Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-03-2013, 12:49 PM   #17461 
dramaqueen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by redthebetta View Post
My rant:
My parents are in trial separation and there're fighting with me a lot. I'm being bullied a ton at school and no one cares. I'm pretty unpopular and my teacher try's to get me off my iPad at lunch to socialize with people who hate me. My autism is rearing it's head this month with a ton of rudeness and mood swings. It also could be that I'm grumpy because of puberty or school. I'm also trying to learn HTML and CSS so I can become a web designer but my mom thinks it makes me grumpy. Sigh.....
I'm sorry about your parents. Can you talk to someone at school about the bullying like a teacher, counsellor or even the principal? I was bullied in school too but no one really knew because I was too afraid to tell anyone. Also, doesn't the teacher understand that your autism makes it hard for you to socialize? The problems at home, going through puberty and the problems at school are what's making you grumpy and thats a lot to deal with.And who can blame you? I hope things get better for you soon.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 12:56 PM   #17462 
redthebetta

Yea, they probably will.
redthebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 02:28 PM   #17463 
Jarick

I love my job working in PetCare, unfortunately it makes me so angry that other Petsmart stores around the country have given us a bad name. I have had multiple people discredit things I have told customers simply on the basis 'I know better 'cause I don't work there.' It's ridiculous. People come in jaded and unwilling to accept any advice.

Do all our animals get handled every single day? No. Absolutely not. There are not enough hours in a day to do that. Besides, that would be WAY too stressful for our animals.

Do we do our best to make sure our animals are social? Yes, but again, time plays a factor. And, usually PetCare is the most understaffed section.

Patience. Most go to the fish wall/podium for some reason or another and most times no one is there. That does not mean we are hiding in the back. Usually, that's the time that our new arrivals are being checked on and the sick are being medicated. Simply go to a register and nicely state that you need help or have a question. Someone will be paged to do so.

The bad name we've gotten is irritating and really hope that it can be mended. I am passionate about the animals and the customers who want to learn about them, dangit. We're not all script spewing, just working for a check, robotic idiots!!
Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 02:51 PM   #17464 
dramaqueen
Banned

+1 Jarick.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 03:29 PM   #17465 
LittleBettaFish

Wake up at 5am this morning (it's about 5:30am now) to hear the sound of something containing water being knocked over.

I thought my cat had fallen in one of my new tanks, but turns out after getting stuck on the top shelf of my fish rack, our Siamese jumped and landed on a container full of water I was using to quarantine some java moss in.

This then went all over my bottom shelf and all over my two main power boards. I had already had a crappy night's sleep so I was not impressed when I found one of the power boards was ruined by the water that had gotten into it.

Anyone interested in buying a Siamese cat? She's very beautiful and has such a loving personality.
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 03:52 PM   #17466 
redthebetta

Second rant of the day:
One of the teachers tried to set up a little place on certain days, me and my nerdy friends could use some computers.
Day 1: He was away and never told anyone about it so no go.
2: I waited 15 minutes later than he should of been there and finally had to go track him down. We only got to use the computers for about 10 minutes.
3: So far, he haven't shown up. 10 mins until the end of lunch.
I mean, really. Is it so hard to show up for a few minutes to unlock 1 room?
redthebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 05:16 PM   #17467 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettaFish View Post
Wake up at 5am this morning (it's about 5:30am now) to hear the sound of something containing water being knocked over.

I thought my cat had fallen in one of my new tanks, but turns out after getting stuck on the top shelf of my fish rack, our Siamese jumped and landed on a container full of water I was using to quarantine some java moss in.

This then went all over my bottom shelf and all over my two main power boards. I had already had a crappy night's sleep so I was not impressed when I found one of the power boards was ruined by the water that had gotten into it.

Anyone interested in buying a Siamese cat? She's very beautiful and has such a loving personality.
LOL
I would if my kitty wasn't such a meanie.
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 05:27 PM   #17468 
LittleBettaFish

Haha Kanika our Siamese is like the devil incarnate. She deliberately stirs the dogs up by sitting in front of the baby gate that blocks them in the kitchen and chittering at them.

She used to get in to where the dry food was kept on a shelf in a plastic container and push it off so it fell to the ground and spilled everywhere.

She also can push open the back sliding door by standing on the bench and pushing on the handle with her front paws. She likes to let our oriental outside with the dogs while she waits upstairs on the top of the scratching post where they can't get her.
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 05:39 PM   #17469 
Saber

Wow, don't think I'm going to be shopping at my local Petco again. I hesitate to go there due to the distance and how much more expensive they are than Petsmart, but their live fish are usually very healthy.

Long story short, a few days ago, I purchased four swordtails for my community tank. Put them in my 20g QT, and two were dead within 3 days. The other two are still alive and seem to be doing quite well. I kept the bodies. I called up Petco earlier to make sure I could get a refund or new fish before I drove all the way down there. The lady whose voice I recognized as the manager's picked up, and this was basically the conversation..

Me: Hi there, the other day I purchased some fish from you guys and two of them died, and I was wondering--
Manager: *cutting me off and speaking very curtly* Yes, you have to have your receipt and a water sample and the dead fish.
Me: Yes, but--
Manager: ~ITS A VERY STRICT POLICY~
Me: Yes, but what I was TRYING to say is that only two of them died and--
Manager: Well that's not our fault, we can't refund you unless all of them are dead and you have the bodies and a water sample, if only two of them died it's obviously not something wrong on our end!
Me: *Getting fed up at this point* That doesn't help me at all. Thank you.

I have heard of rude customers, but MAN, never have I ever dealt with such a rude employee. Are you seriously giving me an attitude over a $3 fish?

Edit: Just to clarify, I'm not upset because of the policy - if that's how it is then alright, but interrupting someone and talking over them with an attitude is just unacceptable, especially as a manager of a store.

Last edited by Saber; 10-03-2013 at 05:50 PM.
Saber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 06:53 PM   #17470 
FishyFishy89

She is actually wrong! They can refund you even WITHOUT the receipt! I've done this myself with dead fish.

But yes, bring in a sample of the water they are living in, bring in the dead fish, the receipt, and voila! refund!
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou