Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-13-2014, 11:32 PM   #19371 
Bluewind

This isn't the first time and it won't be the last. He completely believes that it is the source of all my health problems and migraines and if I had it removed, I would get well. He also thinks me becoming a mother would be the biggest mistake of my life, so getting a hysterectomy shouldn't be a big deal... yeah... super plan Dad. -_-
Posted via Mobile Device
Bluewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 03:01 AM   #19372 
logisticsguy

Unless your Dad is a practicing physician his opinion on any of this is completely useless. Is Gynecology your dads strong suit? If he brings it up again tell him you will do it only if he has his testicles removed as you feel that they are the source of all his problems.
logisticsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 01:32 AM   #19373 
cheekysquirrel

My mum's half sister has a little girl. She'll be two in October. She had her ears pierced at three months old.
It's not my kid, but I was furious. She treats that kid like a fashion accessory. She didn't even have the decency to stick with studs, she's got little hoops in her ear. I'm just waiting for the day where we get the Facebook update: "We in emergency dep. Baby pull her earring out "
Seriously. That's how she talks. There's something missing there.
cheekysquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 01:40 AM   #19374 
LittleBettaFish

Lol my ears aren't even pierced and I am 25 this year. I always wonder what happens if the kid gets an infection or as you have said, gets their earring caught on something.

Plus I just find the whole look of earrings on infants/young children creepy.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 06:10 AM   #19375 
Bluewind

To combine the two, I saw a man who had his dogs' ears pierced! And yep, they were hoops. Talk about just plain wrong! O_O

Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by Romad; 06-16-2014 at 04:09 PM. Reason: content
Bluewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 08:38 AM   #19376 
InStitches

I spend years and thousands of dollars on treatment, go through 5 alarm clocks per year, and STILL cannot figure this crap out.

Today I slept through 7 phone calls, an alarm clock design for the near-deaf which shakes you awake, two back-up alarms on my cell phone, and my fire detector beeping about its low battery.

I need to pay someone to come to my house and wake me up every morning.
InStitches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 12:57 PM   #19377 
Fenghuang

I was a lucky girl that hit puberty way early in elementary school. My mother did everything she could to stave off growth because she thought I was ballooning up at the time and developing too fast, including not allowing me to eat and supplying me with all kinds of pills that were not meant for children. And you know what? Negative male attention is not going to be deter just because you don't have a "womanly" body. That is complete BS. She still believes that everything she did was for my own good.

There are so many misguided things parents do to their kids on the premise of it being good for them.
Fenghuang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 04:11 PM   #19378 
Romad
TFK Moderator

Folks, I just removed 15 posts from this thread that weren't so family friendly.

Please keep in mind that we have a lot of young members on this forum, especially in BF.com. Any discussions that are graphic in nature should be taken to private messaging.

Thanks,
Romad
Romad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 04:16 PM   #19379 
thekinetic

Bluewind I'm not angry at anyone but myself, these are just things I cannot change and had no control of. There are things I am more angry at that were always in my control such as my OCD which I should of dealt with earlier and my once being fat which I should have also dealt with earlier. Both have left me scarred in one way or another.
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 05:27 PM   #19380 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romad View Post
Folks, I just removed 15 posts from this thread that weren't so family friendly.

Please keep in mind that we have a lot of young members on this forum, especially in BF.com. Any discussions that are graphic in nature should be taken to private messaging.

Thanks,
Romad
I was beginning to wonder on the thread veering away from being PG rated.

Anyways, my rant for the day:
This kitten won't stop jumping into the guinea pig cage -.-
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou