Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-03-2013, 06:23 PM   #17471 
Saber

Wow, really? This lady must be whack or something, then. Unfortunately, she's the manager so I doubt I am going to get anywhere if I drive 45 minutes down there. I'll just keep the swordtails and I hope they survive a couple more weeks before they go in the community tank. If I need anything from Petco, I'll order it online..
Saber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 07:18 PM   #17472 
FishyFishy89

There's usually 2 managers on duty at once. But I do agree, it's not worth it for that drive.
There's no PetsMart or PetSuperMarkets by you?
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 09:42 PM   #17473 
Saber

There is a Petsmart which I will be giving the majority of my business to, now. The only problem is that they don't carry a few things that Petco does (NLS pellets, for example), but I can always get those online. Not a huge loss for me. :)
Saber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 10:01 PM   #17474 
dramaqueen
Banned

I have to get all my stuff Online now, including my fish.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 12:45 PM   #17475 
Illhearted
Banned

I dont get people who are on limited funds, freak out and complain about being on limited funds, dont work for their money, and still spend and spend. If you are on limited funds, dont spend and if you are spending stop complaining about not having enough money. And cook a meal for Merlin's sake; stop eating out.
Illhearted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 12:54 PM   #17476 
RoMayApple

I'm so upset right now I don't know where to turn. Some person I know didn't want their fish anymore so it turned into do you want it or we'll let it die. Not even a half of year later I come home there is this beautiful orange goldfish gasping for air in a container that bends it's tail up. First thing out of my mouth to my roommate was "who's -bleep- goldfish now?" Long story short the son of before goldfish decided he wanted a goldfish again. This is when I exclaimed their other fish is still alive and swimming why the bleep would they get another fish. Let just say I said a lot of things that I shouldn't have said. But can you blame me because of the responsibility of their old fish. So I changed the poor things water but I don't have any spare tanks big enough. I'm probably going to have to change it again because it's now almost 11am (5 hours after the last change) and the fish is looking like OMG kill me again. YEAH they still have not put it in any sort of home. Probably I don't know their going to wait till the kid gets home from school. Poor thing most I can hope for is it lives for a few months then they get sick of it again so it can come to me.

At least my roommate has responsibility. She came to me upset because her betta was swimming on it's side and fluttering like paper. Instead of waiting on it she found her betta help which BTW I am now caring for. But that's because I know fish's owner wants him back.

People I swear.
RoMayApple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 12:59 PM   #17477 
dramaqueen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illhearted View Post
I dont get people who are on limited funds, freak out and complain about being on limited funds, dont work for their money, and still spend and spend. If you are on limited funds, dont spend and if you are spending stop complaining about not having enough money. And cook a meal for Merlin's sake; stop eating out.
Sounds like my cousin. They built a house then said how it was causing them to go broke, then they take a trip yo Florida and are always meeting friends for dinner.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 01:08 PM   #17478 
Illhearted
Banned

I've seen it on pet owners as well. You're freaking out that you depend on this set amount of money because you don't/can't work but you just got another pet with all the expenses that it involves. SMDH
Illhearted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 01:48 PM   #17479 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illhearted View Post
Exactly how my mother is. I remember as a child, always wanting a snack or a different meat or cheeze for lunch. She always said she didn't have enough money. Yet she was always buying beer or wine. The price of either could EASILY purchase the snack, meat/cheeze I was wanting as a child.

She's a prime example of the mother I will NOT be to my children.

She also ran into some HUGE money problems. So she moved into my sister's house to help pay off all that debt. My mother's apartment was $800 in rent(my apartment is bigger than hers and we pay $710 a month). She's now paying rent, part bills at my sisters AND $800 a month for a huge storage unit for all her crap! Tell me how that's saving money and helping her pay off debt!!

Last edited by FishyFishy89; 10-08-2013 at 01:51 PM.
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 04:31 PM   #17480 
kyle89

i finally taked my girlfried into a 10 gallon tank yesterday and had been eying up the aqueon 10 gallon kits. we drive to the lfs and get to the tank isle and the skid is empty!! they dont have the regular or delux kit!!!! i go to the service desk and ask if they have some in the back and no they dont!! depressed we went to petsmart and got a 10 gallon tetra kit that had a mariland hood! it kind of made up for the depression but now if i want the aqueon 10 filter i have to go buy it!! end rant
kyle89 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou