Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-10-2011, 04:15 PM   #2191 
vaygirl

My best friend is making me bonkers. She's got three kids. One of them is starting middle school this year. He's been playing trombone and he wants to stop playing when he gets into middle school and she told him he's not allowed to. I get that she wants to be "Happy Mom in the audience" because she didn't get to do any of this stuff when she was a kid but PLEASE... lay off the kid. She's telling him that as long as he's under her roof, he'll do it and that she doesn't raise quitters. And she's afraid if he doesn't do something after school he'll end up a video game playing troglodyte when he's 20. For God's sake, he isn't even in MIDDLE school yet. He's a kid. She makes me wanna bang my head against a wall.

Forcing someone to do something they hate to make someone else happy is a terrible life lesson and one she should know better then to teach from personal experience. Arg!
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 04:45 PM   #2192 
JKfish

:P My mom did that to me, just with piano, though after a few years once I was competent and she was sure I would remember it the rest of my life, she let me stop taking lessons.

Rant: No school again tomorrow. This is pathetic. Really, 6 inches of snow is a "state emergency" and because of it "teh wurld is gonna eeeeennd!" (friend) and all that good stuff. If the state would get salt or even sand, we wouldn't have to worry about freezing slush on the roads. I'm missing a competition because of this state's inablity to deal with snow, as well as a test and valuable learning time in AP! D<
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 05:59 PM   #2193 
metalbetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKfish View Post
:P My mom did that to me, just with piano, though after a few years once I was competent and she was sure I would remember it the rest of my life, she let me stop taking lessons.

Rant: No school again tomorrow. This is pathetic. Really, 6 inches of snow is a "state emergency" and because of it "teh wurld is gonna eeeeennd!" (friend) and all that good stuff. If the state would get salt or even sand, we wouldn't have to worry about freezing slush on the roads. I'm missing a competition because of this state's inablity to deal with snow, as well as a test and valuable learning time in AP! D<

It's an "emergency" here too. Reason being is because people are morons on the road. That's really about it.
metalbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:05 PM   #2194 
Sweeda88

Anti-Rant- I'm glad I live in MN, where we are prepared for any type of inland weather possible. Snow days in the county I live in are super rare. We get a foot of snow and we're like, "Meh", just another day in the life of Minnesotans.
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:15 PM   #2195 
JKfish

MetalBetta: Agreed. there are the idiots who can't drive properly in the snow, and then the morons who are from the north who assume they'll be just fine driving at normal speed over black ice with regular tires... >.< ... People shouldn't even be driving in this weather unless absolutely necessary, I mean, all the stores and busniesses are essentially in lockdown because of the weather. Apparently some bafoon took down a powerline when he lost control of his car, so there are places nearby that don't have any power. Sheesh. i remember when I was growing up in michigan, the state had the proper equipment, and the people who were driving knew how to.
(edit: gosh, I sound like some grumpy old lady XD)

More ranting: and it's going to stay below freezing for several more days until Friday. Joy. I'm going to have to email my teachers and ask what sort of work I can do so I won't fall behind. :P
[/rant]
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:19 PM   #2196 
metalbetta

THANKFULLY Today was my day off so I didn't have to set foot outside. Monday is one of the days we usually have band practice and we ended up calling it off, since we don't want to risk getting into an accident... especially with thousands of dollars worth of music equipment in our cars.
metalbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 07:25 PM   #2197 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm glad I don't have to walk dogs in this stuff!
Vaygirl, I hate people who try to force their kids to do stuff. Around here, sports is very important to people and if their kids don't grow up to be a big star for the University of Kentucky then they think their kids are a failure.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 09:15 PM   #2198 
Betta Slave

VG, that sucks... I feel sorry for the kid. My mom forces me to play piano (which I absolutely hate).

Ugh, I feel so lazy like I should be doing something... but no homework, reviewed my math and I get it, practiced both guitars, and... I don't know what else to do but write. :/
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 09:19 PM   #2199 
Jupiter

Parents who try to live through their kids annoy me. Still, my mom had me in piano classes when I was younger, and when I wanted to quit she didn't really push me. I regret quitting now, I wish she had been a bit more assertive.

Anti-rant: Had an awesome day today! Went shopping in the States with my mom. Went to Petco for the first time, it was AWESOME! You guys in the Staes are so lucky...there were SOO many boys that I wanted to bring home with me. Especially a gorgeous black CT with green irridecence and yellow fins and a pearly cellophane HM. Darn customs...
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 09:35 PM   #2200 
Betta Slave

Yeah, my mom said she wanted to be a concert pianist, but her mom forced her to do something else... and now I'm stuck with 2 hours of piano a day.

Alright, 'nother rant...

My "friends" are being jerks. So much back-stabbing in Junior High... though I guess I should wait till Highschool. o.e
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou