Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-28-2010, 05:39 AM   #221 
weluvbettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexanderismylife View Post
1.ARRRGH...I was so excited to be getting a new 5 gallon Hex! Now I left for 1 minute at the most and my dog Molly had shredded the wheel part of my filter Now I cannot get the filter to work at all....-_- I still added my "Moms" betta to it because he has been in a small 1 gallon for around a month. Apollo is swimming around excited and loveing his new space so that makes me a bit more happy.
2.I'm moveing to another farm. My dad wanted more acres so we moved. We're moveing sept. 1st and my parents JUST decided to tell me. -_- We are in the same school district and everything but Now I'm so worried about moveing Alexander,Riley,and Apollo! Alexander allready gets SUPER stressed when he's out of his tank when I'm cleaning it! And that's only for around 20 minutes

Sorry for the long rants. I'm just so stressed out. -_-
do you still have the cups you bought them in ? if so you can put them in them and they wont be as stressed
weluvbettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 11:24 AM   #222 
Alexanderismylife

Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvbettas View Post
do you still have the cups you bought them in ? if so you can put them in them and they wont be as stressed
Yeah I do still have them and that's what I put them in dureing water changes too. Riley and Apollo seem just fine in them but Alexander is active for a few seconds then lays on the bottom...I'm a little worried about him but the farm house is only 15 minutes away so hopefully He'll be allright.
Alexanderismylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 12:45 PM   #223 
fleetfish

Not a fish related rant ... not even a rant at all, really .... just a sad story.

But today while shopping, as I stepped out of my car I saw a small bird fluttering on the bare, hot pavement. I rushed over to it, and saw that it was a female sparrow. She was really weak, and obviously injured. I just couldn't leave her to suffer, so after many attempts managed to capture her in my bare hands. She was getting weaker by the second, so all I could do was place her gently in th shady grass, hoping she could somehow make it. Her wings weren't broken as far as I could tell, but then again I've never had experience with rehabbing birds. Her eyes were shut tightly and she was limp by the time I placed her in the shady grass. By the time I came out or the store I went over to see if she was okay, but she was gone. Poor little soul ....
fleetfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 02:24 PM   #224 
bloo97

So sad fleetfish. ):
bloo97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 04:59 PM   #225 
Betta Slave

AGH!

I am very frustrated. >.<

My male at all of his eggs!
DARNNNN YOU SPIRI!!!
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 06:40 PM   #226 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm so sorry about the bird! At least she didn't die on the hot pavement.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 07:45 PM   #227 
ThePearlFish

i am SICK and TIRED of NEVER being good enough for ANYONE and being treated like CRAP because people want to feel bigger than me to make THEMSELVES feel good. I HATE life!
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 08:18 PM   #228 
1fish2fish

Why do parents get their kids pets if they don't want to spend the money to properly take care of the pet? I mean seriously... if you expect your kid to pay for his own pet and you know you only give him $3 a week in allowance (if that) then WHY would you let him get a fish, hamster, bird, lizard.. god forbid a dog or cat.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 08:28 PM   #229 
dramaqueen
Banned

I just got back from a walk a little while ago. I was walking past a neighbor's house and this girl was standing by the mailbox smoking and talking on the phone. She approached me and said "Do you have a dog?" I said "no I don;t. She said "Well, someone's dog pooped in my yard and it's disgusting!!" I said "I walk dogs but I ALWAYS clean up after them." Apparently she lives at that house and she is NOT a homeowner! I know the homeowner. I went home and told my Mom about it. She got on the phone and called the homeowner, who wasn't too happy about it. All she said was "ok, thanks." That girl doesn't have the right, IMO because she xdoesn't own the home and besides, it's common ground. This is my rant for the night. I absolutely CAN'T STAND some of my neighbors!!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 09:40 PM   #230 
Betta Slave

My mom is telling me to "do this, do that" blah blah BLAH... Yeah!! I'm doing 3 things at once! Leave me ALONE!! I'm not 5 anymore. Yeesh.
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote