Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-22-2010, 12:07 AM   #171 
prettylittlefishy

Agreed Mary lol.
prettylittlefishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 01:19 AM   #172 
CodeRed

Saame. I LOVE getting the fish, designing the tanks, and interacting with the fish, but the water changes I could do without.
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 03:03 AM   #173 
metalbetta

Agreed x10. Did 3 of my 6 just now. *headdesk*... I wish they'd change their own water. Things would be so much nicer if they were self sufficient, ya know? lol
metalbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 06:17 PM   #174 
CodeRed

I'm really depressed today. It turns out I'll probably not be going to the reptile expo for a couple more months (something I've been looking forward to for quite awhile). Mother says it seems like my snakes are too much work for me, and that I should stick to two for awhile. This ticks me off, since I've been endlessly taking care of my pets since I started getting them over a year ago. NO ONE ELSE has EVER helped me with my pets. Not even for a simple WATER CHANGE or SPOT CLEAN. I feed them, I bathe them, I clean them and their tanks, and I pay for them. I handle those that need it, and interact with those who can't be handled. I help them when they're sick, and walk those who can be walked when it's nice out. And now, because of the Happi episode, mother has decided that I can't handle anymore snakes. Like this past year hasn't happened at all. Like I haven't taken care of my animals, without fail, for a whole year with no incidents. Like I haven't taken more care of my FISH and SNAKES than my brother took care of his DOG. She keeps making excuses, saying that I'm just not READY. I have money, tanks, food, and everything that they need. I handle them, and love them, and just... blah.
And then my math teacher is a douche who doesn't TEACH. He gives us homework, and then lets us slug through things we have no idea how to do. And then when I wrote a problem wrong, he pretty much mocked me in front of the class. And when I was doing a wrong problem, due to HIS miswrite, he didn't TELL ME. AT ALL. He sat and watched while I did the hardest problem. So I did about 10 problems I didn't have to do.
Finally, my mom promised that she would take me to rent a game WITH MY OWN MONEY, by the way, and today she said that I couldn't do it, AKA she didn't want to take me. I can't wait to drive. Stupid laws making me wait another half year. There goes my stress reliever.

All in all, for those tldr; Today, this past week, and I imagine the rest of the month have and will suck.
Old 08-22-2010, 06:28 PM   #175 
Betta Slave

I'm sorry CR- about the way your mom is acting (I get a fair share of that myself.) and about your math teacher! I had a math teacher exactly like that. He even made people in the class cry.

My rant for today-
I DON'T WANT SCHOOL TO START >.<
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 06:44 PM   #176 
doggyhog

I start school tomorrow!! :D

Rant: I called my sister and she hung up on me. Blah.
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 06:58 PM   #177 
CodeRed

o_o; Why'd she do that, DH?

And that would... really stink, BS. My mom's a pain, but... GAH. I just can't make excuses for it -.- ALTHOUGH, she made it sound like I might be able to go to the expo this weekend....? I'm so confused. I'd be so excited, though o_o;
Old 08-22-2010, 07:10 PM   #178 
doggyhog

Have no clue...
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 07:13 PM   #179 
Betta Slave

I have another rant.

I have writer's-block. And now I'm editing Chapter One AND Chapter Two. Because I want to. And now I'm stuck. >.<

I hope you get to go, CR!
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 09:38 PM   #180 
JaspersANGEL

I discovered this morning that whatever was bothering Charlie, finally came out, I think. He looked a bit bloated, deformed and had a small white ball of fuzz on his dorsal fin, which he managed to get rid of.

As much as I love my little man, never get betta's from Petsmart, their just trouble.
Jasper was from Petsmart and he turned out to be a gem, but he was in the front row on the shelf, so less likely to have been in the store a long time.
But because I wanted a red one, and Petsmart has more blues than any other color, I had to dig, and there was this scrawny cambodian mix wayy in the back with gorgeous long fins. Big no no, betta's in the back of the shelf have been there the longest and most likely forgotten.

Betta's from Big Al's are more badly kept I find, but they get only a few in and I don't think their there for long.

Just my thoughts

Though I like the feeling of saving the betta's we get from Petsmart, and giving them a better home, sometimes their more trouble then expected.

But in honour of my poor Jas boy I'll keep on saving them, just I'll take one from the front of the shelf this time *lol*

Anti-rant: I'm on my laptop, on the internet at work *YaY*
JaspersANGEL is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou