Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-05-2010, 04:04 PM   #1801 
Jessiefish

^ I'm sorry, fleetfish! About your back and tank. I fell on the stairs on Thursday and I'm still hurting (getting old sucks), so I know how you feel.
Jessiefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 04:35 PM   #1802 
demonicangel132007

I can't stand that all I've been able to do for the past couple of days is argue with my mom and brother. He's 18 and still gets babied, so everything he does is my fault.

My mother has gotten into this habit of talking about me like I'm not here, mostly when I'm in the room. "Oh, she doesn't have a job. She lays in bed all day. Blah, blah, blah." I suffer with depression, so it is a little hard for me to get out of bed each and every day, I hardly ever leave my room, and I do have a job...okay, so it isn't a high paying job and I actually have to work really hard in order to make money at it but it's still income.

The only person I can stand in this house is my dad and that is probably only because he works all the time, and then when he is home he is usually doing stuff for Mom, who talks to him the same way she does to me which makes him the only person who understands how I feel.

I have come to accept the fact that we don't have as much money as we use to with all of the bills and the crappy economy yet my younger brother still begs to eat out every night and when we don't he usually goes without after throwing a tantrum. [/rant]

Sorry, it's just some stuff I wanted to get out of my head...
demonicangel132007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 04:49 PM   #1803 
Capricorn

That's okay Angel, it's what this thread is for. <3

anti-rant; World of Warcraft: Cataclysm comes out tomorrow night 8D
Capricorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 04:56 PM   #1804 
metalbetta

Lost my voice. It's mostly back today, but still sounds icky.

Damian's sick again. This time with bloat (he's not pooping), and an infection on his tail. It's not rotting, but there's definitely something up with it. Right now just treating with AQ salt just in case it turns into a fin rot-type thing. He's lethargic but has an appetite, but I'm going to be fasting him for a bit just to see if he'll actually take a poo. His gills are worse than before, so I'll be looking into medications. Anyone know of a good medication for inflamed gills?
Gah. I think I'm going to have to put Azrael into the divided 10 gal instead, since Damian doesn't need any more stress right now.

I guess that's my rant.
metalbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 06:18 PM   #1805 
Betta Slave

I'm sorry to go into detail, but there's a pimple under my skin and it really hurts. And I can't get it to go away. I washed it, dryed it out, put rubbing alcohol on it, and I'm just hoping it'll go away by tomorrow... or the Christmas dance, at least!
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 06:26 PM   #1806 
JKfish

Betta Slave: From personal experience my advise is take a damp wash cloth and heat it up in the microwave for about 10-15 or so seconds enough for it to get warm/as hot as you can stand, and keep it pressed to the area where the pimple is. Keep doing this, and re-heating it for a while , and eventually it'll come out because the warmth and moisture will open up your pores. Sometimes it takes repeated uses over a day or so, but eventually it'll work.
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 06:51 PM   #1807 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm so sorry, fleetfish! I hope your back feels better soon. I'm sorry about the tank, too.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 06:56 PM   #1808 
dramaqueen
Banned

I've been having problems with my left foot hurting me. I get these charlie horses in the very top of my foot by my ankle and they hurt like heck.
Old 12-05-2010, 06:58 PM   #1809 
demonicangel132007

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
I've been having problems with my left foot hurting me. I get these charlie horses in the very top of my foot by my ankle and they hurt like heck.
Ugh, I get those, too. I've been woken many times by a charlie horse grabbing me in the back of the calf. Ouch!
demonicangel132007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 07:04 PM   #1810 
dramaqueen
Banned

I get them in my calf, too but this is in the top of my foot and sometimes my big toe will stick straight up! It's wierd.

Tags
bettathanyou