough to him, he would of taken that 1 minute to send that apology. Clearly it didn't mean anything to him.
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:17 PM   #17372 
ao
TFK Moderator

ahh, this "friend" of mine never talked to me again. Well I apologized eventually for upsetting him (although i have no idea why he's upset and acting like a kid?), but he didnt even read it, so it made me wonder whether he was worth all the trouble XD sometimes you just run into those people who never appreciate the stuff you did for them.

Last edited by ao; 07-24-2013 at 11:19 PM.
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:52 PM   #17373 
FishyFishy89

yeah, I think i got the hint when he kept saying "well, what's in it for me?"
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 02:01 AM   #17374 
Hadoken Kitty

Ugh. People like that. Drive me crazy!!!!
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 07:41 PM   #17375 
Sena Hansler

Rant!! Since I hold it in due to "respect" for other people...

Oh who am I kidding? Screw other people and respecting them. I don't get respect. They don't deserve an ounce of my time, my respect, or my words.

But I'm going to rant about it anyways. I have a dog. That was not exactly what I expected, but I could have turned her away, rehomed her in seconds flat. Did I? NO. I kept her. Still have her. Fighting through every issue we have with her via excitement with other dogs turning her vicious towards "leash and walker", excitement to "chase the kitties", refusal to listen, inhaling her food... Oh the list goes ON.

Have I given up? No. Because I AM STUBBORN. But do I have a backup "what if it ends up not working out after all" plan? DUH. Only an idiot, a fool, would not make sure there is a secured backup plan if sh$% flies out the window. What if we do not get to the month of spaying her? She does, after all, need her shots first, which need to come first before spaying (no place will do it otherwise), and that takes over a two month span between shots.

So yes, a backup plan. Or do people really expected me to just HAND HER OVER to a dog ring aye ess ess wipe, or a backyard breeder? You, are truly brilliant, aren't you? Ignorance is NOT bliss. I've said it for years, I'll keep saying it.

Sure I'd love to spend thousands on my pets. I'd give them only real homemade foods certified for their species... Even their BREED if I could. I'm not magic, however. And I don't have a money tree. Lilac bush perhaps (which is eating my fence), but not a money tree.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 08:05 PM   #17376 
Skyewillow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
Rant!! Since I hold it in due to "respect" for other people...

Oh who am I kidding? Screw other people and respecting them. I don't get respect. They don't deserve an ounce of my time, my respect, or my words.

But I'm going to rant about it anyways. I have a dog. That was not exactly what I expected, but I could have turned her away, rehomed her in seconds flat. Did I? NO. I kept her. Still have her. Fighting through every issue we have with her via excitement with other dogs turning her vicious towards "leash and walker", excitement to "chase the kitties", refusal to listen, inhaling her food... Oh the list goes ON.

Have I given up? No. Because I AM STUBBORN. But do I have a backup "what if it ends up not working out after all" plan? DUH. Only an idiot, a fool, would not make sure there is a secured backup plan if sh$% flies out the window. What if we do not get to the month of spaying her? She does, after all, need her shots first, which need to come first before spaying (no place will do it otherwise), and that takes over a two month span between shots.

So yes, a backup plan. Or do people really expected me to just HAND HER OVER to a dog ring aye ess ess wipe, or a backyard breeder? You, are truly brilliant, aren't you? Ignorance is NOT bliss. I've said it for years, I'll keep saying it.

Sure I'd love to spend thousands on my pets. I'd give them only real homemade foods certified for their species... Even their BREED if I could. I'm not magic, however. And I don't have a money tree. Lilac bush perhaps (which is eating my fence), but not a money tree.
If you need to spread things out over a couple of months (which her shots will have to do anyways), then do so. Don't break your bank and go flat broke trying to get everything done all at once. Just keep an eye on her when she's outside, and everything will be fine. I promise.
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 08:22 PM   #17377 
Sena Hansler

Can't do everything right away anyways. The shots are 6 weeks apart, then the spaying comes after the last shot (which IDK what they recommend for length of time to wait after last shot). If I do the dog sitting job I am supposed to do, it's 500.00 right there that is going just towards the dog. But that's a "lovely idea" that isn't a set profit.

It's just the "just in case I need to rehome" idea people don't like. Sorry, cat was here first. Dog can't integrate with the cat, I can't drag the dog off a terrified cat, endangering myself to be bitten or attacked. Excitement is a terrible fiend.
Old 08-04-2013, 09:46 PM   #17378 
Xaltd1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
Can't do everything right away anyways. The shots are 6 weeks apart, then the spaying comes after the last shot (which IDK what they recommend for length of time to wait after last shot). If I do the dog sitting job I am supposed to do, it's 500.00 right there that is going just towards the dog. But that's a "lovely idea" that isn't a set profit.

It's just the "just in case I need to rehome" idea people don't like. Sorry, cat was here first. Dog can't integrate with the cat, I can't drag the dog off a terrified cat, endangering myself to be bitten or attacked. Excitement is a terrible fiend.
I just had the opposite problem. I babysit for an extremely immature and often violent 4-year-old. The GENIUS mother thought that giving this little #%*& a puppy would be a good idea! The little girl would get down in the floor to play w/ said puppy, and the puppy (seeking it's rank in "the pack") would get on top of her and start to nip. Then, little Miss She-Devil would start hitting the puppy, yelling "bad doggie". The puppy bit the kid in the face 3x while I was there (and I immediately pulled the dog off, resulting in only a minor scratch) but eventually the puppy bit her IN THE FACE & drew blood 3 TIMES on her Mom's watch! Then the dog was "re-homed". I saw this coming a mile away but it was not my place to suggest anything (while I reported tot getting attacked to her mother). The poor dog. I wish I could have taken it. I hope it is salvagable, mentally. I'm still angry, but I need the $ & have to work for these people.
There are no bad dogs/cats. Only bad owners.

Last edited by Xaltd1; 08-04-2013 at 09:49 PM.
Xaltd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 10:21 PM   #17379 
Sena Hansler

Well there can be bad dogs ;p I met one! Watched it properly trained and all. Was not tested for temperament.. It wasn't the dog's fault though. Still a human's. A thoughtless moronic backyard breeder. Dog should have been put down a few times due to it's behavior... AND IT WAS TRAINED TO BE A SERVICE DOG! No real service trains dogs with that temperament. I saw it's doom when it was 4 months old. In the eyes... And the way the dog held himself. It was right there, so obvious, and dangerous.

Actually services usually only choose one out of five pups, sometimes saying no to a whole litter. Hence how I knew the service was bogus.
Old 08-04-2013, 10:29 PM   #17380 
Xaltd1

I had a Dalmatian puppy that my trainer recommended "be destroyed" due his willful nature. Needless to say, I never returned to that trainer again!!! Kai (that same pup) won his championship within 1 1/2 yrs in the New England area alone! He was a great dog. A doofus at times, but a gorgeous dog and a real Superstar!
Xaltd1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou