Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-03-2014, 10:39 PM   #17771 
PetMania

Rant- I can't look at PetFinder without getting frustrated/
PetMania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 10:53 PM   #17772 
AAquarist

Yeah, Petfinder is quite sad. I was also watching youtube videos on rescues. I used to be heavily into rescuing, volunteering and fostering but because of school I just stopped. I miss making a difference but I will always stop for a lost dog...always.

I don't like when people breed their dogs/cats whatsoever. I've seen enough death in my years at the rescues. Not only that but you would not believe some of the excuses these people come up with for getting rid of their animals. My own dog is from a pet store, HOWEVER, we took him from someone who was possibly going to drop him off at a shelter. He was really bad..very mischievous, destructive. Why you ask? He was BORED. He was in the cage all day...out for a few hours at night...back in the cage. He's the sweetest dog alive but you still sometimes see those behaviors of separation anxiety come out. He's the dog everyone else gave up on. He's quite the gem now And he is never in the crate!

Last edited by AAquarist; 01-03-2014 at 10:57 PM.
AAquarist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 11:16 PM   #17773 
dramaqueen
Banned

We "rescued "our dog from a neighbor who kept him tied up outside all day. No one paid any attention to him. One day the guy told my dad he was taking the dog to the pound because they didn't want him anymore. My dad said we would take him. We did and he was the best dog anyone could ever want. He was smart and loving and very protective and loyal. It was heartbreaking when we had to put him to sleep.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 12:06 AM   #17774 
PetMania

Aww, I'm sorry. But in my experience, rescue dogs are the best. They just have so much personality.
Old 01-04-2014, 02:07 AM   #17775 
Aquatail

Petfinder is sad, all those pets without a home. But I'm a lot sadder about the animals that aren't on there. The animals on Petfinder are at rescues and being cared for at least, but then there's the all the strays that are still on the street.

With all this talk about rescuing animals, my rant for the day shall be about free-roaming pets. How am I suppose to tell a lost cat from a cat that's just wandering down the street near it's home? I imagine a lot of people don't bother picking up strays because they don't know they're lost.
Aquatail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 05:40 AM   #17776 
jaysee
Reference Team

Nothing is sadder than the ASPCA commercials.
jaysee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 01:00 PM   #17777 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysee View Post
Nothing is sadder than the ASPCA commercials.
Especially since all the money goes to their commercials not the animals that actually need it.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 01:24 PM   #17778 
LittleBettaFish

Stupid ankle pain. I don't know what is causing it, but my ankles get this cold, throbbing pain where it feels like I need to crack my ankle joint, but I can't. Usually a heat pack helps but everyone just thinks I am being a wuss about it.

Some days I don't even do a lot of physical exertion and they still hurt. I suppose I'd better go to the doctor but I'm afraid that they are just going to say nothing is wrong as that is what happened when I got an ultrasound to figure out why I was having such painful periods.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 01:49 PM   #17779 
PetMania

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy89 View Post
Especially since all the money goes to their commercials not the animals that actually need it.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
That is so true. And how are they supposed to make enough money for what they ask? It may hold a few shelters up, but surely not all of them.

Whenever I see one of those commercials, I turn the channel to avoid the heartache.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettaFish View Post
Stupid ankle pain. I don't know what is causing it, but my ankles get this cold, throbbing pain where it feels like I need to crack my ankle joint, but I can't. Usually a heat pack helps but everyone just thinks I am being a wuss about it.

Some days I don't even do a lot of physical exertion and they still hurt. I suppose I'd better go to the doctor but I'm afraid that they are just going to say nothing is wrong as that is what happened when I got an ultrasound to figure out why I was having such painful periods.
Aww, I'm sorry. I hope you feel better.

Rant-I keep sleeping in past my alarm clock and it's driving me crazy!
Old 01-04-2014, 02:20 PM   #17780 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Rant: I did not realize there are people living in 21st century America (or any modern society) who would go on a hunger strike to sustain bigotry and oppression. Well, I did realize... I just didn't know anyone would be foolish enough to try it.

Honestly, at least it's a peaceful method of protest.
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou