Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-16-2013, 09:22 PM   #17491 
Jarick

I just wish some days could go by quicker than others. Department was left a disaster, not wholly unexpected, but more than anticipated. One of the Bearded Dragons that is sick is sure to die. I wish we actually received juveniles and not babies...Way too many reptiles than there is room. *sigh*

On a non-ranting note, our antisocial Jenday Conure sat on my shoulder for his full hour while I was doing bedding changes. Nibbled lightly no actual biting. Still not crazy about hands, but it is MAJOR progress. Him and the Dumbo rats made my day better..

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 11:44 PM   #17492 
FishyFishy89

Circle K said they wouldn't hire me because I am "too honest". Really?! Like freaking really?? Said it had something to do with me answering "no" if I find myself in the company long term. Like heck no I don't see myself working in a gas station for 5 years!!

I'm done, I'm officially done! I won't lie to people to get a job! That is what it has become these days! Lie your way through life!!!!
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 02:52 AM   #17493 
dramaqueen
Banned

That sucks! But sometimes honesty gets you in trouble. Some people can't handle the truth.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 01:51 PM   #17494 
FishyFishy89

Hubby thinks I can reapply in 30 days. I won't be answering those questions. He can answer them for me. I absolutely will NOT lie. Just like I won't degrade myself to get a job as a "dancer" just to get some money.

We need a bit more money, but I won't lower myself to get it.
Old 10-18-2013, 11:55 PM   #17495 
dramaqueen
Banned

Good for you, FishyFishy.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 11:11 AM   #17496 
FishyFishy89

When you clearly don't have the space for more animals, DO NOT ACQUIRE MORE ANIMALS!!!
Old 10-19-2013, 01:14 PM   #17497 
redthebetta

I wish I knew that before I got 2 more bettas!
redthebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 09:02 PM   #17498 
CapitalistPig

Well, here we go, a traffic rant.

So I had to be at work last night by 11:45. I left at 10:00, which is ridiculously early considering it's usually a twenty minute drive, but there was a football game and I didn't want to get caught in traffic outside the stadium. I know about three different ways to get to work, which I figured would be more than enough backup should I have to take a different route than usual. Every road near the stadium had cops all over putting up traffic cones and all the lanes going towards the stadium were closed, as they were being used as lanes to go away from the stadium. Even though at this point the game was nowhere near being over.

As luck would have it, the one road I needed to be open to get to all three routes I know was closed, so I had to pull over and make a call to get directions. I ended up getting lost and directed in circles multiple times by police directing traffic. I can't stand how it's like if you aren't going to the game, you're a second class citizen or something. Of course, this is football we're talking about, which is obviously much more important than getting to work, right?

Anyways, after an extended period of time, and a large amount of expletives, I finally find a road that leads me to my usual route. On top of everything else, my parking was recently changed, so I had to find my new parking space. The road leading up to the new parking lot had construction going on, so I had to take a detour. Then my arduous journey had come to completion, I had arrived at my destination at 11:15, or so I thought. It turned out, I had went to the wrong parking lot, and only realized it after spending several minutes trying to locate the shuttle I needed to take, only to see it off in the distance past a gate in a different parking lot.

I then got back in my car and had to go through even more winding detours until I finally got to my parking lot. By the time I was on the shuttle it was 11:30, and I had been told to arrive thirty minutes early to allow ample time to take the shuttle and get through security, so I had only fifteen. I did, somehow, manage to take the shuttle, get through security, and punch in with a minute to spare. So, it took me an hour and forty-five minutes to take a twenty minute drive.
CapitalistPig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 07:41 PM   #17499 
bambijarvis

Ugh I feel like a horrible person.

One person's package I sent it just gone, claimes to be delivered but never showed.
another is being sent back to me because I didn't triple check the address.
Now these lovely people need to wait until I have money to reship/send replacements.

At least my cold is going away.
bambijarvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 09:42 PM   #17500 
Xaltd1

I was just told by my mother (she's 84 and I'm 52) that I talk too much. I've been told this by my ex-husband, ex-boyfriend, my brothers, and my landlord. So far, I've cowtowed to them and have avoided social situations. I've made an effort not to talk, anywhere, anytime. Now I'm thinking, WTF???? I am going to talk your socks off. If you don't like it, go to H#@%^.
Xaltd1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou