Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-31-2010, 01:32 PM   #2121 
Sweeda88

Anti-rant- I will FINALLY be getting heaters for all 3 Betta this month! I'm so excited. Also, Sir Lefty is almost done with his salt treatment. It will have been 10 days on Jan. 2nd. Sequin seems to know he will be getting a bigger tank soon. He seems like he's anticipating something. IDK. My girl will be going in the 3 gallon, which will be heated as well. I'm so glad I FINALLY get to have them in warm tanks.
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 01:33 PM   #2122 
vaygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandag3001 View Post
So - I was at the LFS the other day and they had all of these wonderful Betta's marked down - 2.99 for males and 1.49 for females. Of course I found a beautiful little girl I just knew would be better off living with me. As I'm walking to the register with her, my husband stops me and says, "No more fish, put it back." But, But I sputtered...dragging my feet back to the Betta shelf. I said, "Sorry, hope you find a good home" and placed her back. I have now been sad, and pouty for 2 days. I keep saying, we have an empty tank - what's the big deal? He says - you have enough fish.Hm. I only have 2 Betta's. They are each in 5 gallon tanks. And I have a 125 Gallon with Malawi cichlids in it. I have an extra 3 Gallon that's sitting empty - It would be perfect for 1 more fish. He keeps saying - "but when will it end? It's always just 1 more"...... Grrrr....Just had to vent. Happy Year Years to everyone. May your Betta's be Merry and Bright!
Pffft. Mine says the same thing. I'll do what I want and he knows it. He's your husband, not your Daddy. :D If you're the one taking care of them, it's none of his concern. Now, if you're stickin' your nose into his hobbies, telling him what to buy and what not to buy then you don't have an argument. Or if money is a worry, of course, then there has to be an agreement... but if not...

Happy New Years!!!!! Go get yer girlie!
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 03:49 PM   #2123 
MrVampire181

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeRed View Post
It's nice what you did MrV. I've been there, done that. It's not fun to be alone in a group, not fun at all. You probably saved the night for him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
That was a very nice thing you did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawnleaf View Post
Thats awesome, MrV!!! It's really awkward when you are in a group where you aren't wanted. Good for you!
Thanks!

Unfortunately this isn't the first time something like this happened....
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 08:38 PM   #2124 
Fawnleaf

Thanks!! I was disappointed though. All the girls were behind the males so it took forever to move them out of the way, and most of them were sick or dead. And exceptionally aggressive. Most of the girls I've ever gotten have not been overly aggressive, but the two unrelated girls I got today nearly tore the rest of my sorority apart. I put one in a small cup and let the other swim around. It's all fine now, but the girl I let out has a chunk of her tail missing. At least she won't go nipping at all the peaceful fish again. The girl I kept in the bowl has breeding stripes! Yay! (I'm not planning to breed, it's just nice to know she's healthy!)

As far as quality goes, the girls in petco are rather bland right now. I saw dragon plakat males, dragon plakat double tails, copper half moon males, a BLACK half moon male, a SILVER halfmoon male, and TONS of king bettas. But they only had veiltail females, and one crowntail. I have a hard time believing they even come from the same spawn as the males do. But anyways, there are a few gems. I am now the proud care-taker of my first purple betta, and multicolored. The purple has the breeding stripes and the multicolored has a butterflied tail, and a sprinkle of green scales along her side. She looks really pretty when she flicks her tail , it makes her scales shine.

Wow, that's paragraph spam if I ever saw it!!
Fawnleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 10:30 PM   #2125 
Learn To Fly

Glad to see your Petco had a nice selection....the one I went to today had mostly red and blue VTs and the condition they were in was terrible! They all had less than two inches of water and a ton of waste on the bottom. There were a very few healthy ones, but mostly sick or dead bettas. The lady said that they don't fill up the cups too high because otherwise they can't get air (but hmm...how come other Petcos don't have this problem?) and that they normally are kept clean but they've been super busy in the x-mas season and haven't gotten around to them. I was really disappointed because of this, and their so-so selection. I have a better one now at my LPS, believe it or not, and they at least keep their fish in clean water, and larger cups!

That was my rant for today ^^
Learn To Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 11:01 AM   #2126 
dramaqueen
Banned

A neighbor got pretty hateful with me last night because my mom didn't come with me to her New Year's eve party. My mom's leg was really hurting her last night and my neighbor says, oh that's just an excuse! She's lying!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 02:09 PM   #2127 
Jupiter

Sick, sick, sick...bleh...it's been spreading around my family since we've been in the house together mostly. Started with my uncle, spread to all of us...I'm the last one to get it. Feels like someone's hit me in the face with a brick...

And on another note, I seriously cannot take any more of my sister's attitude! I'm sharing a room with her for now since we have family over that're sleeping in my room, which is fine. We both made the room pretty messy, though. BOTH of us. Anyway, we had to clean the house a couple of days ago to help get ready for a party we have tonight. So I tell my sister to clean upstairs, while I clean the main floor. So I manage to ctidy up the kitchen, the family room, the formal living room & dining room, and the office. I go upstairs and my sister's still working on her room! What's more, she seperated MY mess from the mess she made and tells me I need to clean my own mess.

I'm like...I JUST finished cleaning several rooms where I cleaned the mess that EVERYONE made, including you and your dog...but, no, she's apperantly so important now that her mess is different from mine, but she expects me to clean after her and her dog.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 02:30 PM   #2128 
dramaqueen
Banned

I wouldn't do it. She needs to clean up her own mess.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 02:35 PM   #2129 
Betta Slave

Rant- now that Miss Rawrie's gone, I'll need to find another female... preferably from a breeder! I am sick and tired of parasitic fish, and as much as I try to treat them, I do not want one more in my care. I've contacted a breeder a city away from me, and she has some PK girls... we'll see.
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 03:06 PM   #2130 
Jupiter

Yeah, I'm not planning to. I'm refusing to clean it and so is she...she just shoved it all in a pile by my bed when my mom told her again to go clean her room.

I'm trying to show her that I'm not someone who will keep doing her favours if she wants to act all prissy and give me attitude...like, a few days ago I asked her if she could go get my clothes downstairs because I was in a bathrobe, but she didn't...so I didn't get her a towel when she asked for one. Or when I asked her to call my mom in when she was waiting outside while i was still getting ready...she told me very rudely that she wouldn't...so guess who didn't help her get rid of the 'big scary' spider in her bathroom that night? It's a bit petty maybe, but I can't stand the way she's been treating me lately.
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou