Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-11-2011, 12:13 PM   #2211 
Sweeda88

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaygirl View Post
+1 to the earplugs. My husband is also a snoring monster. :)

About my friend with her kids.... I knew there would be trouble when she got pregnant. Her reason for doing so was to have someone who would love her. Now, they don't like her cooking, they don't like the same things she likes, and she frequently calls me and tells me how much she hates them. She wants these stepford kids who smile all day and parrot everything she does. I don't know why she can't just like them for who they are. Or why she can't be interested in the things they think are fun. She's so freaking needy. And she's always been that way. Instead of enjoying her time with them she picks over everything they won't do for her.

Its the same with her husband. She married him, knowing he wasn't romantic, knowing he didn't like doing the same things she likes doing, knowing he was a heavy beer drinker. I still get hysterical phone calls because he didn't get her anything for Valentines day, he doesn't want to go out dancing and he's drinking 10 beers a night. That's all been going on for 24 years and she's still surprised. Obviously I'm tired of her. It's been too long and I've listened to it too much. I just wanna smack her all the time now. I cannot endure another 24 years of this but I've pulled away as much as I can.

Let this be a lesson to all you girls. Do NOT think you can change a guy into something you want him to be. Make sure you like who he is and you can accept who he's not.

Gosh, rant over! Lol!
She sounds like a toxic friend. I had to dump one of my friends because of the way she acted.
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 01:23 PM   #2212 
AngelicScars

I am ticked off. My husband had to go to work today. There is ice all over the roads and he BARELY made it there. I don't know if he'll be able to get home. I hate this.

Last edited by dramaqueen; 01-11-2011 at 10:57 PM.
AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 07:09 PM   #2213 
CodeRed

Seems to be coming down with a fever. Yay.
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 07:12 PM   #2214 
Sweeda88

The new fish I got has Velvet. Fortunately, I was able to pick up some medication for it at Walmart.
Anti Rant- Just downloaded a few songs from Walmart.com that I've been wanting for a while. I could jam to them all day!
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 09:29 PM   #2215 
bloo97

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeRed View Post
Seems to be coming down with a fever. Yay.
Atleast you can watch your sorority!
bloo97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 11:03 PM   #2216 
dramaqueen
Banned

Vaygirl, I just had to cool it with one of my neighbors. I've complained about her before.She's 76 years old, talks about all her money all the time, she doesn't take care of her dog properly and didn't care about her fish and he ended up mine, thank goodness. she is the most unhappy person I know. She spends hundreds of dollars on her daughters (grown, one is married), especially the younger one, then complains about it!. I think she's finding out that money doesn't buy happiness.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 11:42 PM   #2217 
demonicangel132007

Quote:
+1 to the earplugs. My husband is also a snoring monster. :)

About my friend with her kids.... I knew there would be trouble when she got pregnant. Her reason for doing so was to have someone who would love her. Now, they don't like her cooking, they don't like the same things she likes, and she frequently calls me and tells me how much she hates them. She wants these stepford kids who smile all day and parrot everything she does. I don't know why she can't just like them for who they are. Or why she can't be interested in the things they think are fun. She's so freaking needy. And she's always been that way. Instead of enjoying her time with them she picks over everything they won't do for her.

Its the same with her husband. She married him, knowing he wasn't romantic, knowing he didn't like doing the same things she likes doing, knowing he was a heavy beer drinker. I still get hysterical phone calls because he didn't get her anything for Valentines day, he doesn't want to go out dancing and he's drinking 10 beers a night. That's all been going on for 24 years and she's still surprised. Obviously I'm tired of her. It's been too long and I've listened to it too much. I just wanna smack her all the time now. I cannot endure another 24 years of this but I've pulled away as much as I can.

Let this be a lesson to all you girls. Do NOT think you can change a guy into something you want him to be. Make sure you like who he is and you can accept who he's not.

Gosh, rant over! Lol!
Ugh, you just described one of the many types of people I can't stand. If you want someone to love you don't have a child, get a puppy. Reminds me of that couple on Dr. Phil who adopted TWO teenage girls and then wanted to give them back because they started acting out, um, they are TEENAGE GIRLS it's what they do. You can't pick and choose your kids with how they act or what they like and if she doesn't realize that SOON she will lose them and you'll get that call that her kids never visit/write/call. </mini rant>

Real Rant: So much for avoiding getting sick. Woke up today with an earache and a sore throat, tried to take a nap but my ear was hurting too much Mom checked my temperature when she got home from work (thermometer is weird, I can't get it to work :\) and it was 99* (my temp runs low so that's a fever for me).

Computer Rant: I tried working online today hoping to get the $150 I need for payout just to turn out that I am $50 short and payout is on the 15th. So that means skipping my stupid school payment this month and hoping if I have a car payment that my mother could cover for me...again. I hate being unemployed IRL and working for $.02/question on ChaCha, and surveys take too long to get qualified for. It's exceptionally hard to work online when the site messes up, you answer one question and it logs you off.

TV Rant: On top of everything I'm going through today I find myself being sucked into "Teen Mom 2" after telling myself I wouldn't watch it because I can't stand the girl, Jenelle. I ended up yelling at the TV again (not good for a sore throat, I know) and wondering why a lot of women I know can't have children but she got pregnant no problem and (SPOILER ALERT!) is on the verge of losing custody to her kid to her own mother (who if you ask me is no better since on "16 & Pregnant" they both referred to the baby as "it" even after he was born and a few months old). </rants of all kind>

Am now going to bed...or try to anyway.
demonicangel132007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 12:00 AM   #2218 
vaygirl

Drama, how'd you cut the ties!?

Lol! I love guilty pleasure TV. I find myself watching Millionaire Matchmaker and getting all irate over her archaic advice to women.

I know, it's ridiculous. I wish I could just get away from my friend but she guilts me something fierce if i dont answer the phone. Seems like all I do lately is complain about her complaining. It's like a vicious cycle. When I get off the phone with her I feel tired and head-achey and grumpy. It's like friggin phone voodoo. She feels better after unloading on me and I feel like I've been run over by a semi.
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 09:43 AM   #2219 
demonicangel132007

Quote:
I know, it's ridiculous. I wish I could just get away from my friend but she guilts me something fierce if i dont answer the phone. Seems like all I do lately is complain about her complaining. It's like a vicious cycle. When I get off the phone with her I feel tired and head-achey and grumpy. It's like friggin phone voodoo. She feels better after unloading on me and I feel like I've been run over by a semi.
:( Have you tried picking up the phone and occasionally saying, "Yeah...okay...no way...that's horrible!" It works on my brother all the time and he's usually sitting in the room with me. (I know bad sister)
demonicangel132007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 12:58 PM   #2220 
vaygirl

Lol! I try that. This last time I got really quiet and she was like..."Are you still there?!?!". I had my head on my desk.

All I say is " Uh huh, yeah, yep, oh no...". I should play a tape.
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou