Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-17-2014, 02:06 AM   #17831 
Sakura8

:( My mom's cousin is in the hospital in critical condition with pneumonia. He's in a medically induced coma and a respirator and is "gravely ill." To make matters worse, the hospital he's at is a small one that is not very good. Apart from liking this cousin a lot, I'd feel awful for my mom if this cousin does not pull through (heaven forbid!) because she's the only surviving member of her immediate family now and she is very close to this cousin. She has had a lot of sadness and loss in her life.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 01:36 PM   #17832 
thekinetic

Sakura I know how you feel, one of my mom's sistes is deathly ill with a brain tumor. The doctors gave her a week, my mom is not going to take it well. Though it kills me to see her like that I know I must be strong for her. T_T

I'll say a prayer for your mom's cousin while I'm praying for my aunt.:)
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 01:57 PM   #17833 
AAquarist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
:( My mom's cousin is in the hospital in critical condition with pneumonia. He's in a medically induced coma and a respirator and is "gravely ill." To make matters worse, the hospital he's at is a small one that is not very good. Apart from liking this cousin a lot, I'd feel awful for my mom if this cousin does not pull through (heaven forbid!) because she's the only surviving member of her immediate family now and she is very close to this cousin. She has had a lot of sadness and loss in her life.
I am so sorry Sakura8 :( Good thoughts going your way!
AAquarist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 01:33 AM   #17834 
Sakura8

Thank you kinetic and AAquarist. Kinetic, I will keep your aunt in my prayers and thoughts too.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 06:55 PM   #17835 
PetMania

I wish you the best, Sakura.

Rant: My dad's extrememly bad temper. I had a panic attack in the car yesterday after getting fish supplies *I am getting a goldfish*, and I hyperventalated and almost had to go to the hospital. I had to take Alieve/Advil because my abdomen hurt so much from crying and gasping. Panic attacks are very frightening.
PetMania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 08:17 PM   #17836 
thekinetic

Yes they are PetMania, I get them now and then. It's rare that I get them while out so I usually just go lie down and curl into a ball until it passes. have you tried meditation? I have gotten them while out and when it happens I close my eyes and imagine a void all around me, and in the void I can cut out distractions and thought until the panic passes.
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 08:22 PM   #17837 
LittleBettaFish

I suffer from anxiety. I don't get panic attacks, but what helps with me when my thoughts are racing and I start getting clammy, faster breathing, nausea etc. is to think of the colour black. It sounds similar to what Thekinetic does (I just don't close my eyes), but I simply visualise my mind as being nothing but blackness and it helps stop the anxious thoughts. If I am particularly anxious I find repeating the word 'black' while doing this helps as it gives me something to focus on.

However, this is something you would probably need to do before the actual panic attack occurs. You have to recognise the signs that your anxiety is reaching that threshold and react before you lose that control.
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 11:40 AM   #17838 
PetMania

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettaFish View Post
I suffer from anxiety. I don't get panic attacks, but what helps with me when my thoughts are racing and I start getting clammy, faster breathing, nausea etc. is to think of the colour black. It sounds similar to what Thekinetic does (I just don't close my eyes), but I simply visualise my mind as being nothing but blackness and it helps stop the anxious thoughts. If I am particularly anxious I find repeating the word 'black' while doing this helps as it gives me something to focus on.

However, this is something you would probably need to do before the actual panic attack occurs. You have to recognise the signs that your anxiety is reaching that threshold and react before you lose that control.
Yeah, I tried to think about positive things, but abuse was racing in my mind, so I guess I need to try something else. Thank you, this really helps a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekinetic View Post
Yes they are PetMania, I get them now and then. It's rare that I get them while out so I usually just go lie down and curl into a ball until it passes. have you tried meditation? I have gotten them while out and when it happens I close my eyes and imagine a void all around me, and in the void I can cut out distractions and thought until the panic passes.
Hmm, I don't know how my mom would feel about that, but it's hard to stop a panic attack when my dad is still yelling at me how pathetic I am and other things I do not wish to mention. But I will try that, thank you I get the ones in which I almost suffocate, so trying to stay calm would be best.
Old 01-19-2014, 11:50 AM   #17839 
tiffanylucky

My sister left to go back to collage. Also this morgning, after I cleaned the dishes from breakfast, I clean the sink. Then when I'm almost finished, my dad sweeps a bunch of crumbs in the sink . Then he gets mad at me for being mad at him. He could have jut swept the crumbs in his hand and then put it in the trash can. He never lissens to me. This is why he works instead of my mom.
tiffanylucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 11:54 AM   #17840 
PetMania

My parents are like that. I will clean something, they dirtify it, and I usually don't say anything, but when I do it to them, I get sent to my room? REALLY?

My mom gets a bad temper, but it is usually directed towards my sister, so we both have to deal with verbal abuse, but she doesn't get panic attacks.