Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-18-2013, 11:04 PM   #17421 
ao
TFK Moderator

Awwe Kitty, think of all the nice people you'll be leaving behind!

But in all honesty stepping off social networks is a big step, and not necessarily bad at all. The internet has taken so much out of our lives~ take a breath of fresh air!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:19 AM   #17422 
Sena Hansler

I did it for a few months. It was nice.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 12:15 AM   #17423 
dramaqueen
Banned

And think of the nice moderators like me and Aokashi that you'll be leaving behind. lol jk But we do try to be nice to our members, and we do care. I'm serious about that.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 12:32 AM   #17424 
Inkwell

Taking a break from the Internet isn't a bad thing. Sometimes it's nice to get away for a while.
Inkwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 09:29 PM   #17425 
Sena Hansler

I decided, that it would be nice to go onto a dog forum, where I could possibly get questions asked. Why not right?

Screw that junk. Everyone is in the bloody tree hugging hippy stage. By that I mean "NO dog is EVER dominant" statements, making the dominant stances MY dog has "oh she just wants hugs!" and telling me to be super gentle with her. You really want to see what happens if I pull a "Oh sweety, please sit -insert stupid smiley face here- sit... sit...well close enough, here's a treat <3" SHE WILL WALK ALL OVER ME!

I understand EVERYONE has an opinion, but to bash, shame, and tell people how STUPID they are for having what is now called "outdated" thoughts and looks upon certain things is OUTRIGHT RUDE.

I have asked for that account to be permanently removed, because it is obviously not the site for me. I ask for help, and like EVERY time I ask for help (for anything at all) that is how I am treated? Do I go in alone on this? This is ridiculous!

THIS is why I lost faith in humanity. Treating dogs like how society wants children treated: with tons of sweet talking, spoiling and no discipline ever.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 11:25 AM   #17426 
FishyFishy89

Your dog is not dominate. Please research the myths on dominance theory. Im not trying to shame you. But it's your responsibility to know your dog's language and how to correctly train her positively and force free.

There's a Facebook group called Beyond Cesar Millian. Let them know you want to learn and they'll provide you with excellent reads.
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 03:51 PM   #17427 
LittleBettaFish

I was going to remain quiet but I do have to agree with FishyFishy89. The dominance theory has been debunked countless times already.

The behaviours you described in your dog thread aren't dominant, they are just rude or stem from a lack of foundation training or over-excitement.

Just because people don't like using the term doesn't mean they are tree huggers. I hate the word and my dogs do receive a swat on the bum every now and then if they are being particularly stupid or doing something dangerous.

I still think the clicker based videos I linked to would be incredibly helpful for your dog. Her behaviour in some respects sounds so much like my dog Nike and I think if you go into training her thinking that everything she does stems from some burning desire for dominance, you may make things worse.
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 03:10 AM   #17428 
Midori

Unhappy

I am so mad at myself... I lost my gecko of 7 years recently. I left her unattended and she wandered off and vanished. We've torn apart the house, outside and the shed because she could have found a way out there who knows she could have squeezed under the door. I know this happens all the time for some gecko owners that the gecko will go missing, even escape out of the cage if you don't make sure the lid is locked.

It been driving the whole family nuts. Even the dogs who a few times when she has hid herself in a strange place found her. We finally went a got that second gecko we'd been talking about for years because we didn't realize how much a huge part of our lives our Mindy was. We're still looking for Mindy, because Baby Godzilla will, never ever replace her. In theory could find her months from now and have a spare cage and everything but I'm scared even with diligent searches we might never find her.
Midori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 12:36 AM   #17429 
dramaqueen
Banned

Aww, I'm sorry about Mindy. I hope that she somehow turns up safe and sound.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:40 AM   #17430 
SeaKnight

DH picked this guy up from work....... Grrrrrrrrrrrrr......... just don't know how anyone could let any animal get to this condition...... Should he survive a home has already been lined up...

SeaKnight is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou