Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-13-2014, 12:48 AM   #18241 
RainbowhLizzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekysquirrel View Post
RainbowhLizzie, I have to chime in here.
The short answer is yes, she could get in a LOT of trouble.
However, YOU could get in trouble if she doesn't. What do you think would happen if you made a complaint, not enough "evidence" could be found, and you were left in her care? How do you think she would react? If she becomes emotionally and verbally abusive because you've had some problems with grades, then I really do shudder to think.
I'm not trying to persuade you not to make a complaint, because what you've told us is very upsetting and my heart hurts for you.
But I think that you need to think very carefully about what your next step will be.

I have no training, so please take my advice with a grain of salt if you want. But I implore you to have regular sessions with your counselor. At least once a week. If I were in your position, I would tell your counselor EXACTLY what you have told us.

I'm not trying to insult you, or your mother. I know how deep love can go for a parent, no matter what that parent does. And that's OK. But at the end of the day, you can't worry about what's going to happen to your mother, especially if your own physical or emotional safety is at stake
This seems like it would be too much added stess for me. I will try calling the hotline. Hopefully they can help too.
I can't help but feel guilty about this though. She took care of me my whole life. The least I could do is endure my last year with her, for her sake. I don't know.
I have told my counselor tidbits of what I have ranted here, and he agrees that custody should be to my dad.

I really appreciate everyone's support. I don't really have anyone to talk to about these things as they always get relayed back to my mom in one way or another.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
RainbowhLizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 12:56 AM   #18242 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm so sorry you have to go through all this. I hope everything works out for you. We're here for you when you need to talk. "hugs"
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 01:25 AM   #18243 
Bluewind

Glad we can at least do something to help. Good people do exist online and it's always nice to stumble on them, especially when you're in need.

You sound like my kinda guy Matts! I have a bookshelf of old expired textbooks a college bookstore GAVE me a few years back. I had a blast with med books, math games and problems, psychology (ab psy is the most intriguing to me), and some very cool history books. As far as meds, I agree. My bettas have always had illness treated with aquarium/epsom salt (depending on problem), lots of clean water, and/or heat. I do keep some declorinator with stress coat for when I need it, but must of the time even that isn't needed as right now I'm on well water.

<font size="1"><i>Posted via Mobile Device</i></font>

Last edited by Bluewind; 02-13-2014 at 01:29 AM.
Bluewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 09:28 AM   #18244 
Ezzie

My rant for today: Not having enough funds / space for other fish projects.

There is the most adorable lionhead goldfish at work, a pretty light gold with an adorable little mustache
I have been eyeballing him for weeks & he is the first one i check on when i start my shift just to make sure he is still there.
I have grown attached to his squishy looking face & while i would love to adopt him i don't have the money or space to fit another tank into my life.
My heart says save him but my brain says no!

Currently i have a 5.5 fully planted with my male betta & harlequin rasboras (plus my little lone guppy fry that came free with my last purchase of cherry shrimp)

+2 2.5 gallons with my females each.

I'm also setting up another fully planted 5 gallon for one of the females (the other i will be giving away) so in the end i will only have 2 tanks up and running.

I have been researching the care needed for the goldfish but i simply don't have the money or space to give him a 20-30 gallon
The only spare tank i have to use is my old fluval EBI which is about 8 gallons & i know that's not nearly big enough..

I hate taking on a project & seeing another fish soul that needs saving or that you become attached to.
I just don't know if i should scap my new build, give my 2 females away and set up a temporary 10 gallon or just continue with that i'm doing.. /sigh, woes of working with animals...
Ezzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 09:50 AM   #18245 
dramaqueen
Banned

I still have a few of my old textbooks from college. I threw out a few before moving but I kept my abnormal psychology book. Some of the info is outdated though.
Old 02-13-2014, 11:41 AM   #18246 
jaysee
Reference Team

I'm watching Olympic figure skating. This afternoon I have easily seen a dozen people fall. Not counting all the falls I saw yesterday. I can't remember seeing so many skaters hit the ice.
jaysee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 12:17 PM   #18247 
dramaqueen
Banned

The skiers too. Its not fun skiing on ice.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-13-2014, 12:17 PM   #18248 
jaysee
Reference Team

And the snowboarders in the halfpipe...
jaysee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 12:53 PM   #18249 
Flint

RainbowhLizzie, I couldn't find your original post, but from what I read the last couple of pages sounds EXACTLY like what I went through with my mom. Emancipation takes at least a year to finalize. Feel free to PM me and I don't want to discourage you, but be careful who you talk to in school. My SROs and the three councelors I saw during my three years of high school turned around and told my mother EVERYTHING when I left. I was so broken by this I never returned (I was 1/4 of the way through my senior year). I am now about to start getting my diploma and again, I do not want to discourage you, I had to move out while my mom was at work and not tell anyone she was so bad) but please watch what you say to those who can be directly accessed. I was tricked by the "things are confidential unless you're in danger speech" and my mom went to school claiming I had run away despite the note I left saying I'm safe (she failed to mention this one to the cops when she called them on me) and a runaway is all the school needs to spill everything apparently. They all knew I just turned 18, too. DCF came to my house a good 6 times a year at least and they really just don't care. I even asked a worker one time "Why does nobody see something is wrong here? My step-brother is running away on a regular basis now." And I was told "kids run away all the time because they get grounded. We can't help you." It's very sad. Try to hang in there and if you need ANYTHING PM me.
Posted via Mobile Device
Flint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 01:10 PM   #18250 
Aquatail

RainbowhLizzie, I'm afraid I don't have any advice that could help you, but I want you to know that, like dramaqueen said, we're here for you and I hope things get better.
Aquatail is offline   Reply With Quote