Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-27-2014, 12:11 AM   #18701 
dramaqueen
Banned

I don't have good tasting water where I live. We have to buy bottled water. I have never lived anywhere where the water tastes so nasty! Even Ohio river water doesn't taste this awful.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 12:28 AM   #18702 
Bluewind

You poor dear

Have you found anything, filter or otherwise, that makes it good enough to at least cook with? I would HATE to have to buy all the water I would need for that. Besides expense, it would be crazy heavy to bring in :-/
Posted via Mobile Device
Bluewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 12:43 AM   #18703 
LittleBettaFish

Our water is good here but I can't just drink water straight from the tap. I have to have it refrigerator cold.

The nicest water I have ever tasted is the water from my grandparents' farm. It is tank water and it tastes so pure and earthy.

Also I agree if something is infected definitely go to the doctor. I had a rooster spur my foot and it turned red and swelled up within a couple of hours. Turns out I had cellulitis and it was very painful and there was a danger that it could spread further up my leg. Thankfully I was born nowadays. I think I'd probably have been dead from blood poisoning or something if I had been around in medieval times.
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 01:01 AM   #18704 
dramaqueen
Banned

My brother has a filter and it doesn't make much difference.
Old 02-27-2014, 01:35 AM   #18705 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

We have great tap water here... For humans. Tap is so much better for drinking as long as it doesn't taste like crap- bottles are awful for the environment and bottled is way more expensive too.

We have a filter inside our fridge that I drink from, tastes the same as tap just colder haha.

I'm sorry for all your troubles, bluewind~
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 02:44 AM   #18706 
logisticsguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettaFish View Post
Our water is good here but I can't just drink water straight from the tap. I have to have it refrigerator cold.

The nicest water I have ever tasted is the water from my grandparents' farm. It is tank water and it tastes so pure and earthy.

Also I agree if something is infected definitely go to the doctor. I had a rooster spur my foot and it turned red and swelled up within a couple of hours. Turns out I had cellulitis and it was very painful and there was a danger that it could spread further up my leg. Thankfully I was born nowadays. I think I'd probably have been dead from blood poisoning or something if I had been around in medieval times.
I had cellulitis too LBF. It did spread up my leg and I got to the hospital just in time. I was in for a week and it almost killed me then had to carry an intravenous antibiotic pump machine with me for another 2 weeks. Very serious stuff that blood poisoning.
logisticsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 11:54 AM   #18707 
dramaqueen
Banned

Yet another dr appointmemt for my mom. I'm also going to Petco.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-27-2014, 01:26 PM   #18708 
FishyFishy89

Ty Blue for your concern. My headache is gone. I Wouldnt be surprised if my occasional headache is a cause of dehydration. I drink a lot of tea and some soda. Idk why, I dislike drinking water. I've tried bottled, filtered and tap. Only time I actually drink water is when I am exercising.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 02:27 PM   #18709 
dramaqueen
Banned

Sad looking bettas at petco
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-27-2014, 02:55 PM   #18710 
LittleBettaFish

My skin is so crap. I'm 24 and I still get these huge whiteheads that cause big, painful swellings and take ages before they come to a head. Then they leave scars behind that don't seem to really fade all that much.

It's also really sensitive, so a lot of the acne specific products are way too drying and my face ends up peeling everywhere and feeling like I've had too much botox. I also don't have the money to go to the doctor or the dermatologist, and last time I went to the doctor about it he told me it wasn't too bad because I saw him on a day where there weren't any whiteheads there.

I just want nice, clear skin that I don't have to cover in make-up every single time I go out in public. Not only that, but these are incredibly painful and they are scarring my skin even when I don't try and squeeze them.
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou