Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-11-2014, 11:45 AM   #18181 
MichaelMyers
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysee View Post
You'll need better bait than that my friend
Wasn't baiting and not your friend. Just stating the obvious.
MichaelMyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 06:06 PM   #18182 
RainbowhLizzie

I will try to keep it short but my mother called me a disappointment for being number 5 in my entire junior class. I was saludatorian, but dropped to 5th due to the constant ranting and arguments of my parents' recent, violent divorce. I never tell them that, though, because they already have enough troubles with each other. But you can only take being called a diappointment so many times before you crack. So I told her why my grades were falling.
Then she said I was unfair and selfish for saying that. I mean. I don't know ehat else to say. I am trying my best. My absolute best. I gave up a social life, pets, happiness, so much to make her happy. But it's not enough. Is it so much to ask to just feel like she is proud of me.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
RainbowhLizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 06:44 PM   #18183 
PetMania

Sorry about that, Lizzie. My mother has called me many things that really sting. Crackhead, brat, ungrateful, and the most hurtful, the b word.

Rant: My language arts teacher gave me an F on a rough draft (ROUGH DRAFT) because one of my paragraphs had 3 sentences instead of 5. I went on Microsoft Word and wrote TRIPLE the amount in EACH paragraph, and she is still going to give me half credit. Which is still an F.

My science teacher is being really rude again. She's starting to yell at us like we are kindergardeners or something.
PetMania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 07:02 PM   #18184 
Chipl

Sounds exactly like my middle school years. Will be mentioned extensively in my book.
Chipl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 09:07 PM   #18185 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

I've leaned that you can't go wrong while following your teachers instructions exactly. My English teacher gives us an outline of the assignment and we better complete every last detail or risk docked marks.

No fun but I've learned tons.
MattsBettas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 11:35 PM   #18186 
ThetaSigma

Nausea and the shakes today. Totally not cool. Heart rate up too, although that's not unusual for me. (Usually 100-117 bpm. o.o )

I hate feeling sick.

EDIT: cramping real bad now. ):

Last edited by ThetaSigma; 02-11-2014 at 11:39 PM.
ThetaSigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 12:55 AM   #18187 
Bluewind

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainbowhLizzie View Post
I will try to keep it short but my mother called me a disappointment for being number 5 in my entire junior class. I was saludatorian, but dropped to 5th due to the constant ranting and arguments of my parents' recent, violent divorce. I never tell them that, though, because they already have enough troubles with each other. But you can only take being called a diappointment so many times before you crack. So I told her why my grades were falling.
Then she said I was unfair and selfish for saying that. I mean. I don't know ehat else to say. I am trying my best. My absolute best. I gave up a social life, pets, happiness, so much to make her happy. But it's not enough. Is it so much to ask to just feel like she is proud of me.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
She's wrong sweetie. You did an amazing job. Much better than most. And we aren't in charge of our parents happiness. What she is doing to you is verbal abuse and is killing your self esteem and self worth. Trust me. I know. I had an abusive mother myself.

Are you seeing a licensed psychologist? Talking it out with someone trained can really help. He or she (be sure to specify if you have a preference) may suggest medicine, but they can also teach you coping techniques and alternative therapies. It's well worth the time. And they should have a program in your area for mental health to pay for most if not all of the cost.

By the way, is she depressed? Does she have any conditions that effect mood like manic depressive? If she's on meds, is she taking them like she should? She could benefit from going to a psychologist and seeing if she needs treatment too which in turn would help you as well.
Posted via Mobile Device
Bluewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 01:14 AM   #18188 
ThetaSigma

~~RainbowhLizzie~~

People can make bad choices if they're stressed out. If she said something like that, she's wrong or didn't mean it. (I know I can say some nasty stuff when I'm angry, upset, or stressed... Usually I don't mean it)

My mother has manic depressive, anxiety, and PTSD, and sometimes she snaps, but she never means it. It gets a lot worse when she doesn't take her medications.

My dad snaps too, but even if he's sorry, sometimes he's too proud to admit it. We're both aspies and have similar attitudes. He's also just really narrow minded, too, and has difficulty thinking outside the box. Fortunately I think I can be more accepting than him.

Getting bad grades sucks. Once I get them, I feel too overwhelmed to start working again. I'm seeing a professional psychologist, and I know talking with her helps me (when I actually focus). I convinced my dad to get counseling too, and he's doing better.

I have had success with doing private appointments for me and my dad separately, and then a combined appointment every so often. We still argue a lot, because I push for animal rights and he just doesn't want/care to know. (Probably because 'out of sight, of of mind' or something.)
Old 02-12-2014, 01:16 AM   #18189 
cheekysquirrel

We have builders putting up units on the lot behind our house. They have their port-a-potty in our front garden. This morning I woke up to the sound of gushing water, so I stumbled to the window to make sure our newly-repaired tap hadn't burst again. Good news, the tap is fine. Bad news, one of the builders was peeing in the port-a-potty WITH THE DOOR WIDE OPEN. JESUS WEPT, people LIVE in this house, dude! We don't want to be able to comment on your stance when you use the loo! If the toilet has a door, you should use it.
cheekysquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 01:55 AM   #18190 
ThetaSigma

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekysquirrel View Post
We have builders putting up units on the lot behind our house. They have their port-a-potty in our front garden. This morning I woke up to the sound of gushing water, so I stumbled to the window to make sure our newly-repaired tap hadn't burst again. Good news, the tap is fine. Bad news, one of the builders was peeing in the port-a-potty WITH THE DOOR WIDE OPEN. JESUS WEPT, people LIVE in this house, dude! We don't want to be able to comment on your stance when you use the loo! If the toilet has a door, you should use it.
Ewwww

He really ought to just close the door!

Tags
bettathanyou