Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-27-2013, 06:53 AM   #17741 
rickey
Banned

The Florida Department of Environmental Protection and I assume the rest of the state of Florida departments as well, has the strangest personal time off policy (PTO) that I have ever work under. Tuesday and Wednesday were paid holidays but if I take a PTO day the day before or the day after the holiday day I can't get paid for the holiday without using PTO days. Does that make sense, I was going to take vacation days M,TH,and F, and be off the whole week but they won't let me do that because I have to work the day before and the day after to get the holiday pay or use vacation days T and W, which was fine with me I have more vacation hr that I can possible use. I ran a private business for 20 year and still have a stake in it, if I were to tell my employees that they would have laughed me out of the office.

R
rickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 05:01 PM   #17742 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinieBeanie View Post
Thanks Sakura! Your and my situations sound really similar actually.

I don't have OCD, but I have really bad social anxiety in addition to absolutely debilitating chronic fatigue. So I also live with my parents, dont have a drivers license, dont have a boyfriend, and I dont go to school. I dont go out much, but when I do, I also get asked those awkward questions. If I'm not there my poor family gets the brunt of the questions. recently I posted about a woman at church who every week says to my mom "Have you figured out what's wrong with your daughter yet?" and every week my mom says "she has an autoimmune disease called Sjögren's syndrome" Yet every week this same woman asks my mother the same question, and she's not the only one that badgers my family with the same "what's wrong?" Question no matter how many times its been answered already! I don't like my life the way it is now, and want to change, but its difficult when you feel so exhausted that you feel like you just ran a marathon right after you've woken up from a normal amount of sleep! Yet Im trying, just like you! Thank you for that little reminder to find hope and happiness, I'm going to join you!
My autoimmune disease that is Known to cause severe fatigue in some people, yet every doctor I've seen (up until the last two months) insists that's not why I'm so tired, but then never tell me why, if its not that, why I am so tired. I most likely have other conditions as well, but again ive been to so many doctors over the last years, they all seem to have different opinions. I gave up on doctors all together after yet another lecture from my GP about "We're all tired" until recently, I've now tried really hard to find some good doctors. I found a good rhuematologist and nuerologist. both of them, unlike any other doctor I've ever had in my life admitted that it might be my Sjögren's syndrome causing my fatigue! No more being told "It's just a nuisance disease" by my doctors! They both did lots of test, I now dont need to see the neuro anymore because everything was normal.
So I'm glad I made the effort to see them. I feel more confident about my doctors than ever before. I'm proud of myself for finding these new doctors, convincing an old ones redo a test he screwed up (twice!) and hassling doctors offices when they cancelled a needed test without telling me. So I can feel glad that I tried.
Justinie, that GP with the "we're all tired" lecture is enough to make me want to stick a thermometer up where the sun don't shine. I'm so happy that you have found a good doctor who understands your situation and undersands that your fatigue is a real problem with a real cause. I'm so proud of you for keeping up the fight to find a good doctor. Battling with the medical system can be exhausting in itself and I imagine it was so discouraging when no medical professional would believe you have a real condition. Way to go! *hugs and high fives*
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 07:50 PM   #17743 
JustinieBeanie

Thanks so much Sakura! Im proud of you too for staying positive and motivating others to do the same!

Well all the doctors I've seen know I have Sjogren's syndrome which they cant argue with because its biopsy proven, but most of them don't believe that Sjögren's syndrome would cause my fatigue. Luckily the neurologist I saw and the rhuematologist both readily admitted that it can cause fatigue, but they wanted more tests to rule out anything additional that may have been missed.

I also wanted to scream at that GP- it made me so mad! Oddly enough she is one of the most caring doctors, even people I've ever met, I just think at the time she severely misjudged my fatigue and its causes, maybe she thought she was "helping" by being blunt and saying that, I dont know. Knowing my history with social anxiety maybe she just thought it was that, combined with a teenage sleep schedule. However now that I'm not a teen anymore I still have persistent sleep issues so she knows its not that. I still see her, she's gotten more understanding now and has never said that again. One of the things I might have is narcolepsy, it is tested for with a series of day time naps in a sleep clinic after an overnight sleep study. I had two sleep studies ordered by another doc several years ago, both times they were supposed to do the daytime narcolepsy test and both times they screwed up and didnt do it. Recently I saw that GP after a long time I asked her if the narcolepsy test could be done, and she agreed it should be done and ordered it right away! She said she knows how much the fatigue is weighing on me and she wants to help, so between her being more understanding and the new rheumatologist being so thorough I feel more confident about getting the right additional diagnosis if any, as well as the right treatment!

Good luck and *hugs*!
JustinieBeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 07:11 AM   #17744 
Polkadot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
My rant for the day: Negative attitudes. I've had enough of negative attitudes. Now I'm not a pollyana and goodness knows I am a cynical and jaded person (I recently weirded my brother in law out with my macabre sense of humor) but I do try very hard to see the positive in every situation. It took me a long time to get to this point and it's still sometimes a struggle. But I try.

Like the situation I'm in now. I am on disability for severe social anxiety and obsessive-compulsive disorder that prevents me from being able to hold a job or go back to college or even drive. I live at home still with only the disability as income, which I give most as rent because I want to. I'm at an age where it's really, really embarrassing answering those standard questions "So, what do you do?" "Do you have a boyfriend?" "Do you go to school?" I kind of avoid people who I know will ask those questions because I have no answers.

But strangely enough, I'm happy in my own way. Yeah, I hate the way my life is and I hate the way I am and how I can't get my brain to work the way I want it to. But even though I grapple with depression on an hourly basis, I am actually pretty happy considering everything. I have lots of joy in my life because I look for it. I have a supportive family. I have lots of loving animals and great fish. I have some amazing friends who have stuck with me during times when I can't even stand myself. Especially those friends, almost all of whom I met here through this forum.

And I'm not stuck this way. I CAN work to make my life better. Even if I don't ever conquer the anxiety, at least I tried. And I can be proud of that. I'm not going to sit at home and feel sorry for myself and whine and mope or worse, blame all of my problems on someone else. It's up to ME to look for my happiness and I will.

So I'm tired of negativity and poor me attitudes and sadness. There's enough sadness bombarding us in the face every day. War, poverty, abuse, hunger. I almost can't bear the sadness. So why would I want to purposefully look for more? I wanna look for the hope and joy in life. What about the rest of you? Who wants to join me? :)
This post really made me stop and look at it beause the similarities are unbelievable,also because I pretty much said the exact same thing to myself & family today.
Polkadot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 06:16 PM   #17745 
thekinetic

Sakura I know how you feel and while my ocd is long since conquered I suffer from it remnants. Combine that with my high anxiety and depression it makes being positive hard. Seeing others happy does make me happy though! :D

To be honost most of my anxiety comes from being in the closet, but lord does it make my belly in knots thinking of if I told everyone. O_O Though if I find a guy I don't care what my family thinks because come heck or high water I'm going to love someone. :)
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 06:39 PM   #17746 
FishyFishy89

I swear, pug owners must be the MOST overprotective dog owners I've ever met.
A lab grabbed a pug puppy in jealousy to get attention and in turn had accidentally hurt the puppy and people are crying "get rid of that dog!" "Separate them at all times!"

NO! Doing anything of the like is wrong, selfish and possibly damaging to the puppy. It'll encourage the puppy to fear larger dogs. What you do is teach the adult and the puppy the correct behaviors to use around each other. If one does not behave, remove the dog at question and only add the dog in question back when it has calmed down. Do this enough and it'll soon learn what is allowed and what isn't allowed. Such a simple thing!
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 07:16 PM   #17747 
jaysee
Reference Team

It is a simple thing...

When I get home I'm going to post a video of my 5 lb chihuahua puppy with my parents 100 lb black lab

Last edited by jaysee; 12-28-2013 at 07:22 PM.
jaysee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 07:59 PM   #17748 
Sakura8

Justinie, Polkadot, Kinetic, I'm going to be rooting for all of you in the new year. We can do it! *hugs*

jaysee, lol.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 03:22 AM   #17749 
jaysee
Reference Team

[yt]cj7fA6SIn1g[/yt] what am I all of a sudden doing wrong?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cj7fA6SIn1g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfTuN8A2ssE

Last edited by jaysee; 12-29-2013 at 03:25 AM.
jaysee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 05:04 AM   #17750 
Polkadot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
Justinie, Polkadot, Kinetic, I'm going to be rooting for all of you in the new year. We can do it! *hugs*
Yes! Hugs to you all too & thank you for that great post Sakura8,it's like you read my mind.
Polkadot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou