Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-03-2013, 09:14 AM   #17431 
Chesh

:( breaks my heart! I hope you can pull him through and into a good home . . .
Chesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 12:29 PM   #17432 
Freyja
Banned

You are the majority. You are not being trampled upon. You are experiencing a small fraction of what you have inflicted upon others not of your ilk for centuries. Recognize it, deal with it, and move on. You have a choice; they don't. Be better!
Freyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 06:37 PM   #17433 
SeaKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chesh View Post
:( breaks my heart! I hope you can pull him through and into a good home . . .
he actually ate today, a little bit of shrimp, about 3-4 "goldfish" pellets and one guppy.... (Not all at the same time)
SeaKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 06:49 PM   #17434 
FishyFishy89

tired of people saying they're going to do something and they don't do it -.-
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:26 PM   #17435 
dramaqueen
Banned

Me, too.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:35 AM   #17436 
SeaKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy89 View Post
tired of people saying they're going to do something and they don't do it -.-
you're not the only one........
Old 09-09-2013, 04:55 PM   #17437 
GinjaHaZ

I despise my local pet store, and the idiots that work there... I put in a special order for a tank divider a week ago. Well, I needed new filter cartilages so I stopped by to get some and check on my order. One employee acted like she knew nothing (about anything) and the other blames it on the delivery truck. And they encourage small bowls for bettas. I mean the cups the fish are in are smaller than the ones at PetSmart and all the beginner sets for bettas comes with a bowl that isnt even 1/2 a gallon... I hate going to that store but I have no choice. I would order online but my college town doesn't have the bank I'm with and I don't know what bank to switch to. Ugh this is unneeded stress.
GinjaHaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 05:13 AM   #17438 
SeaKnight

Grrrrrrrrrr, irritated beyond words................ HATE BEING CALLED A LIAR!!!!!!! especially by know it alls like you... I gave you the "statistics" I told you the story as I know it to be....(I'm here to witness it you are not.) And you have the nerve to call me wrong and act like I don't know what I'm talking about... "You've seen this before and it always ends the same..." well sorry to tell you but you are the one that is wrong.. I guess that since I too have a disability then my parents should have euthanized me??? Yes, there is a thing as natural selection but these "deformities" could have been created by poor living conditions just as much as genetics and if I want to give him/her a shot it is my right.... I am fully prepared to deal with things no matter which way they turn and never denied that he/she may not survive!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but as I said before as long as the zest for life continues, I will continue the fight!!!!!!
Old 09-12-2013, 02:39 PM   #17439 
FishyFishy89

Psh
Snarky and rude people. That is all.
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 03:29 PM   #17440 
LittleBettaFish

I want to rant about dogs at off-lead parks that their owners have no control over.

Backstory is that me and my mum have been rather lazy with walking our oldest dog Ares. He is something of a couch potato and spends most of his time sleeping inside. However, yesterday evening we took him for a walk at the off-lead park opposite my dad's house.

Ares is very smart but basically has no interest in obedience work. This dog hasn't done any sort of formal obedience work since probably the start of the year, and yet went through all his commands like he did them every day. About halfway through we could see him losing interest and so we let him off his lead and played ball with him for five minutes or so (something we rarely if ever do).

Well after that he got put back on his lead and we started heading for our car. This was when this poodle x looking dog came tearing towards us with the owner nowhere in sight. The dog came running straight at Ares and while Ares is fine with dogs passing close to him, he doesn't like strange dogs in his personal bubble.

Ares lets the dog sniff him once and then when the dog starts trying to get in his face and lunges and barks at it (Ares is all talk but he is big and it scares people).

The poodle x does not seem to be phased by this and is making a beeline for a second sniff when I see the owner bolting over from the second oval a good 100 metres or so away. The dog is completely ignoring him, and so I manage to lure it over with a treat, grab it by the harness and lead it back to its owner.

We put Ares in the car and sit in there waiting for my dad to come back with Eos our other dog, when this same poodle x comes running up to our car and starts sniffing around the doors and generally making a pest of itself.

Not long after it starts harassing some other dog that obviously was telling it very politely to stop.

Just because someone is in an off-lead park, does not mean that it's okay to let your dog go running up to theirs. It's not friendly, it's rude, and it would be like me running up to you and getting right in your face. Yelling 'it's alright he's friendly' as you are half a kilometre away does little to assuage my fears.

This is the reason our dog Eos is not allowed to free run with other dogs. She pretends she has suddenly developed hearing difficulties, and then spends all her time with a ball in her mouth herding dogs up. I find that mortifying and so she is only allowed off leash in fenced areas where there are no other dogs.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou