Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-06-2010, 09:36 PM   #1831 
metalbetta

Anti rant: Boyfriend's cooking again. Korean style ribs. OMG :))))
metalbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 09:40 PM   #1832 
JKfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalbetta View Post
Anti rant: Boyfriend's cooking again. Korean style ribs. OMG :))))
:D This message is approved by JKFish

lol, Metal betta, my mom and I cooked that yesterday or the day before.

rant: I shouldn't have chosen such unreliable team mates for this important project >.< .
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 12:23 AM   #1833 
metalbetta

Good to know you approve, JK :)

They were awesome by the way!
metalbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 02:07 AM   #1834 
demonicangel132007

Anti rant: So I had this brief fantasy yesterday about opening and owning my own pet shop. One with fish, hamsters, lizards, maybe birds (only because the one we have is currently aggravating me), a bunch of other small animals that I can't remember at the moment. Fascinated by the set-up on the homepage here. Even considered pushing my feelings for education aside (it stinks) and signing up for some business classes at the local college here. But...(here comes the rant)

Rant: I'm already at least 40K in debt right now from the last college I went to for graphic design, I received a letter today saying that my first payment is due the 28th of this month when the last letter they sent me said I wouldn't have to pay until March. The only job I have is working for ChaCha, answering questions sent in by people for a mere $.02/question only paying out on the 15th of the month if I have over $150, which I did for last month but it didn't go through and I get embarrassed every time I go to the bank to withdraw more money for gas, food, whatever, and watch the numbers decrease.

The problem with opening a pet shop is that I would have to move to a much bigger town than I'm already in. Since part of the reason the only pet shop in town shut down because (not only were they selling more than pets, if you know what I mean) not many people were interested in buying pets. Or maybe it was because of the kind he had--it was mostly saltwater fish, rows and rows of snakes, an aquarium of turtles, a few birds, and hamsters. Also, with the economy the way it is people can barely afford to feed/care for themselves & their families let alone their pets. Grr, this is such a frustrating feeling.

Rant #2: I just found out that while I was away at that crappy college for two years that my mother tried to kill my turtle on numerous occasions because it'd be one less thing for her to take care of. He is also in a little aquarium that he doesn't need to be in, but when I bought him (from the previously mentioned shut-down pet store) they told me all I needed to do was feed him, change his water, and he won't get bigger than the tank he's in (at that time it was maybe a gallon, if that). Which after joined the red ear slider forum I found out is a huge lie, where with fish the rule of thumb is 1 gallon per inch of fish, it's 10 gallons per inch of turtle. UGH!

Another reason I want to have my own pet store, after I educate myself on every animal I intend to sell so that the future owners aren't fed a bunch of lies.

Yeah, I'm probably crazy. Before the pet store idea, there was the bakery idea, the moving to Florida/California getting a job in movies , being a teacher (lasted a week), an editor, and social worker. I'm a (crazy) girl who can't make up her mind.

And if you read all of this, I applaud you. -shuts up-
demonicangel132007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 03:04 AM   #1835 
wallywestisthebest333

Hey DA(buncha#'s). I'm sorry about your situation. =[ So you didn't get any work after you got out of school? :[ My sister's majoring in graphic design and her Long-term boyfriend is majoring in anthropology/archeology. She thinks she'll be making money for the both of them. :[ Should I start begging her to switch majors? She's good but well.... I'm really worried. :[

ALSO an easy way to give your turtle a good home is to just buy one of those big Rubbermaid or Sterelite containers that you store stuff like clothes in. =] it can be clear or opaque doesn't matter. =] If you wash it out with hot water (ONLY) then it's awesome for use as a tank. =] Some people here breed their fish and keep the fry in Sterelite and Rubbermaid containers. =]
These containers are especially well suited for colder water creatures such as turtles and goldfish. =] If I can find some pics to post on your profile page I will. =]

RANT: NIGHTMARES AND NIGHT TERRORS. I'M 19!!!!!!!! UHG!!!!!!!!!!! It's all because (I hope) I've been on a really messed up sleep schedule and I've gone for days without sleep then I've gotten small amounts of sleep in between. :[ uhg. Well at least I know what's going on so I can fix it.

Apparently some great solutions are exercise, yoga, and meditation.

Also I might be having it because I've been really anxious, guilty, and slightly depressed lately. All of those are major factors as well.I'd go to the guidance office but I don't have time right now... plus... well.... my trust in people is ever-eroding. :/

Oh well. I've eaten some chocolate chips and now I'm working on my first real meal of the past 24 hours (Nachos! :D I FOUND THE VELVETA!!! HURRAH!!!) so after I finish that I'll have some more chocolate chips, some coffee and then I'll study for my econ exam that's next Tuesday. =]

I hope this ends soon or that it goes away once I get home. <3 That would be wonderful. It should anyway. I mean the bed I have here is MAYBE 5 inches thick whereas my bed at home is easily a foot thick with a padded top built in and a box-spring underneath (although the bed frame is broken! XD) so sleep should be both obtained and carried out much more easily. =]

but yeah. I thought I'd rant. XD I mean I'm up so what ELSE am I gonna do? XD
wallywestisthebest333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 03:07 AM   #1836 
wallywestisthebest333

Oh hey congrats xswornxoffxjello! =] I'm glad they found your ipod! =] I hope you get your money back! and good luck with your kitty! <3
Old 12-07-2010, 03:12 AM   #1837 
demonicangel132007

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallywestisthebest333 View Post
Hey DA(buncha#'s). I'm sorry about your situation. =[ So you didn't get any work after you got out of school? :[ My sister's majoring in graphic design and her Long-term boyfriend is majoring in anthropology/archeology. She thinks she'll be making money for the both of them. :[ Should I start begging her to switch majors? She's good but well.... I'm really worried. :[

ALSO an easy way to give your turtle a good home is to just buy one of those big Rubbermaid or Sterelite containers that you store stuff like clothes in. =] it can be clear or opaque doesn't matter. =] If you wash it out with hot water (ONLY) then it's awesome for use as a tank. =] Some people here breed their fish and keep the fry in Sterelite and Rubbermaid containers. =]
These containers are especially well suited for colder water creatures such as turtles and goldfish. =] If I can find some pics to post on your profile page I will. =]
The thing about graphic design is...it really doesn't matter if you have a degree or not. When applying for a job, the only thing the employers look at is the portfolio (which I don't have) I ended up learning how to use most of the Adobe programs from Google searches.

The thing about the Rubbermaid containers is...I live in a house with three cats who for the most part forgets that he's there. I found an aquarium that I want to get him, but right now it's getting the money that is stressing me out.
Old 12-07-2010, 03:40 AM   #1838 
wallywestisthebest333

? If they forget that he's there then why would the sterelite containers be a problem? =] Do they forget he's in his 1 gallon and NOT go after him or are they constantly trying to attack him?

Storage containers usually come with lids already. =] you can punch some holes in the lids and put them on when you're away to put your mind at ease. =] they're also MUCH cheaper than tanks... wait I have a CUTE youtube video of this! =]

Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOdynXa9wXQ
and here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTmGw...eature=related

here's a picture from the youtuber's blog (it's in Japanese or something. :/ I can't read it. :/)

Just know though that (I'm not sure but) I think you're not usually supposed to keep a goldfish and a turtle together.. I think turtles eat goldfish correct? Or am I wrong? I know little to nothing about turtles. :/

That person keeps their goldfish and turtle in a storage container (that used to have wheels) and things are working out well. =]

Basically you do everything you do for an aquarium for a storage container and things work exactly the same. =] you add a filter and a heater, some plants and you're good to go. =]

If you don't have the space though then I totally understand. =]

Just thought I'd give you a cheaper, more easily available option. =]

LOL I just realized that they have an algae problem in their tank(container). I'd try to keep yours away from the window (I think theirs is by the window) so that it doesn't get so much sun. =]

Last edited by wallywestisthebest333; 12-07-2010 at 03:42 AM.
Old 12-07-2010, 03:55 AM   #1839 
demonicangel132007

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallywestisthebest333 View Post
? If they forget that he's there then why would the sterelite containers be a problem? =] Do they forget he's in his 1 gallon and NOT go after him or are they constantly trying to attack him?

Storage containers usually come with lids already. =] you can punch some holes in the lids and put them on when you're away to put your mind at ease. =] they're also MUCH cheaper than tanks... wait I have a CUTE youtube video of this! =]

Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOdynXa9wXQ
and here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTmGw...eature=related

here's a picture from the youtuber's blog (it's in Japanese or something. :/ I can't read it. :/)

Just know though that (I'm not sure but) I think you're not usually supposed to keep a goldfish and a turtle together.. I think turtles eat goldfish correct? Or am I wrong? I know little to nothing about turtles. :/

That person keeps their goldfish and turtle in a storage container (that used to have wheels) and things are working out well. =]

Basically you do everything you do for an aquarium for a storage container and things work exactly the same. =] you add a filter and a heater, some plants and you're good to go. =]

If you don't have the space though then I totally understand. =]

Just thought I'd give you a cheaper, more easily available option. =]
Yeah, if I move him to a bigger container they'll realize he's there and keep trying to get him. Some people do put feeder goldfish in with turtles since they are omnivores but it's kind of a no-no, since goldfish are fattier than rosy red minnows--lol, I've recently done my research. I have this whole tank thing set up in my mind for him. It's amazing he's lived as long as he has in these conditions, he's losing some pieces on his shell so I'm just wanting to get him to a healthy level.
Old 12-07-2010, 04:01 AM   #1840 
wallywestisthebest333

ALSO I just saw that they bow out really bad when filled with water so you'll want to keep it only half full if you can.

Ah neat! I didn't expect turtles to be omnivores! :D That's really interesting! =]

I hope you get the set-up you want for him soon! =] And I hope he gets to feeling better! <3

How big is he right now anyway?

Tags
bettathanyou