Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-13-2010, 05:30 PM   #1941 
vaygirl

TPF - I remember feeling like you do when I was younger. Life was so much to handle at that young age. It's really stressful. I've been with Steve since I was 20 and I'm 38 now. Here's my advice: You can't control his moods or his attitude but you can control your reaction to them.

Men are weird (no offense guys). They go into caves and hide out. That's how they deal. And they don't often talk. All we wanna do is talk. It gets better as you get older but it all takes time and trust for them to get used to opening up. In the meantime it can be like a minefield. Just walk around it, not through it. :P Let him know you're there if he has a problem but if he won't talk about it, let him come out of his funk on his own.

Try and take one thing at a time and think it through. Don't overwhelm yourself tackling everything at once.

And know that there isn't a girlfriend/fiance/wife who hasn't had these moments you're having. We've all been there. I hope things turn around soon. :)
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 06:11 PM   #1942 
Betta Slave

Rant- Okay, I'm going to sound really girly here... but most of the guys are *supposedly* going to stay home and play black-ops for the dance. (That's all they're talking about... agh.) This is really gonna suck XD
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 08:30 PM   #1943 
CodeRed

LOL, BS. Is it just coming out there, or something? We had the Black Ops craze about a month ago. Life has returned to normal here.

Rant- I'm behind on water changes and schoolwork. ;-; So late.

Antirant- FOUR DAYS. I CAN DO THIS.
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 09:12 PM   #1944 
JKfish

disregard this post: Aurgh, chemistry final tomorrow. I have to make at least a 95% on that final to pass the stinking class. On top of that, my brain hurts, and I need to buy/ make friend's presents ASAP.

Last edited by JKfish; 12-13-2010 at 09:16 PM.
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 09:27 PM   #1945 
Betta Slave

CR, yeah, it got out November 9th. WTH! XD Seriously. "Oh, what level are you? 14? Haha! I'm 16!" o.e

I'll have to convince the guys to stay. Somehow. Most of them are my friends and listen to me anyway (well, they're guys... they listen to some degree. No offence to all the male members of the forum! )... wish me luck X3
Old 12-13-2010, 09:48 PM   #1946 
Sweeda88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betta Slave View Post
Rant- ugh. I've never had skin problems except for dry skin in the winter, and an occasional pimple... But my skin is so dry and flaky, it's really gross. I scrubbed it with a face-cloth, but it looks like i scrubbed it a bit too hard so my face is all red now. D:> Oh well... it can be covered up tomorrow... nothing a little makeup won't do.
Buy a facial moisturizer... It will do wonders for your dry skin. I've heard Eucerin makes a good one for really dry skin.
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 09:54 PM   #1947 
demonicangel132007

Anti-rant: 10 days until my birthday and I can finally get my betta...and other supplies, lol!

No rant today that I feel like actually talking about. :\
demonicangel132007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 10:19 PM   #1948 
Jupiter

My little sister has really been bugging me lately! I have no idea why, but ever since I went to college she has pretty much done a 180 as far as personality goes. She's so...word I can't say here...disrespectful, fake and superficial now. We used to be really close, but now she never talks to me or pokes fun at my hobbies/other stuff if she does. You don't see me complaining about her interests (Jersey Shore, for example...stupidest thing on earth imo).

If I talk to her on Facebook, she deletes my comments because she thinks they're 'embarrassing' and she doesn't want her friends to see. Really? Meanwhile, her friends are posting ridiculously stupid things all over her page. :/

So yeah, we haven't really talked since Thanksgiving. She even got a job and I didn't know about it. Whenever I try to chat with her she says she's busy or has 'a lot of homework'...she also didn't come with my parents to see me on a long weekend because of that reason. TBH I can relate to her somewhat, but I personally don't remember having so much work in highschool that I pretty much avoided my family...so yeah, I was a bit upset that she couldn't come see me.

She's acting really rude and spoiled around my mom too, even my mom's noticed how much she's changed. Usually she would nag at me not to pick on my sister, but now she agrees with me.

Today my sister posted a status on FB saying she got into a fight with our mom so I chatted her to ask what happened. Usually it is her fault, she tends to get upset/sullen for the most trivial reasons...like I said, she acts pretty spoiled. She just replied with, 'we just did' so I finally decided to point out that she hasn't really talked to me lately. Then she gets all grouchy and says that she's not in the mood for me or my mom's...word I can't say here...today. Really? I wasn't you-know-whating at her, just pointing out that we should talk more often.

Gah! I love my sister and all, but sometimes I just want to give her a good smack.

Sorry for the long rant.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 10:42 PM   #1949 
Betta Slave

Sweeda- yeah, I'm going to get some on boxing day. For now I'm using body butter.
Old 12-14-2010, 01:56 AM   #1950 
dramaqueen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaygirl View Post
TPF - I remember feeling like you do when I was younger. Life was so much to handle at that young age. It's really stressful. I've been with Steve since I was 20 and I'm 38 now. Here's my advice: You can't control his moods or his attitude but you can control your reaction to them.

Men are weird (no offense guys). They go into caves and hide out. That's how they deal. And they don't often talk. All we wanna do is talk. It gets better as you get older but it all takes time and trust for them to get used to opening up. In the meantime it can be like a minefield. Just walk around it, not through it. :P Let him know you're there if he has a problem but if he won't talk about it, let him come out of his funk on his own.

Try and take one thing at a time and think it through. Don't overwhelm yourself tackling everything at once.

And know that there isn't a girlfriend/fiance/wife who hasn't had these moments you're having. We've all been there. I hope things turn around soon. :)

Good advice.
Bluehaven, I'm so sorry about the cat! If you would have gone out there you could have been attacked by those dogs so it's good that you didn't interfere. Don't blame yourself. It wasn't your fault.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou