Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-02-2014, 10:36 AM   #19161 
Bluewind

I know it's a weird thing to say and it might be in bad taste, but I'm glad I'm not alone in this. I've never been to a funeral like that and it really bothered me. It's kinda nice to know I'm not the only one.

My cousin (aunt's daughter) was rude durning the viewing the day before to my family according to them (I had a terrible migraine and was so stressed out, I couldn't go). Made me mad! By my family, I mean my dad, my 2 brothers, my sister-in-law, my sister, and my 2 oldest nephews (my brother-in-law stayed home with the babies).

I was so thankful that Mammaw passed on Saturday because my 2nd to oldest nephew's 18th birthday was Sunday. His birthday would have been ruined from now on if it had happened then. He's very sweet and loved her so much. Both my nephews did. They cried a good bit over it. My poor oldest nephew was crying in an open mouth silent scream at the funeral. I felt so sorry for my baby boy. I hated to see him in so much pain. :(
Posted via Mobile Device
Bluewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 11:13 AM   #19162 
cheekysquirrel

I don't think it's bad taste. It's understandable. I'm also relieved to hear that other people have had somewhat similar experiences. It makes me think that maybe I wasn't over-sensitive or unnecessarily indignant
Hopefully your cousin's behaviour was due to grief, and will pass soon enough.
I feel a bit silly because I've said it so much, but I'm so sorry for the pain that you and your family are feeling.
I hope that your migraine is gone <3
Posted via Mobile Device
cheekysquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 03:01 PM   #19163 
Sena Hansler

Bluewind, we had the same issue at a funeral... started out good, then went on a long winded preach about being saved (I'm probably less spiritual thanks to the fact someone close passed away...)
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 03:12 PM   #19164 
Bluewind

Don't feel silly! You are the very definition of moderation compared to my posts ;)

No, my cousin is always like that, especially towards me. It was just a shock that she decided to act that way while Mammaw was going and during the viewing!

Btw, for those of you who may not understand, a viewing is about the same as a wake, only most people consider it a little less formal. Jeans and a nice shirt or even a clean T-shirt are common and it's more like a reunion of the deceased's friends and family where stories are told about him or her, family members reunite, and we all find comfort in on another. The pre-funeral potluck (also called The Eatin') is a informal repass. Most wear their funeral clothes, but it is relaxed with children playing and people laughing and talking. There is a prayer before to bless the food and a prayer after to bless the family which signals the beginning of the funeral as we all line up and proceed to the church. The food and deserts served are all homemade and much of it is either the deceased's favorites or a family member's take on one of his or her recipes. The Eatin' normally takes 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-02-2014, 10:16 PM   #19165 
Bluewind

Today's rant: Trying to stop biting nails (in honor of Mammaw) while allergic to acetone (a main ingredient in most nailpolishes and nailpolish removers). It's like trying to quit smoking with cigarettes glued to your fingers. TORTURE! I've been doing it since I can remember. I quit Monday and
I'm
going
NUTS!!! >X(
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-02-2014, 10:40 PM   #19166 
cheekysquirrel

I used a free hypnotherapy mp3 a few years back to stop nailbiting. Took about half an hour, once a day for a week I think. I listened at bed time. It worked really well at the time. I have relapsed though, I might try to do it again and see if it helps.
Posted via Mobile Device
cheekysquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 10:50 PM   #19167 
FishyFishy89

I just read of another friend losing their loved one. Her dog was only 2 years old and was struck by 2 cars. It was a terrible accident. Why are so many people losing their loved ones lately? It hurts so much.
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 03:09 PM   #19168 
BettaLover4life

I did not get much sleep last night because there was a music festival going on close to my house.
BettaLover4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 03:55 PM   #19169 
FishyFishy89

I didn't get much sleep either. We're watching my in law's dog and she's a beagle. They do nothing but spoil and fatten her up. She absolutely does not listen. Ask my dog to move over and she moves at the 1st or 2nd request. You literally have to shove or kick this beagle to get her to move. I had literally no space to sleep in. This dog is not sleeping with us again.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 06:38 PM   #19170 
LittleBettaFish

Oh God, the small barking dog from next door can stick almost its whole head through a gap at the bottom of our fence. I went down there today to grab our dog who was barking at it and saw just how far it can fit its head through. I was tempted to get the hose and squirt it right in its face but it's the owner's fault not the dog's.

Fortunately, I think Nike was just excited in a playing sense rather than an attacking sense, but I am going to find something to put there because if that dog manages to get through I don't know what our three would do to it.

Nike also already has enough issues with interacting with other dogs so I don't want her to get obsessive by having this dog yapping for hours at a time.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou